2011 NCAA Hockey Tournament

UND will win over Michigan, UMD over Notre Dame setting up and all WCHA final. With UND winning the national championship

UND will win over Michigan, UMD over Notre Dame setting up and all WCHA final. With UND winning the national championship

close...but you must have mis-typed a letter ;)
The Bulldogs bring the championship to Duluth to go along side the D2 football Championship that we got this year :)

Yes, great game!! :up

This is what college hockey is all about!! :)
Great game and congrats to UMD for advancing to the finals. The Michigan-North Dakota game is brutal...barely any skating room out there tonight. Michigan is a speed and skate team, but they are having to play a very physical game...just need to stay out of the penalty box. I just hope the Red has a good strategy for the 3rd period because North Dakota has a huge team.

But ya gotta get through UMD :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Championship_Frozen_Four.jpg
    Championship_Frozen_Four.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Thought for the day

Michigan has had to go through 3 WCHA teams....and they are staring at a 4th
Omaha
CC
NoDak

and now
UMD

goddammit I wish I had some money to go. With NoDak out folks will be on the corner selling them cheap...

Thought for the day

Michigan has had to go through 3 WCHA teams....and they are staring at a 4th
Omaha
CC
NoDak

and now
UMD

goddammit I wish I had some money to go. With NoDak out folks will be on the corner selling them cheap...
Wow, I didn't even realize this factoid! One thing about Saturday's game that is for certain...it will be a home crowd for UMD.

Go Michigan!!!

Two thoughts, holy hell what a game Hunwick played for Michigan. Michigan really only had two players show up, Hunwick and Rust. Rust was the entire offense (Michigan really only had a couple decent scoring chances all night), and Hunwick was incredible.

The game was essentially a ND crowd, really only a couple sections of yellow shirts. I expect the same thing Saturday, obviously a UMD crowd. Saturday really depends simply on if Hunwick shows up like that. I would think Michigan can be better offensivly against UMD than ND, I wouldn't expect another 40 save night.

Either way, that was a fun night of hockey viewing. ESPN does a great job with their coverage, love seeing Clement and Melrose back together a couple times a year. Man I wish ESPN would get the NHL again, at least a game of the week or something.

For anyone away Saturday night, I confirmed that XM/Sirius will have the game on their primary College Sports channel (for XM 143). I will be driving Saturday night so I was thrilled to see that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)