2011 AL Central Thread

Twins come from behind to take two in a row from the Indians. They are still three games under .500, but at least showing signs of life.

Another starting pitcher for the Tribe goes down. First Mitch Talbot, now Carlos Carrasco. Not good. Time to see how deep this staff really is....

If Carrasco has to miss extended time, I'd like to see Alex White get the call. I've seen enough of David Huff.

I have, and I'll tell you what, their pitching is VERY impressive!

Of late, it has been very good.

However, like I posted earlier .... is it REALLY that good or is it a case of playing teams while they are struggling ?

When they play the better teams and continue to pitch well, then I'll be convinced.

Fwiw, Justin Verlander has for the most part pitched MUCH better than his record would indicate.

He's 2-2 with a 3.50 era.

I was trying to see what the run support for him has been this year, but couldn't find it quickly.

3 of his starts the offense has scored 3 runs or less, twice they have scored over 5.

Max Scherzer has pitched very well as well, he has started out 4-0 out of the gate, the offense picked him up in his first win, but has pitched VERY well since then.

Tigers lose, Injuns win.

The lead in the AL Central between the Injuns and Tigers/Royals is now at 2.5 games. 2 more games against the Royals before the much anticipated Tiger series...

Tigers lose, Injuns win.

The lead in the AL Central between the Injuns and Tigers/Royals is now at 2.5 games. 2 more games against the Royals before the much anticipated Tiger series...

Tigers going in the wrong direction suddenly..... Seattle beating them probably 2 out of 3.

Indians win, Tigers, White Sox, Royals and Twins lose.

AL Central Lead back up to 3.5 games.

BTW Tiger fans, as it looks now, the first two games in the weekend series, you'll have it easy. You'll be facing two consecutive back-up starting pitchers. Two of our starters went on the DL recently, so you'll be facing some fill ins who didn't make the starting rotation at the beginning of the year. Advantage, Tigers. That's why I'm happy in building up a few wins now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)