2010-11 NFL Season

I don't know if Cowher would be the right choice.

He has more playoff chokes than championships (yes, he has a Super Bowl, but let's not forget the other postseason letdowns his Steelers had- how about 4 AFC Title game losses at home?)

AND he will more than likely demand the power to "buy the groceries" as Tuna calls it. IF you are asking of him to coach the team..that would be a pretty good choice...but to be ALSO a gm/president of player personnel ...that is different.

Sandra, how about those J-E-T-S?

Hard-fought win on the road in Pittsburgh- never an easy place to get a road win-, they finally get an offensive touchdown, and no stupid turnovers.

This was a win they needed to restore some confidence.

Bleh. Despite an exciting win yesterday, I'm not convinced.

Too erratic...too inconsistent. Too many two yard gains on first down running plays. If a lot of things break right the Jets can win the Super Bowl...and if just a few thing break wrong they can flame out and not win another quarter.

Sandra

He has more playoff chokes than championships (yes, he has a Super Bowl, but let's not forget the other postseason letdowns his Steelers had- how about 4 AFC Title game losses at home?)
Which translates to more postseason appearances than many current coaches too.....:)

What did you think of the long return by Dan Connolly last night?

The Patriot guard nearly rumbled into the endzone for a kick return! I was really hoping he'd make it in- that would have been awesome!

That goes under the "Rather Get there than NOT" section.

A brutal coaching job by Reed, however, not challenging the Desean Jackson fumble. That could have decided the game, and the ball would absolutely have remained with the Eagles had he not put the red flag back in his pocket.

If the Eagles would have lost, especially if it was by a touchdown or less, calls for Reed's head would be ringing LONG and LOUD throughout the Delaware Valley. A lot of Eagle fans think the Eagles are winning DESPITE Reed.

Sandra

Then they are out of their minds!

What did you think of the long return by Dan Connolly last night?

The Patriot guard nearly rumbled into the endzone for a kick return! I was really hoping he'd make it in- that would have been awesome!

That was great! An offensive linemans dream. Brady said it was the slowest developing play he ever saw. I thought Dan was running very fast for a 300+lb player. He didn't seem to be running out of steam.

Week 15- Top 10

1. New England
2. Atlanta
3. Baltimore
4. Philadelphia
5. New Orleans
6. NY Jets
7. Pittsburgh
8. San Diego
9. Indianapolis
10. NY Giants

Week 15- Not 10

32. Carolina
31. Denver
30. Cincinnati
29. Arizona
28. Seattle
27. Detroit
26. San Francisco
25. Buffalo
24. Minnesota
23. St. Louis

Week 15- Top 10

1. New England
2. Atlanta
3. Baltimore
4. Philadelphia
5. New Orleans
6. NY Jets
7. Pittsburgh
8. San Diego
9. Indianapolis
10. NY Giants

Week 15- Not 10

32. Carolina
31. Denver
30. Cincinnati
29. Arizona
28. Seattle
27. Detroit
26. San Francisco
25. Buffalo
24. Minnesota
23. St. Louis

Once my Raiders beat Indy this weekend, they will FINALLY crack your top 10?;)

weird getting all giddy about a team that is 7-7....LOL!

LOL!! I remember being giddy one year when the Pats won a game to get to 6-6.... I believe it was 1994 (Big Tuna and Bledsoe's second year in NE). In fact, they were 3-6 and won their last seven games to get into the playoffs. Then the pupil Belichick (Browns coach) beat the teacher Parcells in the wildcard game.

Last edited:
Just when you think the off-field stuff for the Jets can't get any stranger, they outdo themselves!!

The New York Jets are on the verge of making the playoffs, but the focus once again is off the field as coach Rex Ryan is being asked whether his wife, Michelle, posted foot-fetish videos on the Internet.

In a conference call with Chicago reporters and at his news conference later Wednesday leading up to Sunday's big game with the Bears, Ryan didn't deny a Deadspin.com report that shows a number of videos of a woman who looks very much like his wife showing off her feet while a cameraman -- who sounds like Ryan -- talks to the woman.

Michelle Ryan, wife of Jets coach Rex Ryan, models Jets apparel for the NFL in InStyle Magazine.
"To be honest, and I get it, I know you need to ask and all that stuff," Ryan told reporters when asked if the situation could snowball into a distraction. "But it's a personal matter and I'm really not going to discuss it, OK?"

New York Jets' Rex Ryan: Foot-fetish report 'personal matter' - ESPN New York

It's right there for the Steelers to secure the #2 seed in the AFC. If they win tonight against Carolina and next Sunday in Cleveland, they secure the #2 seed and a first round bye.

The Steelers can't get the #1 seed, however. Either the Pats (with a win in EITHER of their games OR a Jets loss), Jets or Ravens will be the #1 seed.

I don't think the Ravens can get the # 1 seed either or the Jets for that matter.
If N.E. wins out, thats it.
If the Steeler's win out, they get the #2, doesn't matter 1 or 2 as long as it's one or the other.

The BYE week is the biggest issue that Pittsburgh wants ....

I personally can't wait till NEXT year, this year the Steeler's have EVERYTHING going against them, maybe that will change next year.

Once again they get a bogus call going against them and have to settle for a FG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)