2010-2011 College Bowl Season

Newton and Pryor are very close to the same size. Pryor is 6'6" and 240 I think I saw last.
If Pryor could pass as well as Newton .... then again, Newton didn't look very good in the first quarter.
They even look alike...

terrelle-pryor.jpg
cam-newton2.jpg

two bad throws from Cam and this game would be a total different ball game. Both guys wide open. Both guys in for a easy TD. Aw well Auburn still beating up oregon on both sides of the ball.

Gotta say, the best of the PAC10 is looking small and weak against this Auburn team, and slower than they were advertised. Then again, maybe this slippery new field they're playing on is having an effect on their footing and slowing them down.

Last edited:
Auburn miscues have allowed the Ducks to tie the game at 2:33 left in the 4th quarter. Damn good game! Auburn is gonna have to earn this one.

Edit: Auburn drives it quickly down the field, and kicks the Ducks through the uprights for the National Championship - the first for Auburn since 1957*, the 2nd in a row for the state of Alabama, and the 5th in a row for the Southeastern Conference.

Season over.

* They cheated that year too by paying their players

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the War Eagle thing? I thought they were the Tigers?
Don't forget the "Plainsmen" as well. They have an identity crisis I believe.

Actually, their mascot is the golden eagle...that's where the war eagle thing comes from I believe. Feel free to jump in Auburn fans.

Cam Newton is as much a winner as Tim Tebow. It might be hard for the Carolina Panthers to chose someone other than Newton in the draft,if they put heart above logic. This was a good game & good win by Auburn.

It's another SEC title, but in a way, Auburn was an un-SEC like champion.

Unlike the other recent national champs- Bama, Florida, LSU- whose calling card was defense, they made their name with offense. Not very often you see SEC teams with an offense-first mentality and making their name by putting up points galore (you got to go back to Spurrier's Gators in that case).

Also, consider:

before the season, they were not considered the best team in their own division (let alone their own state- most people thought Bama would be the chic team in 2010), low preseason top 25 ranking.

(And remember, in 2008, Auburn's offense was not very good- and I ripped them regularly that year. Well, in just two years, their O became awesome. Championship-caliber awesome.)

Terrapin and ACC fan here, but I have to say even with the close score, that looked like men against boys out there tonight. The only thing that kept it close,in my mind,was the ballsy calls by Oregon.Congrats to all the Auburn and SEC fans on this board.

Unlike the other recent national champs- Bama, Florida, LSU- whose calling card was defense, they made their name with offense. Not very often you see an SEC team led by offense-first mentality and points galore (you got to go back to Spurrier's Gators in that case)...
To be fair, those teams had very good offenses as well.

Unlike the other recent national champs- Bama, Florida, LSU- whose calling card was defense, they made their name with offense. Not very often you see SEC teams with an offense-first mentality and making their name by putting up points galore (you got to go back to Spurrier's Gators in that case).

Also, consider:

before the season, they were not considered the best team in their own division (let alone their own state- most people thought Bama would be the chic team in 2010), low preseason top 25 ranking.

(And remember, in 2008, Auburn's offense was not very good- and I ripped them regularly that year. Well, in just two years, their O became awesome. Championship-caliber awesome.)

Your right, but Aurburns non-sec typical Defense sure as hell stepped up tonight and played like an sec defense. They brought the highest scoring team in the land and held them to 19 points. At least 10 of those points are the offenses fault though with very costly turnovers deep into enemy territory.

I wonder what that hillbilly heckler in this video is doing today. He's broke if he's betting on football. :D

[youtube]f7TxIMAwc1k?fs=1&smp;hl=en[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)