2010-11 NHL Hockey Season

Actually, Vokoun outplayed Lundqvist in the Ranger/Panther game. A couple of nice saves by Hank, but the Rangers were all over Vokoun all night and he was incredible until they finally put one past him.

Sandra

I would have much rather posted Vokoun had the shut out believe me....as I hope the Sabres catch the Rangers.:rolleyes:

Have to acknowledge Matt Cooke. After the suspension he said all the right things about having to change his ways, etc.

Not a fan, but I have to give credit where it's due.

Sandra

Bruins / Canadiens should be a good one tonight. I don't expect anyone to take a run at Chara, but will be interesting to see if anyone tries to drops the gloves against him.

Wow what a game!!! Call 911 alright, the habs are dead!! I see still as dirty as ever with the sticks... one 4 min high sticking and cross check to the neck (called as roughing..) Habs are the dirtiest team in the league with the sticks, every game, same thing. Better send #22 a razor, I see he has a head start on the playoff beard. May as well shave it now, buddy!

As far as giving Matte Cooke credit... are you kidding???? I guess watching Savard writhing on the ice after Cooke just about killed him, wasn't a catalyst for change. Only a major suspension and a sitdown with league officials can do that. Gimme a break. Cookie you'll get yours one day... and just like when Domi suckered Samuellson, I'll be standing and cheering when someone takes yer block off. GO BRUINS!!!!

Last edited:
Wow what a game!!! Call 911 alright, the habs are dead!! I see still as dirty as ever with the sticks... one 4 min high sticking and cross check to the neck (called as roughing..) Habs are the dirtiest team in the league with the sticks, every game, same thing. Better send #22 a razor, I see he has a head start on the playoff beard. May as well shave it now, buddy!

As far as giving Matte Cooke credit... are you kidding???? I guess watching Savard writhing on the ice after Cooke just about killed him, wasn't a catalyst for change. Only a major suspension and a sitdown with league officials can do that. Gimme a break. Cookie you'll get yours one day... and just like when Domi suckered Samuellson, I'll be standing and cheering when someone takes yer block off. GO BRUINS!!!!

This guy is nowhere near as bad as Claude Lemuix ....

This guy is nowhere near as bad as Claude Lemuix ....

It depends how you define 'as bad', but for my money Cooke is much worse than Lemieux. And this is from a person who HATED Lemieux while he was with the Devils, and one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen on thie ice was Adam Graves punching Lemieux out...in the penalty box no less!

Lemieux had that very high profile hit from behind on Kris Draper, which was dirty and earned him a two game suspension, but as far as I know that was the only time he was ever suspended. Aside from that hit Lemieux falls more into the Sean Avery/Darcy Tucker categery of guys who are incredibly annoying to play against but more because of their mouths than what they do on the ice.

Matt Cooke, however, has been suspended multiple times, and probably ended the career of Marc Savard last year. The guy is one of the biggest cheap shot artists ever. Aside from one hit, Lemieux was not.

Sandra

It depends how you define 'as bad', but for my money Cooke is much worse than Lemieux. And this is from a person who HATED Lemieux while he was with the Devils, and one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen on thie ice was Adam Graves punching Lemieux out...in the penalty box no less!

Lemieux had that very high profile hit from behind on Kris Draper, which was dirty and earned him a two game suspension, but as far as I know that was the only time he was ever suspended. Aside from that hit Lemieux falls more into the Sean Avery/Darcy Tucker categery of guys who are incredibly annoying to play against but more because of their mouths than what they do on the ice.

Matt Cooke, however, has been suspended multiple times, and probably ended the career of Marc Savard last year. The guy is one of the biggest cheap shot artists ever. Aside from one hit, Lemieux was not.

Sandra

I'll never forget the Lemuix / Draper / Mc Carty incident ...

I'll never forget the Lemuix / Draper / Mc Carty incident ...

After that incident Draper continued on to a long and successful career.

Unlike Marc Savard, who will never forget the Matt Cooke incident...he has to live with the effects every day.

Sandra

Big win for the Sabres over the Rangers last night, with Enroth getting the shutout while filling in for MillerTime!

That was a nice win for the Buffalos. Rangers had a chance to create some separation in the last two weeks, but they did not. What a laser beam by Connelly! Goodness gracious he got all of that shot.

Who the heck is Enroth anyway? With the combination name of Enron and Madoff, shouldn't he be in jail or something? :eek:

Sandra

SandraC said:

Sandra

The bad thing is that Cooke is actually a very good player if he isn't hitting people in the head.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

The bad thing is that Cooke is actually a very good player if he isn't hitting people in the head.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Do not disagree with that, he's a very effective pest/checking line player. Claude Lemieux was also a very good hockey player.

Sandra

Big win for the Sabres over the Rangers last night, with Enroth getting the shutout while filling in for MillerTime!

He was our Number 2 in 2006 from Stockholm, and played the last couple years at Portland. He has basically been Miller's backup for most of year, because has no confidence in Lalime and won't start him in a game anymore.

Island Guy,

No Kidding, I don't want to see LaLame anytime soon. The big bonus in having Enroth in goal over Miller is Enroth doesn't "fall Asleep" in the crease and let in ridiculously soft goals. Secondly he plays within himself and doesn't get cocky trying to play the puck like a Martin Broduer (sp) like Miller does. Miller hasn't had a very good numbers year. Heck if Miller had played better we could have been contending for the Northeast division instead of clinging to a playoff spot.

What is frustrating about Miller is he will make so amazing save and then give up a soft goal. His timing was awful early in the season giving up early period goals and or very late period goals that put the team on their heels. Miller has had stretches in which he has given up 3 to 4 goals per game, game in and game out. I only hope with Enroth pushing him and showing him he doesn't have to come from the net to play a lot of pucks that maybe he can start to put up some great numbers so the Sabres can make a deep run into the playoffs.

John

Island Guy,

No Kidding, I don't want to see LaLame anytime soon. The big bonus in having Enroth in goal over Miller is Enroth doesn't "fall Asleep" in the crease and let in ridiculously soft goals. Secondly he plays within himself and doesn't get cocky trying to play the puck like a Martin Broduer (sp) like Miller does. Miller hasn't had a very good numbers year. Heck if Miller had played better we could have been contending for the Northeast division instead of clinging to a playoff spot.

What is frustrating about Miller is he will make so amazing save and then give up a soft goal. His timing was awful early in the season giving up early period goals and or very late period goals that put the team on their heels. Miller has had stretches in which he has given up 3 to 4 goals per game, game in and game out. I only hope with Enroth pushing him and showing him he doesn't have to come from the net to play a lot of pucks that maybe he can start to put up some great numbers so the Sabres can make a deep run into the playoffs.

John

Well hopefully Lindy has learned you can't run Miller into the ground and then expect your backup to be outstanding. Lalime sounds like he is only used for the extra forwards on the roster not playing, to take shots at practice. Now the big question is whom do you play. Enroth with the hot hand or back to Miller.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts