2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes AND no. I am looking forward to the REAL football starting but I HATE the game being at 10:00pm EST. I gotta get up early and I TRULY do not believe in recording the game because there is no way you can stay away from not getting the score. AND, the Raiders have a ton of injuries....

I was guessing on a 8-8 or 9-7 season if there were no major injuries. NOW....that does not look like it.

Damn, I didn't realize the game starts that late. Getting home late after the 7:00 Seattle game sucked. This one's gonna be REAL late. A win will help the long drive home, though!

If we have no more major injuries, I'm looking forward to maybe an 8-8 season, better than I thought!

Pre-season cannot end fast enough for me. NFL football that is not really NFL football.

It must be like thinking you're going out on a date with Salma Hayek, but when you go to pick her up it turns out you're only dating a mannequin that kinda looks like Salma Hayek. Nothing is real.

Don't worry guys...your REAL date with Salma is now less than two weeks away!

Sandra

Pre-season cannot end fast enough for me. NFL football that is not really NFL football.

It must be like thinking you're going out on a date with Salma Hayek, but when you go to pick her up it turns out you're only dating a mannequin that kinda looks like Salma Hayek. Nothing is real.

Sandra

Please give her my number!! ;)

Sandra

It goes to show how slow the whole 'before the season starts stuff' is.

Some reasons for it not being so 'doom and gloom'...an some pointing out reality..

...from PFT's Gregg Rosenthal recapping Sunday night's game.

3. The Raiders backfield could be scary. Rookie Taiwan Jones was absolutely electric in his first preseason game, gliding past defenders and then exploding with terrific burst. He finished with 13 carries for 81 yards and a score.

It’s hard to think of an NFL runner quite like Jones. If he can learn pass protection, the Raiders will be tough to stop on the ground. Big if. Oh, and Michael Bush also had a nice night.

4. Well-traveled veteran receiver Derek Hagan may have forced himself into a role in Oakland with 121 yards on six catches, mostly with the first team.

5. Oakland rookie cornerback Demarcus Van Dyke may need to be removed from the starting lineup. The entire cornerback group is thin, but Van Dyke sticks out. The Raiders defense has sprung a few leaks this preseason.

Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

LOL looks like Taiwan Jones gained his yardage in the second half. That means he was running past guys who will be going back to their UPS jobs soon. You're still dating Salma Hayek's mannequin.

Let's see Taiwan Jones do that in a regular season game...then I'll believe.

Sandra

He played WITH the 1st time the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter AND played exclusively in the 2nd half. Believe me when I say, he was making the Saints 1st team defense look bad because they played all the way up to the 3rd series in the 3rd quarter.

I will make sure I say hello to Selma for you...:rolleyes:;)

He played WITH the 1st time the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter AND played exclusively in the 2nd half. Believe me when I say, he was making the Saints 1st team defense look bad because they played all the way up to the 3rd series in the 3rd quarter.

I will make sure I say hello to Selma for you...:rolleyes:;)

Whatever. I gave my opinion. Let me know when Taiwan does this in a regular season game. As you said, the rest is smoke and mirrors. That is all.

Sandra

SandraC said:
Whatever. I gave my opinion. Let me know when Taiwan does this in a regular season game. As you said, the rest is smoke and mirrors. That is all.

Sandra

Simple case of talking before knowing. It now went from 'he did it against scrubs' to 'do it in the regular season'.... LMAO....

Simple case of talking before knowing. It now went from 'he did it against scrubs' to 'do it in the regular season'.... LMAO....

In deference to Ramy I am not going to bicker this a bunch of different ways. I gave my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. Neither of us will convince the other, so it's time to move on.

So...what does everyone think about the Jets and Giants playing twice in four days? Interesting...

Sandra

In deference to Ramy I am not going to bicker this a bunch of different ways. I gave my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. Neither of us will convince the other, so it's time to move on.

So...what does everyone think about the Jets and Giants playing twice in four days? Interesting...

Sandra

Probably first team today and the scrubs Thursday.

Sandra

Not much difference between them and the teams playing twice in 5 or 6 days. Most will play no starters and only 2nd, 3rd teamers and those fighting for a spot in the last game.

Not much difference between them and the teams playing twice in 5 or 6 days. Most will play no starters and only 2nd, 3rd teamers and those fighting for a spot in the last game.

The beauty of preseason LOL...still a very tight turnaround for guys who are fighting for the last spots on the team.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)