2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically Moore has had a better half than any GAME of Heyward-Bey's 3 year career.

DHB set a career high with 115 yards in one game earlier this season... And has never caught 2 TDs in a game. That was his first 100 yard game, and Moore is 2 yards from matching it.

He's one TD this game from matching the number of TDs in Heyward-Bey's entire career (3).

How was that a TD, defender touched a ball not in possession of a player while out of bounds. Same thing that happens if you touch a fumble while out of bounds, play is dead. Similar to touching a ball to get it back into play while standing in the end zone, it's a touchback. It's a huge but correct call.

How was that a TD, defender touched a ball not in possession of a player while out of bounds. Same thing that happens if you touch a fumble while out of bounds, play is dead. Similar to touching a ball to get it back into play while standing in the end zone, it's a touchback. It's a huge but correct call.

Bad call.

In YOUR example, the guy that is out of bounds is NOT the offensive guy.
This should CLEARLY been a TD as the player in possession never was out of bounds.
The D guy never had possession of the ball.

IF thats the case, your gonna start seeing defenders trying to touch the ball coming down and purpopsely being out of bounds.

Bad call.

In YOUR example, the guy that is out of bounds is NOT the offensive guy.
This should CLEARLY been a TD as the player in possession never was out of bounds.
The D guy never had possession of the ball.

IF thats the case, your gonna start seeing defenders trying to touch the ball coming down and purpopsely being out of bounds.

It was touched by someone who was out of bounds prior to possession, which is why it was incomplete. The WR only achieved possession when he came to a stop, it was moving the rest of the time, all the way to the ground, and going to the ground possession isn't complete until the process of the catch is finished. Prior to that it was touched by a defender who was out of bounds.

1st complete game of the season since the victory over the JETS. Breshnahan out of the doghouse for now. Palmer played a near flawless game and if the Raiders can continue to concentrate on run 1st, pass 2nd...they can just about match with anyone.

1st complete game of the season since the victory over the JETS. Breshnahan out of the doghouse for now. Palmer played a near flawless game and if the Raiders can continue to concentrate on run 1st, pass 2nd...they can just about match with anyone.

When Mc Fadden gets back they will be REALLY tough to beat.
Hopefully that will be AFTER they play the Lions .... unfortunately for them, thats not till week 14 I think.

Good game by the Raiders, hopefully the Chiefs beat the Tebows this weekend and knock them from first one more time before the downward spiral starts. Not getting my hopes up though.

It was touched by someone who was out of bounds prior to possession, which is why it was incomplete. The WR only achieved possession when he came to a stop, it was moving the rest of the time, all the way to the ground, and going to the ground possession isn't complete until the process of the catch is finished. Prior to that it was touched by a defender who was out of bounds.

The CB/Safety touching the ball while out of bounds was unintentional it seems. Just kind of happen. I was thinking to myself if he did it on purpose, he is a genius. The play was called correctly according to the rule book. I can't help but think your right that more defenders will be going out of bounds prematurely going forward because of the call. Then it will be put in front of the rules committee at next off-season's owner's meeting is my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)