2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nantz/Simms is doing the Pack/Denver game as of right now
CBS LATE
DENVER @ GREEN BAY (Nantz/Simms)
NEW ENGLAND @ OAKLAND (Harlan/Wilcots)

Hey Philadelphia Eagles,if Michael Vick is out because of a broken non-throwing hand,Vince Young is unable to play because of a hamstring injury,& Mike Kafka just cannot carry the team,then why don't you go out & sign David Garrard? I'm frankly surprised that Garrard is still unsigned by any team(& please,leave Brett Favre on the farm & doing color commentary on college football games).

BillD1984 said:
Should be a good one next week!

I can see CBS making Pats-Raiders their main DH game next week (currently it's Broncos-Packers), considering they're both 2-1 and their history ('76, '85, '01, etc.)

No offense to the Broncos and their fans, but the only way they should be a featured is if they had a winning record and Tebow was the starter and he was playing well. That would be an interesting game.

Now as far as the Raiders/Pats game...whether they are the featured DH game or not... It's gonna be great, very high scoring game that may have a ton of lead changes...it's gonna be crazy in the Black Hole...!

royrdsjr said:
Hey Philadelphia Eagles,if Michael Vick is out because of a broken non-throwing hand,Vince Young is unable to play because of a hamstring injury,& Mike Kafka just cannot carry the team,then why don't you go out & sign David Garrard? I'm frankly surprised that Garrard is still unsigned by any team(& please,leave Brett Favre on the farm & doing color commentary on college football games).

The issue Garrard is his WANTING to play...and from what I have read, hey hasn't had the urge.

I'm having my doubts that Michael Vick will last the season,& I don't think Vince Young is mature enough to carry the team. David Garrard would give the Eagles both maturity & stability if they would try to sign him. he could be their "Jim Plunkett" & carry them to the Super Bowl,just like Plunkett did for the Raiders when he replaced an injured Dan Pastorini in 1980.

FEAR THE BUFFALO BILLS!

ok i have to eat my words. i didn't think the bills could pull it off. but fear them?? how long do you think they can keep up not playing in the first half??? people should fear the bills the day they can play like that all 4 qtrs. but great win for the bills. man what a day yesterday! the bills,raiders and lions win. bills and raiders were the most impressive wins.gotta love the nfl

So far it is almost a perfect week for me as a NFL Fan, Buffalo beats New England, Miami lose, NY Jets lose. The only game left to make it a perfect week would be for Dallas to lose as well.

NFL = No Fun League strikes again in the 'Phins/Browns game with that terrible flag on celebration.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started. Let's just say that the NFL is lucky the Browns still won that game. If that 15 yard penalty that almost put the 'Fins in game-winning field goal range cost them the game, you'd hear MUCH MORE about this TERRIBLE CALL!!!

NFL Week 3 Notes, Stats and Discussion Points:

1. Bills, Lions, Raiders and Browns are a combined 10-2. When was the last time all of those teams were this good?! Wow.

2. This Patriots team probably has the worst defense of any other Belichick coached Patriots team ever. And they certainly can't win with Brady throwing FOUR interceptions. Yikes!

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick was slinging the ball around in Boston (while in Harvard) when Tom Brady was winning all those Super Bowls. Yesterday, their paths crossed.

4. Where was THIS Darren McFadden the last 3 years?! Wow.

5. Where did Chris Johnson go? Good thing he got that huge contract extension. He looks content and completely un-motivated.

6. Michael Vick? Stay healthy for an entire season? Nah. Good thing the Dream Team signed him to that $100 contract. Terrible risk!

7. That game-winning drive by Colt McCoy was epic! The kind of drive that legacy's are made from. But where was that play the rest of the game? Was it the new West Coast System? Is it offensive playcalling? Is McCoy not as good as we originally thought? This was a terribly boring game until that last drive.

8. With that said, the Browns won. Without Peyton Hillis! I'll take a win on Sunday any time over a loss, no matter how ugly.

9. Like I said before. It's not the injuries that are making the Chiefs this bad. It's last year's terribly week schedule that inflated how good their record was. Welcome back to earth. Easily the worst team in the league.

10. What's with the Steelers? Talk about a jekyll and hyde team. Got blown out by the Ravens. Blow out the Seachickens. Then barely escape the Peyton Manningless Colts? My, how quickly the mighty have fallen.

So far it is almost a perfect week for me as a NFL Fan, Buffalo beats New England, Miami lose, NY Jets lose. The only game left to make it a perfect week would be for Dallas to lose as well.

Hey John....lived in Rochester for 9 years! I know how those Bills fans get! My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder and I was at the Bills-Raiders game last week!

1. Bills, Lions, Raiders and Browns are a combined 10-2. When was the last time all of those teams were this good?! Wow. GREAT stuff, isn't it!

4. Where was THIS Darren McFadden the last 3 years?! Wow. INJURED and a crappy OL developed by that fired head coach you guy were bitching that should not have gotten fired.;)

6. Michael Vick? Stay healthy for an entire season? Nah. Good thing the Dream Team signed him to that $100 contract. Terrible risk! And as much as I love Vick...then you wonder why I always side with the players. ANY other player would have signed that contract too! Another dumbass owner throwing ANOTHER crazy contract. ALSO, football wise, the Eagles did little to nothing to address the OL while they signed everywhere else.

7. That game-winning drive by Colt McCoy was epic! The kind of drive that legacy's are made from. But where was that play the rest of the game? Was it the new West Coast System? Is it offensive playcalling? Is McCoy not as good as we originally thought? This was a terribly boring game until that last drive. McCoy is a good young QB...I will leave it at that.

8. With that said, the Browns won. Without Peyton Hillis! I'll take a win on Sunday any time over a loss, no matter how ugly. REMEMBER that...style points don't get you to the playoffs..."just win baby!";)

9. Like I said before. It's not the injuries that are making the Chiefs this bad. It's last year's terribly week schedule that inflated how good their record was. Welcome back to earth. Easily the worst team in the league. You HAVE to include injuries. I am sure that if they had ALL their horses, they be in a better position than they are now. You can NEVER say injuries does not effect W/Ls because they do.

10. What's with the Steelers? Talk about a jekyll and hyde team. Got blown out by the Ravens. Blow out the Seachickens. Then barely escape the Peyton Manningless Colts? My, how quickly the mighty have fallen. There you go AGAIN, look for style points!!! Didn't you just say ....AND I QUOTE: I'll take a win on Sunday any time over a loss, no matter how ugly :rolleyes:

;)

ProFootballTalk is reporting that Vick will miss 3-4 weeks. Wouldn't it be ironic if Kafka or Vince Young play well & Vick loses job??!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts