2010-11 NFL Season

Guys....ALOT of times, these "gunners" do not go out of bounds on their own. The are pushed or blocked out of bounds. When this coach INTENTIONALLY did was create a wall where IF they are pushed/blocked out of bounds, it would be MORE difficult coming back in due to this wall. This shows intent.

No doubt, they were in the wrong, however, do you know how often the Gunner would have to be going out of bounds at JUST the right time in order for them to make this work ?

I agree, it's bush league ....

Btw, of course, Coach Ryan gonna deny knowing anything about it.

The only reason this is even a story is because he's employed by the NEW YORK Jets. Any other city and it's not even a blip on the radar.

A nobody strength and conditioning coach may or may not have tripped a player who was out of bounds? Who cares! Why is this news?

Yeah, it's not like he videotaped another team's practice or something. That would be REALLY bad! :D

Sandra
Who knows, maybe they videotaped the frequency of the Dolphins gunner running out of bounds and thus KNEW that he would run out of bounds exactly where the WALL was to be formed !!!!

The only reason this is even a story is because he's employed by the NEW YORK Jets. Any other city and it's not even a blip on the radar.

A nobody strength and conditioning coach may or may not have tripped a player who was out of bounds? Who cares! Why is this news?

Not quite true, I think had this happen in another game where the camera's were running and it was done this obvious, it would be a big deal.

Anybody see the game last night? What a beatdown! The Bolts are rolling now (probably too late), and almost logged their 2nd straight shutout. If we could only have a do-over on those special teams goofs early in the season, we'd be about 13-1 at this point (I give the Raiders their due for beating down the Bolts in the 2nd game).

The Bolts still need for KC to lose one more game, and to win out themselves for the AFC West crown, but both seem possible now. Two weeks ago it sure didn't.

Anybody see the game last night? What a beatdown! The Bolts are rolling now (probably too late), and almost logged their 2nd straight shutout. If we could only have a do-over on those special teams goofs early in the season, we'd be about 13-1 at this point (I give the Raiders their due for beating down the Bolts in the 2nd game).

The Bolts still need for KC to lose one more game, and to win out themselves for the AFC West crown, but both seem possible now. Two weeks ago it sure didn't.

They always seem to pull this type of thing out in the end ..... I'm not counting them out til it's OVER.

This has become the stupidest franchise in the NFL. Sign McNabb to a very large contract and then sit him down. Even Detroit isn't that stupid.
Actually, the contract is mostly incentives. They probably save money by benching McNabb. But I doubt that Shannahan had that in mind when he made Grossman the starter. Shannahan is just a control freak and McNabb isn't doing something Mike told him to do.

From ESPN, Donovan McNabb to be benched this Sunday in favor of Rex Grossman....

This has become the stupidest franchise in the NFL. Sign McNabb to a very large contract and then sit him down. Even Detroit isn't that stupid.

Well, the Redskins only had long shots available to them. McNab is 34 years old and his former team thought he was losing it, so he came to Washington for a reasonable price, and 1) they didn't protect him in the pocket and 2) they didn't give him much in the way of targets to throw to, but, 3) I just couldn't believe the number of times when he flat out misfired.

His very large contract isn't guaranteed. He is only guaranteed $3.5 million, which, for Snyder, is helicopter-fuel money. Time for the next crapshoot. Grossman is a trick-or-treat player. Here are his passing ratings from the 2006 season. Please note that this is NOT a vertically truncated graph. He really did end that regular season with a zero quarterback rating:
Rgrossmanstats2006.png

This season officially became lost when the Giants won their ninth game, so the Redskins followers don't even get to sit through one final, painful week of hoping that four other teams wind up 8 and 8 to keep their 'skins mathematically alive. Grossman will now get three chances to show something, and then next spring, Danny will surprise us yet again. I read that Jeff George is looking to make a comeback. Honest.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
The Raiders are 2nd in the league in Sacks ?
Very Good, I didn't know that !!!

Thank God for Tim, he's MOBILE, he'll need it.

He's gonna need it...their offensive line has had some issues and injuries.

But Tebow ain't playing Lafayette State.....EVERYONE is bigger and faster in the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)