2010-11 NFL Season

What a bone head Smith in San Diego is.

The Vikings offered a 2nd and a conditional pick for Vincent Jackson and they said it wasn't enough.

However, in the same article it said that SD wanted a 2nd and possibly a 3 or 4th.

Any they couldn't get it done.

Now he'll sit for another three weeks and go from there.
The Chargers CAN still trade him before the trade deadline.

What a bone head Smith in San Diego is.

The Vikings offered a 2nd and a conditional pick for Vincent Jackson and they said it wasn't enough.

However, in the same article it said that SD wanted a 2nd and possibly a 3 or 4th.

Any they couldn't get it done.

Now he'll sit for another three weeks and go from there.
The Chargers CAN still trade him before the trade deadline.

As I said before, there's a reason they are called The Dolts.

Browns gauge interest in Kolb?

It didn’t take long for Kevin Kolb to go from No. 2 quarterback on the Philadelphia Eagles to the subject of a trade rumor.

On Wednesday, a Philadelphia radio station reported that the Eagles received a call from Tom Heckert, the general manager of the Cleveland Browns, asking if Kolb was available. According to the report, the Eagles said no.

Scout.com: Did Browns approach Eagles about Kolb?

Another interesting note in these power rankings: EIGHT of the Top 10 come from the AFC North, AFC South and AFC East. Wow!!!

A few more things (and granted it's VERY early):

* After the top two (New Orleans and Green Bay.......who incidentally would be my top two- just reverse the order), the next NINE teams are all from the AFC

* The once vaunted NFC East is ranked in sequence 17 through 20

* The Cardinals are ranked #21, but that's good enough for the top ranking in the NFC West

Interesting comments from ESPNs Bill Williamson..

...on his weekly AFC West blog:

The time is now for Bruce Gradkowski
September, 22, 2010 Sep 227:30PM
By Bill Williamson

Oakland coach Tom Cable has made it official: Bruce Gradkowski will be the Raiders’ starting quarterback Sunday at Arizona.

This is the right call. I wrote that Gradkowski should remain Oakland’s quarterback Sunday night after he led the Raiders to a win. He replaced Jason Campbell in the second half of a 16-14 win over St. Louis.

Really, how could Oakland go back to Campbell now?

The entire Oakland team raised its energy level when Gradkowski took over. Plus, Grakdowski led Oakland to points. Those are the two reasons Cable pointed out Wednesday as for Gradkowski getting the nod.

Points and energy -- sounds like two good traits for a quarterback should possess.

So, this is a good move.

But there are risks involved. First, can Gradkowski -- who has issues staying healthy because of his hard-nose style of play --- keep this up for the long term? He never has had sustained success before in the NFL and the Raiders felt compelled to find a starter other than Grakdowski in the offseason despite the fact that he energized and led the offense to points last season.

Campbell was the choice this offseason over Gradkowski. Surely, Oakland wasn’t sold on Gradkowski in the offseason or they would have never brought in Campbell.

What happens if the great Gradkowski flame burns out? Will anyone have confidence in Campbell after he was given up on after six quarters?

Remember, Oakland talked up Campbell big and then they shelved him very quickly. Campbell is a pro, but he has to have doubts now about it working in Oakland.

Again, none of this will be in play if Gradkowski can continue to be a sparkplug in Oakland. But if teams catch up to his energy and force him into doing things he’s not comfortable doing, this terrific story could end badly with Gradkowski showing he’s not the answer and Campbell having to try to save a franchise that quickly lost faith in him.

But if Gradkowski’s Oakland magic continues then the Raiders will finally have a reliable quarterback who can help them compete.

It’s worth the risk.

The time is now for Bruce Gradkowski - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Since when is Campbell a great QB, he really hasn't done much in his playing career.
They made him out to be clearly better than Gradkowski, but I've never seen anything special out of Campbell.

If he was, the Skin would not have gotten rid of him.

Since when is Campbell a great QB, he really hasn't done much in his playing career.
They made him out to be clearly better than Gradkowski, but I've never seen anything special out of Campbell.

If he was, the Skin would not have gotten rid of him.

Campbell is a good QB. But the Raiders are a different team when Gradkowski is behind center. BUT Bruce has to avoid the injury bug to be affective.

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

HA! Best not be be messin' with Fireman Ed. ;)

The way the Jets have taken over the consciousness of the City (for reasons both good and bad) is driving Giant fans crazy. The Giants have been pushed to the burner a couple of burners behind the back burner, while the Jets simmer daily, front and center. Giant fans have NEVER experienced this, and they don't like it.

You have Mike Francessa, avowed Giant fan, on WFAN announcing he will not refer to Ladainian Thomlinson as LT, because there can only be one LT in New York. Okay. perhaps we can refer to Thomlinson as 'The LT who is NOT an accused child rapist'. If I were Ladainian, I would be happy NOT to be associated with those initials around here.

Sandra

Last edited:
HA! Best not be be messin' with Fireman Ed. ;)

The way the Jets have taken over the consciousness of the City (for reasons both good and bad) is driving Giant fans crazy. The Giants have been pushed to the burner a couple of burners behind the back burner, while the Jets simmer daily, front and center. Giant fans have NEVER experienced this, and they don't like it.

You have Mike Francessa, avowed Giant fan, on WFAN announcing he will not refer to Ladainian Thomlinson as LT, because there can only be one LT in New York. Okay. perhaps we can refer to Thomlinson as 'The LT who is NOT an accused child rapist'. If I were Ladainian, I would be happy NOT to be associated with those initials around here.

Sandra

Tell Francessa to quit living in the past .....
Taylor retired what 10 years ago ?, 20 years ? :D

NFL Playoffs Picks - Week 1

Student Athelets and Class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)