2010-11 NHL Hockey Season

Versus Making Wholesale Changes To NHL Broadcasts

It was first reported in the Montreal Gazette on Friday that Versus NHL rinkside reporter Bob Harwood was informed that he would no longer be used during game broadcasts, but perhaps be used during the playoffs. In addition, other rinkside reporters, Lindsay Soto and Charissa Thompson could also be used during the postseason. There were rumors that 29 people at Versus’ NHL coverage, mostly on-air would be losing their jobs.

Greg Wyshynski of Versus broke the news regarding this change.

Anyone see that wild game between the Bruins and Habs?

The Lakers and Celtics will have a tough act to follow.

I did because I was there! :D

Outstanding game and the Gahden was rockin'. One thing though.......Tim Thomas will never make me forget Terry O'Reilly. :eek:

What a week for the Gahden:

Monday night: Beanpot semifinals
Last night: Canadiens-Bruins
Tonight: Lakers-Celtics
Friday night: Red Wings-Bruins
Sunday: Heat-Celtics
next Monday night: Beanpot Championship

WOW!!!!

I did because I was there! :D

Outstanding game and the Gahden was rockin'. One thing though.......Tim Thomas will never make me forget Terry O'Reilly. :eek:

What a week for the Gahden:

Monday night: Beanpot semifinals
Last night: Canadiens-Bruins
Tonight: Lakers-Celtics
Friday night: Red Wings-Bruins
Sunday: Heat-Celtics
next Monday night: Beanpot Championship

WOW!!!!

Wow that is an amazing week right there, Bill. You should go to all of them!

Sandra

After a bit of the slump, looks like the wings are breaking out of it a bit

Well Datsuk is back now and getting it going.
They swept the Bruins who are in the top part of the Eastern side of things, so yes, maybe the Wings are snapping out of thier typical Winter doldrums, happens every year to them this time of year.

They swept the Bruins who are in the top part of the Eastern side of things, so yes, maybe the Wings are snapping out of thier typical Winter doldrums, happens every year to them this time of year.

After a bit of the slump, looks like the wings are breaking out of it a bit
That's because I've had time to start watching 'em again... :rolleyes: ;) :)

Go Wings!!!

Anybody watching the Heritage Classic on Versus?

Nope...I'm watching it on Xfinity 3D :D Man, hockey in 3D is awesome, I feel sorry for those with satellite that they only get it in HD. :) Thanks Time Warner for picking up the 3D feed.

And Montreal just gets a SHG scored against, I love it!

Anybody watching the Heritage Classic on Versus?

Watched it in it's entirety. Go Flames!!

-30°F, yet the game went on. Got to love the non-complaining NHLers. They man up and just play the game. I can't imagine the prima donnas in the other leagues doing the same.

PS. I absolutely love the additional camera views on these outdoor hockey games! It certainly makes for great at home viewing!

Add another nice win (2-1/SO) at Minnesota yesterday afternoon after coming up from playing in FL (3rd game in 4 days)

Trivia Question

Q: Name the teams (current) the Detroit Red Wings have an all-time losing record against? (click on spoiler for answer)

A: They are Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Buffalo and Montreal.

Toronto Maple Leafs (333 334 93 .499)
Edmonton Oilers (56 58 13 .492)
Philadephia Flyers (550 55 21 .480)
Buffalo Sabres (47 53 13 .473)
Montreal Canadiens (230 303 96 .442)

Unfortunately, the Wings don't often play many Eastern Conference teams these days unless they meet in the Stanley Cup Final. Of course, I would love to see them overtake Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Buffalo in the coming years...and perhaps Montreal in the next 50 or so. :)

Q: Name the teams (current) the Detroit Red Wings have an all-time losing record against? (click on spoiler for answer)

A: They are Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Buffalo and Montreal.

Unfortunately, the Wings don't often play many Eastern Conference teams these days unless they meet in the Stanley Cup Final. Of course, I would love to see them overtake Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Buffalo in the coming years...and perhaps Montreal in the next 50 or so. :)

I'm hoping thats a typo on the Philly side of things ?

It sounds like good news for Buffalo fans, but it certainly won't be easy. We shall see! Hmmm...I wonder if this guy would be interested in buying the Detroit Lions? :eek:

It is my understanding that if you own an NFL team you CAN'T own any other pro team in any other pro league.
But if this is wrong I would LOVE to see the Wings owner buy the Bengles.

It is my understanding that if you own an NFL team you CAN'T own any other pro team in any other pro league.
But if this is wrong I would LOVE to see the Wings owner buy the Bengles.

That is not true. Wayne Heizinga sp? owned both the Dolphins and Marlins at the same time a while back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)