2010-11 NHL Hockey Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Other than Vancouver, I see no overwhelming favorite to win this year's Stanley Cup. Of course, since the Canucks have won absolutely nothing...this year promises to be a real humdinger. We shall see...

Go Wings!!!

Hey...not to bang my own drum....but wouldn't it be awesome to see the two 1970 Expansion Teams that have never won a cup...play for one. Buffalo and Vancouver:rant:

Red Wings

Red Wings surpassed the 100-point mark for the 11th straight season and qualified for the playoffs the 20th consecutive time - both are NHL records. Now, we just need to add another Stanley Cup to the collection. :)

They have been there enough already, and Montreal isn't necessary in yet either...could be that Sabres, Rangers and Canes catch them.
I don't think the Canadiens have been to a Stanley Cup Final is nearly 20-years. Regardless, I see the Caps or Flyers coming out of the East this year...but the Bruins and Penguins won't go quietly. It should be great playoff season.

I don't think the Canadiens have been to a Stanley Cup Final is nearly 20-years. Regardless, I see the Caps or Flyers coming out of the East this year...but the Bruins and Penguins won't go quietly. It should be great playoff season.

The Pens don't even have their best 2 players and are in 3rd place

With six days remaining in the regular season, this is how the playoff picture currently looks:

Eastern Conference:
(1) Philadelphia (103 points) vs. (8) Buffalo (90 points)
(2) Washington (103 points) vs. (7) NY Rangers (91 points)
(3) Boston (99 points) vs. (6) Montreal (91 points)
(4) Pittsburgh (100 ponts) vs. (5) Tampa Bay (99 points)

Western Conference:
(1) Vancouver (113 points) vs. (8) Chicago (92 points)
(2) San Jose (103 points) vs. (7) Anaheim (93 points)
(3) Detroit (102 points) vs. (6) Nashville (95 points)
(4) Phoenix (96 points) vs. (5) Los Angeles (96 points)

HUGE game in Montreal tonight, as two of the "Original Six" are fighting for their postseason lives.

End of 2nd period: Habs 1, Blackhawks 1

With six days remaining in the regular season, this is how the playoff picture currently looks:

Eastern Conference:
(1) Philadelphia (103 points) vs. (8) Buffalo (90 points)
(2) Washington (103 points) vs. (7) NY Rangers (91 points)
(3) Boston (99 points) vs. (6) Montreal (91 points)
(4) Pittsburgh (100 ponts) vs. (5) Tampa Bay (99 points)

Western Conference:
(1) Vancouver (113 points) vs. (8) Chicago (92 points)
(2) San Jose (103 points) vs. (7) Anaheim (93 points)
(3) Detroit (102 points) vs. (6) Nashville (95 points)
(4) Phoenix (96 points) vs. (5) Los Angeles (96 points)

Looks like you need to rework your pairings after last nite - GO SABRES:D

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Carolina has two winnable games left, especially after shutting out the Red Wings last night. The Sabres still have to play Philly, which they have a good shot at losing and Saturday is Columbus and historically they have never been good against the Blue Jackets except for their first meeting of the season in December when they blanked them 5-0.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Carolina has two winnable games left, especially after shutting out the Red Wings last night. The Sabres still have to play Philly, which they have a good shot at losing and Saturday is Columbus and historically they have never been good against the Blue Jackets except for their first meeting of the season in December when they blanked them 5-0.

I find it hard to believe, with the 80+ Alumni Sabres in the House Tonight, and the stands shaking, and only 1 point needed now in the final two games, Buffalo will get it done tonight, so I can enjoy the Bob Seeger Concert without distractions tomorrow night:D

I find it hard to believe, with the 80+ Alumni Sabres in the House Tonight, and the stands shaking, and only 1 point needed now in the final two games, Buffalo will get it done tonight, so I can enjoy the Bob Seeger Concert without distractions tomorrow night:D
What do the Buffalo Sabres and Bob Seger have in common? They were both in their prime in the '70s and neither has won a Stanley Cup. To be honest, my money is on Mr. Seger winning the Cup before Buffalo.

Hey, just kidding! :D

Alright playoff time! I had doubts the Sabres would get in, and while they had a crappy start to the season, they finished up strong with an 8-1-1 record in their last 10. I’m glad Montreal won to clinch 6th place. The Flyers have been in a big slump, and I really did not want to see Boston in the first round again this year. So bring on Philly! And if nothing else, having Carolina just miss the playoffs will give me a warm and fuzzy that will last for a while.

I was impressed that the Sabres were able to score two goals during the 5 minute major tonight. Usually they can’t take advantage of situations like that. Going forward into the playoffs they need a better power play. Not necessarily by scoring goals, although they did go 0 for 17 on the power play against Boston last year, so a few PPGs would be nice, but they need to stop giving up the short handed goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts