2011 AL Central Thread

HD MM said:
Indians win, Tigers, White Sox, Royals and Twins lose.

AL Central Lead back up to 3.5 games.

BTW Tiger fans, as it looks now, the first two games in the weekend series, you'll have it easy. You'll be facing two consecutive back-up starting pitchers. Two of our starters went on the DL recently, so you'll be facing some fill ins who didn't make the starting rotation at the beginning of the year. Advantage, Tigers. That's why I'm happy in building up a few wins now.

OK, I'm glad you're excited about the Indians... but can't you wait until May to catch pennant fever. :) :D

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Don't be too hard on HD, riffjim. I'm already feeling the pennant chase slipping away from the Twins. I won't give up hope yet, but they have been atrocius so far.

Don't be too hard on HD, riffjim. I'm already feeling the pennant chase slipping away from the Twins. I won't give up hope yet, but they have been atrocius so far.

What ????
It's not even May 1st yet.
Also the Twins typically are 5-6 games back come the last month of the season and pull it out.
They are ALWAYS strong finishers.

Tigers on the other hand, have NO track record like that .... :rolleyes:

Tribe wins. Rest of AL Central lose! I'll take it!

Up next? Detroit Rock City.

The pitching matches:

Fri: Gomez (0-1) vs. Scherzer (4-0)
Sat: White (MLB debut) vs. Porcello (1-2)
Sun: Masterson (5-0) vs. Coke (1-4)

Detroit has the advantage pitching wise by catching the end of our rotation (subs due to injury). The Tribe bats will have to pick them up...

What ????
It's not even May 1st yet.
Also the Twins typically are 5-6 games back come the last month of the season and pull it out.
They are ALWAYS strong finishers.

Tigers on the other hand, have NO track record like that .... :rolleyes:

Just seems something is missing. Maybe it's just the half of the lineup that's been on the DL or sick.

Tribe wins. Rest of AL Central lose! I'll take it!

Up next? Detroit Rock City.

The pitching matches:

Fri: Gomez (0-1) vs. Scherzer (4-0)
Sat: White (MLB debut) vs. Porcello (1-2)
Sun: Masterson (5-0) vs. Coke (1-4)

Detroit has the advantage pitching wise by catching the end of our rotation (subs due to injury). The Tribe bats will have to pick them up...

The way I see it, the Tribe win 2 out of 3 .... Scherzer is pitching well, very well .... they rest of the weekend pitchers are questionable at best.
Coke needs to go back to the pen.
Porcello is good one start and terrible the next.

Great tigers game tonight. I'll give them to 50 games, but this team isn't any better than last year. Front office cleaning is way overdue

Absolutely amazing ....

I fell asleep with the game tied at 5 in the 8th (I think it was), Perry was on the mound ...
Valverde was warming up .... I woke up in time to see the Wings last five minutes in OT.

Tigers lost , giving up a Grand Slam while Valverde still in the PEN.

WHAT was the point in NOT USING your STUD reliever, thats EXACTLY why they got him, to use him in the ninth. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yea, hats off to the tribe, I was at a bar last night and we were watching the game, it was one of those games that you could just see collapsing

I was at the Tribe game last night......best baseball game I've seen in person in quite some time! Too bad there were only 15k to see it. :(

Another walk-off in dramatic fashion. This time in extra innings! What a game! The Tribe's 18th win this month set a franchise record for most wins in the month of April. Wow. Somebody pinch me. Please tell me this isn't a dream!? Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this start.

The ghost of Bob Feller has to be living vicariously through these youngsters! That's the best I can explain it.

Another walk-off in dramatic fashion. This time in extra innings! What a game! The Tribe's 18th win this month set a franchise record for most wins in the month of April. Wow. Somebody pinch me. Please tell me this isn't a dream!? Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this start.

The ghost of Bob Feller has to be living vicariously through these youngsters! That's the best I can explain it.

Congrats on a fine month !!!!!

But, it's NOT 35-5 :D
Fwiw, the Tigers were 22-4 at the same point, so they are close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts