2010 NCAA Football Season

Name them ....

Nebraska, Missouri, Okie and OkieSt. Also Texas A&M after the starting quarterback's shoulder injury slow recovery promoteded the second string QB. The Big ten has a lot to brag about this year 3 teams with only one loss each and a winning bowl season at the beginning of the year. They seem to get 7 teams every year. The conference hasn't had a winning bowl season since 2002 until this year. I know most bowls are played in the South and Southeast which is somewhat of a handicap, but 1 for 9 seems a little low,:D

The conference hasn't had a winning bowl season since 2002 until this year. I know most bowls are played in the South and Southeast which is somewhat of a handicap, but 1 for 9 seems a little low,:D
Well they dont play good in nice weather. :D

Michigan vs. Ohio State: the Wolverines win this one!!! No, not the game---they will most likely lose by 20-points---but rather a moral victory when we run Rich Rod out-of-town. :)

It has been a miserable 3-years...and it will take a few more to unscrew his mess. :(

Goosfraba...

Nope, he's in the same situation as John Cooper was in most years.....

They generally gave Cooper EXTENSIONS around this time of year.

I see Rich Rod getting a new 3 year contract. Win or lose.

Nebraska, Missouri, Okie and OkieSt. Also Texas A&M after the starting quarterback's shoulder injury slow recovery promoteded the second string QB. The Big ten has a lot to brag about this year 3 teams with only one loss each and a winning bowl season at the beginning of the year. They seem to get 7 teams every year. The conference hasn't had a winning bowl season since 2002 until this year. I know most bowls are played in the South and Southeast which is somewhat of a handicap, but 1 for 9 seems a little low,:D

Seriously ?
5 teams from that conference would go undefeated in the Big Ten ?

Get real ....

Nebraska 's the only one with BALLS enough to come join, so we'll see soon.
Missouri wanted in sooooo bad, but they don't play ball as well as the top half of the Big Ten so they figured they better stay where they are.

The difference is John Cooper was one of the winningest coaches at OSU whereas Rich Rod is the losingest coach in UM history. I see a tar & feathers in his future. ;)

Michigan vs. Ohio State: the Wolverines win this one!!! No, not the game---they will most likely lose by 20-points---but rather a moral victory when we run Rich Rod out-of-town. :)

It has been a miserable 3-years...and it will take a few more to unscrew his mess. :(

Goosfraba...

Looks to me like he's just now getting his recruits into the mix... a new coach needs at least 3 years to get going with their style and their recruits. I say he deserves one more year to see what's up and that's most likely the last in his contract anyway, I wouldn't imagin Michigan gave him any more than 4 years to get it going much like I don't think they gave Brian Kelly 4 years for ND.

Seriously ?
5 teams from that conference would go undefeated in the Big Ten ?

Get real ....

Nebraska 's the only one with BALLS enough to come join, so we'll see soon.
Missouri wanted in sooooo bad, but they don't play ball as well as the top half of the Big Ten so they figured they better stay where they are.

Nobody said anything about going undefeated in the Big 10. The original statement was they could beat any team in the Big 10.

Looks to me like he's just now getting his recruits into the mix... a new coach needs at least 3 years to get going with their style and their recruits. I say he deserves one more year to see what's up and that's most likely the last in his contract anyway, I wouldn't imagin Michigan gave him any more than 4 years to get it going much like I don't think they gave Brian Kelly 4 years for ND.

I agree, I think they will be very tough next year IF he stays .... then theres the issue of finding a Defense.

So Michigan, the #1 Football program in college football history, is striving to become West Virginia? :confused: All I can say is RR, along with his 15-21 record, is doing his best...

:D :D :D

Thats a good one !

Made me laugh too !!!!

RR was expecting instant success, but he found out quickly that the Big Ten is much better than the Big East (thats where WV is right ?)

Let's look at the 4 undefeated teams Out-Of-Conference Schedules.
Oregon: New Mexico, Tennessee & Portland State.
Auburn: Arkansas St, Clemson, La-Monroe, & Chattanooga
TCU: Oregon St, Tenn Tech, Baylor & SMU.
Boise: Virginia Tech, Wyoming, Oregon St & Toledo.

Looks like TCU & Boise have played the tougher OOC schedule.

I think OOC strength of Schedule should be a BCS factor.

This post gets my vote for misinformation post of the year. You conveniently leave out IN conference schedule, which of course is the majority of the teams' games. :rolleyes:

Oregon's and Auburn's conference schedules beat TCU and Boise's out of conference schedules by a mile...not to mention TCU and Boise's lame conference schedule.

Jeesh.

Sandra

Your joking right...While anything can happen in this game, I think if the game is not close, I really think he will not be back next year. He has a poor record against all "rival" games heck his record is bad against all big ten teams. Michigans AD has been pretty quiet about his future. I hope the Wolverines can pull of the upset in this game, but I dont see why he should be back. Its time to let him go and put a offer out to Jim Harbaugh!

:D :D :D

Thats a good one !

Made me laugh too !!!!

RR was expecting instant success, but he found out quickly that the Big Ten is much better than the Big East (thats where WV is right ?)
Well, my job is to entertain. ;) However, deep-down the RR fiasco is tearing at my guts...and I can taste the vile bile in the back of my throat as I speak - it tastes like bitter defeat. What speaks volumes is how RR took an offense staffed with smash-mouth/pocket-pass/play-action types..and immediately shoved a gimmicky run-and-gun offense down their throats...whether he had the required personnel or not. An experienced coach would have devised an offensive strategy around his personnel and slowly modify the strategy over a period of years...starting with recruitment. The same goes for the Defense which, I suspect, is not nearly as bad as they appear to be. Granted, they certainly don't have the talent to match the '97 team---and they do have a number of concerns at key positions---but the coaching staff is not making use of the talent they do have. Ugh! There is no reasons RR should be sucking this bad after 3-season. It's time to put him out of our misery. :)

'

Why only OOC strength of schedule? Auburn by far plays a tougher overall schedule than Boise or TCU, even with it being relativity easy by SEC standards (all hard games at home with the exception of Bama and Miss State, and state).

Boise and TCU play one, MAYBE two tough games all year, whereas the Barn, and Oregon play several.
For instance, Auburn has played:
Miss State (much improved, and a solid top 25 team)
South Carolina (SEC east champ, and one of two teams to beat the defending national champs)
Arkansas (they can play with anyone at this point)
LSU (more than likely a BCS at large team)
Georgia (a down year, but the talent is still there)
Alabama (defending national champs, two losses. One to the SEC East champ, and one to a probable BCS Bowl team)

If Boise or TCU had that schedule week in and week out, we wouldnt be having the conversation that they should play for the Nat Champ.

Well, my job is to entertain. ;) However, deep-down the RR fiasco is tearing at my guts...and I can taste the vile bile in the back of my throat as I speak - it tastes like bitter defeat. What speaks volumes is how RR took an offense staffed with smash-mouth/pocket-pass/play-action types..and immediately shoved a gimmicky run-and-gun offense down their throats...whether he had the required personnel or not. An experienced coach would have devised an offensive strategy around his personnel and slowly modify the strategy over a period of years...starting with recruitment. The same goes for the Defense which, I suspect, is not nearly as bad as they appear to be. Granted, they certainly don't have the talent to match the '97 team---and they do have a number of concerns at key positions---but the coaching staff is not making use of the talent they do have. Ugh! There is no reasons RR should be sucking this bad after 3-season. It's time to put him out of our misery. :)

It is that bad....Though hopefully this will happen :)

ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit said Wednesday on a Miami (Fla.) radio show that if Michigan has an opening for head football coach, he believes Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh is destined for the job.

Harbaugh is a former Michigan quarterback.

Advertisement
Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, in his third season with the Wolverines, is preparing his 7-4 team to play at Ohio State (10-1), which has won six straight in the rivalry game.

Herbstreit was asked Wednesday morning by WQAM-560AM show host Joe Rose about Harbaugh's future, considering he's one of the "hot" names in college coaching. Stanford is 10-1 and ranked seventh.

From The Detroit News: Kirk Herbstreit: If Michigan makes move, Jim Harbaugh is the guy | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)