2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

Never in my life have I heard of a "game of the century" that went into overtime and was decided by a field goal as overhyped. Unreal. I guess you out of conference fans are not used to defense. Oh well, thats what wins championships, and the SEC is loaded with it, and proves that as true year in and out.

LSU or Bama would destroy the cowboys or Stanford.

Never in my life have I heard of a "game of the century" that went into overtime and was decided by a field goal as overhyped. Unreal. I guess you out of conference fans are not used to defense. Oh well, thats what wins championships, and the SEC is loaded with it, and proves that as true year in and out.

C'mon man, there's defense, and then there is NO OFFENSE, which was the case tonight.

NO touchdowns?

And overtime is usually decided by field goal, is it not?

That I can understand. Overhyped? No way.

lol yeah way over hyped dude...this reminded me of a robot playing another robot in a tennis match with no way the ball would miss the rackets.

You can have two any teams with sucky Offensive sides and decent defenses and come out the same way. I didn't see anything special. I mean Richardson gets over hyped all the time and he didn't make it over his 100 yards this game when there are other backs that have gotten over 100 yards in more games so nothing exciting here... kicking game was just sad cept for LSU's punter, QB's on both sides were just boring to watch.... I had more fun getting up and taking a piss during this game.

I got home in time to watch the end of this one. Okay, I love good defense...but Holy Crap!!! You're got to score at least one touchdown in 4-quarters and an Overtime. Two things I took away from this "Shame of the Century":

1. Alabama should have won this game...if only they had a someone who could kick the ball.
2. Alabama deserved to lose this game (see #1).
3. The Tide's Kicking Coach must have studied under Penn State's Jerry Sandusky because his kickers performed with sphincters puckered tight.
4. If I were a pollster, LSU would drop to #3 tomorrow morning...right behind Stanford and Oklahoma St.
5. I like defense...but you gotta be able to score TDs. I did not see a #1 performance on the field nor a game anyone is going to fondly remember.

How can you look at the body of work for the year, and then say there is no offense for either team? These are the two best defenses in the country.

This was billed as a defensive slugfest, and lived up to that billing. IN every way shape and form.
It wasnt built up as offense versus offense. It was built up as who would stop who, and they both did.

I got home in time to watch the end of this one. Okay, I love good defense...but Holy Crap!!! You're got to score at least one touchdown in 4-quarters and an Overtime. Two things I took away from this "Shame of the Century":

1. Alabama should have won this game...if only they had a someone who could kick the ball.
2. Alabama deserved to lose this game (see #1).
3. The Tide's Kicking Coach must have studied under Penn State's Jerry Sandusky because his kickers performed with sphincters puckered tight.
4. If I were a pollster, LSU would drop to #3 tomorrow morning...right behind Stanford and Oklahoma St.
5. I like defense...but you gotta be able to score TDs. I did not see a #1 performance on the field nor a game anyone is going to fondly remember.

That was great to read.. you are spot on sir!

I guess when you are used to watching hit and giggle football each game, that a good smash mouth game leaves one cold. I understand. You are not used to seeing real football. So it is different and cant hold your attention. SEC! SEC! SEC!

dvrexpander said:
no I agree with yaz here... defense or not special teams on bama sucked so bad I got bored really quick... defense is one thing but there was nothing special on offense. If I had to pick a #1 right now out of the top 5 I'd go with Okl St after watching them play vs this game...then Stanford. LSU won but didn't impress me at all in this game, Bama just IMO sucked real bad in this game and it all started with a sad offense and a horrible special teams.

Slow down.....these are the probably the 2 best defenses in college football. Offensively, yeah, they lack...but to say that LSU didn't impress.... Now your are hating a bit. I assure you that those two defenses are better than anything in the ACC.

SEC does have some good defenses, but I don't think the defense had anything to do with 4 missed field goals.

I agree that our special teams sucked. We should have won based on that. Didnt. The game takes a whole effort to win. We didnt put one out.

In no way overhyped though. JMHO

Slow down.....these are the probably the 2 best defenses in college football. Offensively, yeah, they lack...but to that LSU didn't impress. Now your are hating a bit. I assure you that those two defenses are better than anything in the ACC.

I dont even think they lack on offense. Against each other yeah. Against typical defense though, lets not forget, Alabama had the top offense in the SEC.

Defense wins big games.

Slow down.....these are the probably the 2 best defenses in college football. Offensively, yeah, they lack...but to that LSU didn't impress. Now your are hating a bit. I assure you that those two defenses are better than anything in the ACC.

not hating at all.. I pulled for LSU the whole time and I've said nothing about the ACC so lets not throw that back in my face.

I guess when you are used to watching hit and giggle football each game, that a good smash mouth game leaves one cold. I understand. You are not used to seeing real football. So it is different and cant hold your attention. SEC! SEC! SEC!

Now THAT right there is some OVERHYPE!!! ;)

Last edited:
msmith198025 said:

Ok, now it's your turn to slow down...LOL! We do not know that they would "destroy" either one of those teams unless they play each other. Until they do, you are assuming and thinking upset after a loss.

Cant help if it is the truth. Most have to have 60+ points to make it a real game, and most arent used to real football. Usually works itself out in the BCS games.

dvrexpander said:
not hating at all.. I pulled for LSU the whole time and I've said nothing about the ACC so lets not throw that back in my face.

Dude....you stated they "didn't impress you"...you opened it up. If your gonna dish it...you gotta take it to.

Ok, now it's your turn to slow down...LOL! We do not know that they would "destroy" either one of those teams unless they play each other. Until they do, you are assuming and thinking upset after a loss.

Not at all. I honestly think either (and they are pretty even) would run over anyone else. I am not making that statement after a loss. Id have said it before. I honestly think at this point, if it were fair, that they should play each other again for the title. If each win out from here of course.

Getting around the NFL blackout

Wings blackout on CI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)