2010-11 NFL Season

I'll let you decide.............Buffalo at Gillette. :D

Cupcake with a ton of frosting.

To recap:

1. Bills can't pass.

2. Pats will be steamed after what happened today

3. Pats have not lost to the Bills since 2003 or in Massachusetts to them since 2000 (0-8 at the Razor)

Let's see.............

Week 1: Patriots defeat the Bengals, and Ravens defeat the Jets

Week 2: Bengals defeat the Ravens, and Jets defeat the Patriots

Parity alive and well in the NFL..............

Let's see.............

Week 1: Patriots defeat the Bengals, and Ravens defeat the Jets

Week 2: Bengals defeat the Ravens, and Jets defeat the Patriots

Parity alive and well in the NFL..............

All those that made too much of wins or losses, did just that..
Made too much...

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

Bengals win. Redskins lose. Both are 1-1 now.

He is that shooting guard that comes off the bench with instant offense. In one half, 17-22, 200 yards....1TD and 1 INT.

....and most important of all, a very much needed win.

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk
I may have to start watching the Raiders, seeing the former Toledo Rocket is running the Offense now.

Will Gradkowski start or is he just the guy they go to when they think they have no chance ?

Monday Morning QB with HD MM will be off this week. I just got back from a 4 day vacation to... LETS HEAR IT FORRRRRRRRR NEWWWWWW YORRRRRRRRRRKKKK!

Needless to say I actually had a decent Sunday. I didn't get my hopes crushed by suffering through another Browns loss!

Monday Morning QB Week 2- The Fill-In Edition

Since HDMM will not be able to do his weekly MMQB, I'll be taking over for this week- and I have a lot of things to say.

1. For all the people who have referred to Derek Anderson's 2007 season as a one-hit wonder, there's another guy who had a terrific season that year that is starting to look like a one-hit wonder- David Garrard. He had three interceptions in the ENTIRE 2007 season- he had four picks yesterday in San Diego. You think Jacksonville will maybe go QB hunting in the 2011 draft?

2. Jay Cutler has really surpised me so far with his strong play and his efficiency (5 touchdowns, 1 interception- and that was on a ball tipped three times). Maybe Mike Martz should have been hired by the Bears last year- so far right now, he's not looking like the wild thrower we saw at times a year ago.

3. Three things that were overrated yesterday: the Cowboys, the Vikings, and the Ravens' offense.

4. Three things that were underrated yesterday: Darren McFadden's running, Josh Freeman, and LaDainian Tomlinson.

5. How many of you were crazy enough to think that when the Bills trailed only 13-7 at halftime to Green Bay, they had a chance to pull the upset?

6. You think the Vikings should trade for Vincent Jackson? I'd do it- they'll need him for their brutal three-game stretch in October- Dallas, Green Bay, New England.

7. The Lions are a lot better than their record indicates.

8. Of all of the teams that lost in week 1, no teams looked better yesterday than Indianapolis and San Diego.

9. Michael Vick should be the Eagles starting QB. Kolb has not shown me anything yet. He could eventually, but for now, he has looked shaky.

10. The Raiders looked good in rallying yesterday. Next week, they faced a suddenly shaky Cardinals team on the road. They could be above .500 for the first time in eons. Salsa's optimism will be at a premium high.

11. What a difference a week makes. In week 1, the Redskins defense looked very good, the offense shaky. Yesterday, it was the exact opposite- offensive brilliance, shaky defensive lapses. Hail to Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde after 2 weeks!

12. For anyone who thinks that the timeout to ice the kicker cost the Redskins yesterday, that does not excuse their efensive collapse in the second half. They had their chances to win the game in regulation- Galloway's dropped TD, the long pass that Santana Moss nearly caught, the 4th down TD to Andre Johnson that Washington could have stopped. If they had done any of those, they wouldn't have had to even come to that.

13. That Houston-Washington game was ridiculously entertaining. Two QB's that threw for over 400 yards yesterday, big plays galore, momentum swings.

14. My stud of the week- Matt Schaub. He almost threw for 500 yards, brought them back in the second half, and delivered big throw after big throw.

15. My dud of the week- a tie between the Cardinals and Jaguars. The former gave up 41 points, the latter 6 turnovers, 4 of them QB interceptions, and the defense couldn't stop the Bolts. Jacksonville had more turnovers than my local bakery!

16. Some very interesting games next week- Dallas-Houston is a game that could decide the fate of each team's season, NY Jets-Miami shapes up as an early indicator for AFC East control, and Green Bay-Chicago looms large next Monday night.

According to Adam Schefter, "Bills HC Chan Gailey announced that he is looking for a spark and that Ryan Fitzpatrick will start at QB Sunday at the Patriots."

All I have to say: THANK GOD!

Since HDMM will not be able to do his weekly MMQB, I'll be taking over for this week- and I have a lot of things to say.

1. For all the people who have referred to Derek Anderson's 2007 season as a one-hit wonder, there's another guy who had a terrific season that year that is starting to look like a one-hit wonder- David Garrard. He had three interceptions in the ENTIRE 2007 season- he had four picks yesterday in San Diego. You think Jacksonville will maybe go QB hunting in the 2011 draft?
Remember, Jacksonville was considering taking Tim Tebow in the 1st round and didn't.

2. Jay Cutler has really surpised me so far with his strong play and his efficiency (5 touchdowns, 1 interception- and that was on a ball tipped three times). Maybe Mike Martz should have been hired by the Bears last year- so far right now, he's not looking like the wild thrower we saw at times a year ago.
That won't last, but I'm glad they beat the cowboys none the less.

3. Three things that were overrated yesterday: the Cowboys, the Vikings, and the Ravens' offense.
Ravens Offense will be fine, probably better than fine.

4. Three things that were underrated yesterday: Darren McFadden's running, Josh Freeman, and LaDainian Tomlinson.

5. How many of you were crazy enough to think that when the Bills trailed only 13-7 at halftime to Green Bay, they had a chance to pull the upset?
Not I .... :)

6. You think the Vikings should trade for Vincent Jackson? I'd do it- they'll need him for their brutal three-game stretch in October- Dallas, Green Bay, New England.
Yup, probably happen soon, hopefully they wait till AFTER the Lions play them next week.

7. The Lions are a lot better than their record indicates.
Alot .... maybe, probably not ALOT, but they ARE better than the record shows. Where are all those Media types now that just last week were saying what a bad choice Jahvid Best was for the Lions, pretty quiet this week !

8. Of all of the teams that lost in week 1, no teams looked better yesterday than Indianapolis and San Diego.

9. Michael Vick should be the Eagles starting QB. Kolb has not shown me anything yet. He could eventually, but for now, he has looked shaky.
Your giving up on Kolb after you've seen 2 quarters from him ? The Eagles have tagged him as thier Starter and they pretty much HAVE to hang with him or wish they still had McNabb.

10. The Raiders looked good in rallying yesterday. Next week, they faced a suddenly shaky Cardinals team on the road. They could be above .500 for the first time in eons. Salsa's optimism will be at a premium high.

11. What a difference a week makes. In week 1, the Redskins defense looked very good, the offense shaky. Yesterday, it was the exact opposite- offensive brilliance, shaky defensive lapses. Hail to Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde after 2 weeks!

12. For anyone who thinks that the timeout to ice the kicker cost the Redskins yesterday, that does not excuse their efensive collapse in the second half. They had their chances to win the game in regulation- Galloway's dropped TD, the long pass that Santana Moss nearly caught, the 4th down TD to Andre Johnson that Washington could have stopped. If they had done any of those, they wouldn't have had to even come to that.

13. That Houston-Washington game was ridiculously entertaining. Two QB's that threw for over 400 yards yesterday, big plays galore, momentum swings.

14. My stud of the week- Matt Schaub. He almost threw for 500 yards, brought them back in the second half, and delivered big throw after big throw.

15. My dud of the week- a tie between the Cardinals and Jaguars. The former gave up 41 points, the latter 6 turnovers, 4 of them QB interceptions, and the defense couldn't stop the Bolts. Jacksonville had more turnovers than my local bakery!
Ummm, Tennesee take the cake here, they had 7 turnovers to the Steeler's Defense

16. Some very interesting games next week- Dallas-Houston is a game that could decide the fate of each team's season, NY Jets-Miami shapes up as an early indicator for AFC East control, and Green Bay-Chicago looms large next Monday night.
Houston beats cowboys, Jets should beat fins and GB crushes Da Bears

2. Jay Cutler has really surpised me so far with his strong play and his efficiency (5 touchdowns, 1 interception- and that was on a ball tipped three times). Maybe Mike Martz should have been hired by the Bears last year- so far right now, he's not looking like the wild thrower we saw at times a year ago. Martz has a way of helping QB that struggle. I would not be surprised if Cutler has a great year.

3. Three things that were overrated yesterday: the Cowboys, the Vikings, and the Ravens' offense. I would not say that the Vikings TEAM and the Ravens offense is overrated. The Vikings defense has been great only giving up 2 TD, the QB play, AKA Mr. I-can't-decide, has been HORRIBLE. Ravens offense, we too early to state that they are overrated because they picked the JETS defense apart in game one.

4. Three things that were underrated yesterday: Darren McFadden's running, Josh Freeman, and LaDainian Tomlinson. I am telling you that Tomlinson WILL be taking over the RB duties un NY, that kid they have, Greene, has not done well with a few dropped passes and 3 fumbles already. McFadden, 2 two games, 240+ yards on 40 carries. And Tomlinson.....I HATED him in SD, but he was a BEAST!

5. How many of you were crazy enough to think that when the Bills trailed only 13-7 at halftime to Green Bay, they had a chance to pull the upset? :eek:

6. You think the Vikings should trade for Vincent Jackson? I'd do it- they'll need him for their brutal three-game stretch in October- Dallas, Green Bay, New England. They are ALREADY talking about that down here about the Vikings making that move.

7. The Lions are a lot better than their record indicates. I totally agree!

9. Michael Vick should be the Eagles starting QB. Kolb has not shown me anything yet. He could eventually, but for now, he has looked shaky. I stated that from day one, he MAY NOT be the future of the Eagles....but RIGHT NOW, he is the best QB for the job of helping him win. SO, with that being said, I spoke to a friend in Phiily and a HUGE Eagles fan...he stated that they have invested alot on this Kolb kid, so I will go with that!

10. The Raiders looked good in rallying yesterday. Next week, they faced a suddenly shaky Cardinals team on the road. They could be above .500 for the first time in wons. Salsa's optimism will be at an all-time high. Naaaahhh. I LOVE my Raiders, but as opposed some in here with their teams in any sport, I am a realist. My HOPE is still 8-8, but I still predict a 7-9...and anything above 8-8 I would be as giddy as my 10 year old daughter at a Jonas Brothers concert.;)

That is why NO ONE should make a big deal about one game. Look at the Titans, they look like world beaters against my Raiders......ask them how it went against the Steelers...?;)

13. That Houston-Washington game was ridiculously entertaining. Two QB's that threw for over 400 yards yesterday, big plays galore, momentum swings. I knew you defensive hating NFL fan would love that!;)

Nice Job Sabres!:up

Jets should beat fins

Why?

In the AFC East, you have the Jets who everyone seems to have put in the Super Bowl, the Patriots, and then you have the team no one was talking about...........the Dolphins.

The Dolphins come into this game 2-0, and they're playing the hated Jets in their home opener on Sunday Night Football. I think the Fins will be sky high for this one.

Can the Jets win this game? Of course they can! But it's HARDLY a "should" proposition.

BTW, would it surprise anyone if the Dolphins won the AFC East?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)