2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game came down to mistakes. Who capitalized and who got lucky. The Pats threw 1 interception and had 1 safety. The Giants had 0 turnovers although they came close. NY fumbled 3 times, but recovered all of them (1 by way of 12-men on the field penalty on the Pats which negated the turnover).

cybok0 said:
Where was that?

From a page or two back...

royrdsjr said:
So we have a halftime controversy. During the part of the halftime show where Nicki Manaj & some other singer who I had no clue who she was(turned out to be M.I.A.) appeared on the stage to sing with Madonna,well the singer who I had no idea who she was(M.I.A.),apparently gave the finger/shot a bird during her performance.M.I.A. flips middle finger during appearance in Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show - NFL - Sporting News

I can't believe no one is talking about that anti-climatic TD by Bradshaw at the end of the game.

Would you, if in that situation (down by 2 with 1 minute remaining), score the TD or take time off the clock and depend on a FG to win?

HD MM said:
I can't believe no one is talking about that anti-climatic TD by Bradshaw at the end of the game.

Would you, if in that situation (down by 2 with 1 minute remaining), score the TD or take time off the clock and depend on a FG to win?

He was on Mike and Mike and said he didn't know they didn't want him to score until he got the ball, then when he realized it it was too late and his momentum carried him in.

Score the TD. We've seen a few recent big FG attempts that were missed or blocked. No automatics there.

cosmo_kramer said:
Score the TD. We've seen a few recent big FG attempts that were missed or blocked. No automatics there.

I agree. Why take a chance at a blocked FG or muffled snap? Get ahead and let the D win it. If they can't, then they don't deserve to be NFL champions.

I agree. Why take a chance at a blocked FG or muffled snap? Get ahead and let the D win it. If they can't, then they don't deserve to be NFL champions.
agreed. i also thought maybe falling at the one yd line,force the pats to use their last time out and get it in on the next play. i believe it would've been third down also leaving less time on the clock. and at that point i'm sure the pats wouldn't have tried to stop the giants either from scoring the TD.

cybok0 said:
Oh i didn't notice that on stage, Madonna is still hot though.

rey_1178 said:
i didn't either. that was really lame.

It was censored with 5 sec delay wasn't it? I thought the satellite skipped when it happened and didn't really notice either.

And I agree, Madonna is holding up well for 53. ;)

Yeah, that must have been a trip for the legions of people who watch one football game per year!

Personally I was screaming for the Pats to do just what they did...get out of the way. If I'm the Giants I have Bradshaw stop at the one, bleed the clock down and kick the field goal.

Of course there is no guarantee, but it would basically be an extra point. You can look up how often those are successful indoors.

The Patriots did not come back in the last 57 seconds...but they could have. It was kinda funny how Bradshaw seemed suspended in time for a second or two when he got to the goal line....and finally fell into the end zone.

Sandra

wouldn't the pats have used their last time out if bradshaw stops at the one?

I think the fact that the end result of the Bradshaw TD was the Pats needed a TD themselves and not just a FG enters into the decision too...

It was censored with 5 sec delay wasn't it? I thought the satellite skipped when it happened and didn't really notice either.

And I agree, Madonna is holding up well for 53. ;)

not sure. the screen did go blurry for a sec after that which i did notice. didn't notice the middle finger until it was brought up today :eek:

rey_1178 said:

They would have had too.

IMO, if the game had been tied at the time, then I say take the chance and go for the FG after running down the clock as much as possible. But with the consequences being that you lose the game if something goes wrong, then you take the given TD, put yourself in a position to win, and ride with the D that got you there in the first place.

Yes...but New England only had one timeout, so the Giants would have used the full 40 seconds and bled the clock down below 20 seconds, and called a timeout themselves.

Sandra

Yes...but New England only had one timeout, so the Giants would have used the full 40 seconds and bled the clock down below 20 seconds, and called a timeout themselves.

Sandra
that's right. thank you.....

having a hard time reading and understanding the posts with this migraine.

I wonder how many men went out and bought a Fiat this morning, because 'something' told them they had to...:D

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally, the fight I WANTED: Cotto vs. Mayweather!

Namath

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts