2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim I wasn't jumping on you, just going off of past history of your dislike of penalties, etc.......didn't mean to offend...

Didn't need to drink anything today...the Broncos rocked. From the 2nd quarter on............

Lots of sad Steeler fans today, crying in their towels.

I noticed that. Lot's of bandwagon Steeler fans. They are everywhere. Another reason I can't stand them! Go Denver!!!!!!

Ike Taylor was BURNED all day long yesterday.

Give credit where credit was due though. The Steelers game plan was to play man coverage and risk Tebow beating them with his arm.... which he ended up doing. LOT'S of big plays for big gains yesterday! Tebow has silenced all the critics! wow!!!

For NOW... I think the critics are clamoring, 'where was THIS Tebow the previous 3 weeks?' The ONLY time he is brought up is when he wins and the 'I told you so' come out. The previous 3 weeks, he was looking like a running version of JaMarcus Russell.

What critics want is consistency.

For NOW... I think the critics are clamoring, 'where was THIS Tebow the previous 3 weeks?' The ONLY time he is brought up is when he wins and the 'I told you so' come out. The previous 3 weeks, he was looking like a running version of JaMarcus Russell.

What critics want is consistency.

Every player has it's ups and downs. Especially rookie players (I know Tebow is technically not a rookie, but this is basically his 1st year as a starter). Consistency comes with experience. What you can't deny though is Tebow's ability to play his best when the stakes are at it's highest.

Yep...that would be the ideal spot as far as I am concerned.
Yesterday you said special teams were an important part of the game, now you want to place the ball at the 50?? :confused:

Like I said yesterday, I don't understand why there's all this complaining about the new OT rules when yesterday's result would have been the same either way...

Personally, I like the new OT rules. A TD wins. I just hope it gets implemented for the regular season soon....

Every player has it's ups and downs. Especially rookie players (I know Tebow is technically not a rookie, but this is basically his 1st year as a starter). Consistency comes with experience. What you can't deny though is Tebow's ability to play his best when the stakes are at it's highest.

And the last 3 weeks when the AFC West was on the line, the stakes weren't high? LOL!

Let's face it... The Steelers defense took a gamble on what kind of defense they were gonna play...7-8 in the box and straight man with the safeties close to the line...and they got burnt. IF you ask most teams, they would have more or less done the same thing.

Giving credit where credit was due. Tim executed and the OC for Denver outcoached the DC for the Steelers.

Yesterday you said special teams were an important part of the game, now you want to place the ball at the 50?? :confused:

Like I said yesterday, I don't understand why there's all this complaining about the new OT rules when yesterday's result would have been the same either way...

Personally, I like the new OT rules. A TD wins. I just hope it gets implemented for the regular season soon....

Go back and do a little reading.... it would help.

YESTERDAY, I said I said IF they were gonna change it, I like the college rule where they BOTH get a crack at scoring. THIS MORNING, I agreed that the college version of starting at the 25 or where ever they start...is too close and that the 50 yard line was more to my liking. AGAIN, liking the college version of each team getting a chance, but with a slight change.

Go back and do a little reading.... it would help.

YESTERDAY, I said I said IF they were gonna change it, I like the college rule where they BOTH get a crack at scoring. THIS MORNING, I agreed that the college version of starting at the 25 or where ever they start...is too close and that the 50 yard line was more to my liking. AGAIN, liking the college version of each team getting a chance, but with a slight change.

I did read your posts, several times in fact. What had me confused was the importance of not taking special teams play out of the game that you state in a few posts, then flipping to say you would award teams the ball at a certain yard line instead in OT. No problem...

Tebow has all my New England friends and family talking a lot of trash, and immediately after last night's game. I think they are nervous. LOL

I don't think you will find any of the Steelers fans here crying.

There were several questionable calls (spots)

Did I say you were crying?? No, I didn't. I was at the game and the Steeler fans had towels....

And WHOOMP! There It Is....I knew it, I knew it ;)

How much impact do the Steeler fans think playing the game without Ryan Clark (their leading tackler) had in yesterday's game??

Congrats Yaz!

I think we are all believers now! That was an AMAZING game!!!!

PS. I think Cleveland is deserving of some thanks too for us "roughing up" some key Stool players. Lol. ;) (Ben, Mendenhall, Pouncey, etc). Anyways, with the Steeler loss, that now means Cleveland get's a higher draft pick! (#22nd acquired from ATL along with our #4 overall)

We also have to give some thanks to San Diego...and the Faiders, who couldn't get it done when THEY needed to, with the stakes the highest....;)

Last edited:
I want to say, it wasn't ALL Tebow yesterday. Yes, he played great, finally, especially after last weeks no-show. The O-line gave him time to throw today. Still didn't make the progressions like he needs to, but got the job done.

BUT, the defense was AWESOME! They held them to FG's, and got key stops when needed.

AND my oh my, the receivers and TE's. Thomas finally showed why he deserved to be a 1st round pick, with Decker being injured and all. Still had a couple of key drops, but he made up for it. Denver LOVES Eddie Royal! The catch by Fells was tremendous as well.

My biggest concern was not getting TD's when we got the 2 FG's on the turnovers(?). We could have put the game to bed right then. I knew the Steelers could come back easily only 14 down, and they did. ANd then we gave it to Ben with 1:45 left......lordy, I thought it was over. Ben has been doing the "Tebow Time" thing a lot longer than Tim.....and winning games.

Brady appears to be fine. Watching Tebow yesterday I concluded that he's terrific on long passes and he seems to change his throwing motion on short to medium passes. The refs did a terrible job! Finally, with all the injuries, I thought Denver beat the Steelers 'B' team. And yes, I'm a Pats fan. Paul

I did read your posts, several times in fact. What had me confused was the importance of not taking special teams play out of the game that you state in a few posts, then flipping to say you would award teams the ball at a certain yard line instead in OT. No problem...

..wow...:facepalm NOTHING has changed or "flipped" ...IF the rules were changed, I would favor something similar to college where BOTH teams get it once. And further added with details to MY CHOICE IF it were to happen, I would like it at or around the 50 for both teams.

We also have to give some thanks to San Diego...and the Faiders, who couldn't get it done when THEY needed to, with the stakes the highest....;)

...include the Bears. IF Barber goes out of bounds and the rest of the season plays out the same...the Chargers would have won the division at 8-8 and not the Donkeys.

With the way Simms was talking about the FG kickers hitting from incredible ranges in practice, I was surprised Pittsburgh didn't take a shot at the FG. I get why they didn't, but I would think the chances of it being blocked AND returned for a TD (the only possible negative result...there were only three seconds on the clock, right?) were low, and the FG was at least worth a shot.

But I always respect Mike Tomlin's decisions, he knows more than me and is one of the best coaches in the game.

Sandra

I forgot to add how ridiculous for a 12-4 Steelers team to play at an 8-8 team. The NFL needs to change that system! Paul

Their kicker can't kick that far in even Denver's light air. It would have been 68 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts