2010-2011 College Bowl Season

Cam Newton is as much a winner as Tim Tebow. It might be hard for the Carolina Panthers to chose someone other than Newton in the draft,if they put heart above logic. This was a good game & good win by Auburn.

Nick Fairley kicked Cam Newtons' ass tonight as far as the draft, and Ryan Mallet will probably be the first QB to go.......doubt Newton will go in the first round.

When you watch the Super Bowl,immediately turn to QVC as soon as the final seconds of the game run out. They have this "Breaking News" segment come on within seconds of the game being over,& they'll start hawking t-shirts & hats of the winning team. They do it with the World Series,Final Four Basketball game,maybe the NBA championship game.....who knows,they probably start selling t-shirts of the Masters Golf Tournament winner as soon as he is revealed.

Nick Fairley kicked Cam Newtons' ass tonight as far as the draft, and Ryan Mallet will probably be the first QB to go.......doubt Newton will go in the first round.
I think you're wrong about that yaz. If Newton enters the draft, I say he goes before Mallett.

lefatman said:
Terrapin and ACC fan here, but I have to say even with the close score, that looked like men against boys out there tonight. The only thing that kept it close,in my mind,was the ballsy calls by Oregon.Congrats to all the Auburn and SEC fans on this board.

So, had it been Oregon that got the balddl last and went down and kicked the game winner, they would have still lost because they were dominated ???

You mentioned "ballsy calls, for Oregon, its really not, that's the way they are.....

do I even need to say it?

Yes...
SEC SEC SEC :D

Ok, now that that is out of the way. I went for Auburn, and congrats. Congrats to the rest of our conference brothers as well. Good game, and great win.

NOW, it will just tickle me pink when in about 4 years it is stripped away! RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And remember, in 2008, Auburn's offense was not very good- and I ripped them regularly that year. Well, in just two years, their O became awesome. Championship-caliber awesome.)
amazing what $200,000 will do for you.
To bad inflation hit, it only cost Georgia a trans am to get Hershal's services in the 80's. ;)

Derwin0 said:
amazing what $200,000 will do for you.
To bad inflation hit, it only cost Georgia a trans am to get Hershal's services in the 80's. ;)

Its was never proved that it was a gift just like Dickersons TA at SMU.

Congrats to Auburn on keeping the title in the south. SEC leads all conferences by a long shot on BCS title wins.

Ok let's her from the TCU fans saying they deserved their title shot, nit really didn't.

Not what sucks if AJ Green leaving my Dawgs for the Pros.

Its was never proved that it was a gift
oh I know, but it was pretty much an open secret in the state of Georgia. Of course back then the NCAA never did much in enforcing rules or doing investigations. Otherwise the Jan Kemp fiasco would have shut down the football program.
Not what sucks if AJ Green leaving my Dawgs for the Pros.
That will hurt. But not a big surprise, AJ has nothing to gain by staying another year. Hopefully Carolina takes him with the #1 pick and he can stay close to home.

Congratulations to Auburn and all SEC fans. The best team won, and the best conference won...AGAIN. The SEC is so far over the other conferences that the others don't even belong in the discussion.

Sandra

Congratulations to Auburn and all SEC fans. The best team won, and the best conference won...AGAIN. The SEC is so far over the other conferences that the others don't even belong in the discussion.

Sandra
Let's not bash and abuse others Sandra. ;) :D

I think Auburn showed they were the better team when they had to...stuffing Oregon for a goalline stand, holding Darron Thomas to -6 yds rushing, and easily running over the Duck defense on that last drive for the win. Still, I give kudos to Oregon...they played Auburn like a NC contender should, and almost pulled it off despite their obvious disadvantages.

Last edited:
ESPN's Robert Smith: Top 5 for Next Season

1. Oklahoma
2. Florida State :confused:
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. Texas A&M :confused:

Must be a crack problem in the studios of ESPN. :D