2010-11 NCAA College Basketball

Doesn't look good for Marquette. The play Providence, and if I understand the Big East's bracketing correctly, then Cincinnatti, and then Notre Dame. For any other Big East team that is below Marquette in the conference standings to qualify, they'd have to win the tournament outright.

Michigan took a huge step to a spot in the big dance with their win over MSU yesterday.

And according to Mr. Izzo, we have a "rivialry" again, it so said that when the tables are turned on him and a little salt is poured on to MSU, he get all pouty and mad. I dont recall him upset when his teams of the past were blowing out michigan and he was not letting off the gass

And according to Mr. Izzo, we have a "rivialry" again, it so said that when the tables are turned on him and a little salt is poured on to MSU, he get all pouty and mad. I dont recall him upset when his teams of the past were blowing out michigan and he was not letting off the gass

Izzo...? Really? Everyone has made him to be "Mr. Class" and he as ran it up on his rival team in the state? wow....

Doesn't look good for Marquette. The play Providence, and if I understand the Big East's bracketing correctly, then Cincinnatti, and then Notre Dame. For any other Big East team that is below Marquette in the conference standings to qualify, they'd have to win the tournament outright.

Am not going to write them off yet. The USA Today / Sagarian ratings have them at #32 and with their wins over WVU, Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Connecticut, they have showed they are capable of playing better than most of the teams in the country.

Looked at the brackets on the BE site (2010-2011 Men's Basketball Championship Central) and it looks like Marquette will play Providence and then WVU if they get by Providence.

It does look to me like Marquette is the only team in the BE that is "on the bubble" and that the ten above them are locks for the tourney, though. Even if they only get 10 teams in, that is way over any other conference at 62.5% of the teams making it, VS the expected 36% for the Big10 and 33% of the SEC teams making it. Will be interesting next Sunday to see how the picks come out in the end.

As much as I love next week and the start of the NCAA's, Championship Week is the most underrated week on the sports calendar, IMHO.

When a UConn or a Villanova must win five straight games to win a loaded Big East Tourney, that spells fun!

As much as I love next week and the start of the NCAA's, Championship Week is the most underrated week on the sports calendar, IMHO.

When a UConn or a Villanova must win five straight games to win a loaded Big East Tourney, that spells fun!

The old format of the BE tourney was brutal enough, but in their never-ending quest for $$$, adding all 16 teams to the tourney and making it into a 5 day format is ridiculous. Winning 3 or 4 days in a row is hard enough, 5 is impossible. I firmly believe that there will NEVER be a team that plays the 1st day that wins the tourney and nobody really cares, as long as the tills are filled.

But, some people are pretty good at it. Joe Lunardi is one of them....

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

I like Lunardi, he comes across very well on TV.

But the thing is, the bubble is constantly shifting. Whenever a team who was not going to make the field wins a tourney and gets themselves in...and the team that didn't make the tourney can get in anyway based on their record, everything changes.

Every time there is one less spot available, every bubble team is directly affected.

Sandra

That was awful. They should make them finish the game with the time that was supposed to be on the clock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)