2010 NCAA Football Season

Says a guy who's team is going to a NON BcS game ....

I believe there are 3 teams that have gone to the MOST BcS games, USC is one of them, but that will be lacking in the next few years,Ohio State I believe is the other one, can't remember the third team.... I'll have to look it up, it could be Bama, but I don't remember.

edit:
I found it, Ohio State has gone to the most (9) followed by Oklahoma (8), USC (7), Florida (6) FSU (6) ......
Bama has only gone to 3 BcS games .....

FWIW the Bucks are 5-3 in BcS games.

Objective here, if you can't play for the MNC , at least be good enough to get to a BcS game.

Look at who has gone the most.. Ohio St.. (The Big Ten is Ohio St, and Mich (not anymore) and the rest. its a wonder they go to the Rose bowl ALOT. They dominate that conference there is very few times someone else can handle them) The Same goes for USC a few years ago. Really the PAC 10 was USCs to win, unless they beat themselves. (thats changed now though) And of course we have Oklahoma. If Texas is not strong then its typically been an easy run for OK. Of course now NEbraska, Miss, and Ok State are all fighting strong this year.

Hey I got the same issue with FLA. They are in the SEC east. Which has been the weakest of the two the last ten years. If we get past GA we typically win the East and then only one game away from a BCS game (beating the west champ) So that can explain our high number as well.

Look at who has gone the most.. Ohio St.. (The Big Ten is Ohio St, and Mich (not anymore) and the rest. its a wonder they go to the Rose bowl ALOT. They dominate that conference there is very few times someone else can handle them) The Same goes for USC a few years ago. Really the PAC 10 was USCs to win, unless they beat themselves. (thats changed now though) And of course we have Oklahoma. If Texas is not strong then its typically been an easy run for OK. Of course now NEbraska, Miss, and Ok State are all fighting strong this year.

Hey I got the same issue with FLA. They are in the SEC east. Which has been the weakest of the two the last ten years. If we get past GA we typically win the East and then only one game away from a BCS game (beating the west champ) So that can explain our high number as well.

Good point.

And of course trips to BCS games are hard to really judge as well because of the AQ.. I mean look UCONN is in the BCS game... Conferences like the SEC, ACC, Big10, etc etc who have AQs of course are going to have a lot of BCS appearances. Specially when you have one or two teams who dominate the conference. This year has been different for almost all conferences (cept the SEC as the west was still dominate, but more so then usual)

To add to my FLA thing, even if we dont beat the west champ, our consultation prize has typically been a trip to the Sugar Bowl, as the SEC champ has gone to the title game.

Back to the Big 10/12 Division title issue, this from the AP:

CHICAGO (AP) Jim Delany has spent more than two decades as commissioner of the Big Ten, overseeing two conference expansions and the formation of the Big Ten Network.
None of it prepared him for the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the conference's new division names.
Delany said during an interview with WGN AM-720 in Chicago on Thursday that the names Legends and Leaders were picked to highlight the conference's rich history, and that "to a great extent it's fallen on deaf ears." Many fans have instead mocked the names and asked officials to reconsider, which Delany said could happen after the first of the year

Good luck trying to please everyone!!!...:rolleyes:

You sure you have yalls record right in the BCS? If you are 5-3, how have you gone to 9? :D

Hmmm, good point , let me check.
Everyone else is the ones that keep telling me that they are 0-9 ... maybe I'm getting the BCS mixed up with the SEC games.

edit: I see what the stat did, they counted this current season inn the appearances column for everyone, thats why the numbers were off.

Actually, last year was the FIRST time they have been to the Rose in the BcS era that I recall.

Actually, last year was the FIRST time they have been to the Rose in the BcS era that I recall.

In
2002- Fiesta W
2003- Fiesta W
2005- Fiesta W
2006- BCS title L (getting stomped by FLA fyi:) )
2007- BCS Title L
2008- Fiesta L
2009- Rose W
2010- Sugar L (just saying)

Its a very impressive list of BCS games since 2002.

True, putting both UK & Vandy in the same division did nothing for competitive balance between East & West.

True, putting both UK & Vandy in the same division did nothing for competitive balance between East & West.

And geographically, bama and auburn could be considered east or west considering kentucky, tenn, and vandy are in the east.
Still makes more sense to split them best you can and use a naming method that does what it does. If the Big Ten had done this they wouldnt have the backlash they have had.

And geographically, bama and auburn could be considered east or west considering kentucky, tenn, and vandy are in the east.
Still makes more sense to split them best you can and use a naming method that does what it does. If the Big Ten had done this they wouldnt have the backlash they have had.

What, called them East and West ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts