2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

so dumb question....since most of the games are also on a RSN are you blacked out on the "national" feed game?

ie: Could you watch the Pens and Flyers on NBC Sports Network AND (say) Root Sports?

Wings were blacked out on CNBC last night but on local RSN

so dumb question....since most of the games are also on a RSN are you blacked out on the "national" feed game?

ie: Could you watch the Pens and Flyers on NBC Sports Network AND (say) Root Sports?

No. I was watching the pregame on the Pens RSN ROOT and just as 4:30PDT rolled around I got blacked out and redirected to NBC Sports.

Thoughts on first games of the playoffs anyone?

Impressive win for Nashville.

At least the Kings won't get swept out in four games. Nice game for them last night. A goal from PENNER?????
:eek:
I just KNEW when the Pens were up 3-0 in the 1st period that it would not hold. The memories of last Sunday's game was too fresh in my mind. This will be a grinder through 7 games.

Pretty much what I expected for Nashville/Detroit, Detroit is in for a series an I think Nashville will win the series

No. I was watching the pregame on the Pens RSN ROOT and just as 4:30PDT rolled around I got blacked out and redirected to NBC Sports.

That I knew...I was more thinking the other way around which satjay confirmed. If its on the local RSN and you're in that market you are blacked out of the national broadcast

535639_10150653143892466_61652252465_9560918_538667547_n.jpg

Thursday's schedule......

Senators at Rangers- Game 1- 7:00pm ET (NHLN)
Sharks at Blues- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (CNBC)
Capitals at Bruins- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)
Blackhawks at Coyotes- Game 1- 10:00pm (NBCSN)

Thursday's schedule......

Senators at Rangers- Game 1- 7:00pm ET (NHLN)
Sharks at Blues- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (CNBC)
Capitals at Bruins- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)
Blackhawks at Coyotes- Game 1- 10:00pm (NBCSN)

I just put new batteries in both remotes. It's gonna be an "active" evening!:popcorn

Pretty much what I expected for Nashville/Detroit, Detroit is in for a series an I think Nashville will win the series

I don't expect the Wings to go any farther this year, too banged up going it.

They were on a nice roll then late in the season 1/2 the team got injured while many are back they are not jelled like they were earlier.

What was you guys thoughts on the Pred's Weber slamming the Wings Zetterberg 's head into the glass twice, intentionally ?

He was fines $ 2500 and told not to do it again ... thats it.

What was you guys thoughts on the Pred's Weber slamming the Wings Zetterberg 's head into the glass twice, intentionally ?

He was fines $ 2500 and told not to do it again ... thats it.

The NHL is so inconsistent, very disappointed In there ruling

The NHL is so inconsistent, very disappointed In there ruling

I agree.

However, had Shanahan came down and given him a suspension of say 1-2 games, the cry would have been that he was playing favorites helping his former Wings team.

Then again, what happens if something breaks out in the next game, do you siuspend the player for something that might not be as bad and let Webers play stand ?

I think the problem with this ruling was the fact that Shanahan talked with the Wings and found that Zetterberg would play in game 2 and decided to do NOTHING.

Even though the intent was CLEAR that he was trying to injure him.

I think the judgement should have came down without any bearing on what the status of Zetterberg is.
What, if he ended up with a concussion and was out for a week or longer, he would have suspended him ?

I agree.

However, had Shanahan came down and given him a suspension of say 1-2 games, the cry would have been that he was playing favorites helping his former Wings team.

This is why Shanahan should not be in the position that he is. They need to have somebody to enforce the rules that has not been associated with any team.

I personally think that he should have gotten 2 games for what was done.

This is why Shanahan should not be in the position that he is. They need to have somebody to enforce the rules that has not been associated with any team.

I personally think that he should have gotten 2 games for what was done.

Only problem with that is, you DO want someone that HAS played the game and been in those scrums, vs someone that has never played.

Maybe someone that has been out of the league 15 years or so, so he's not automatically attached to his former teams

The funnier thing is the 2500 dollar fine? Wow way to male a statement with no suspension. Let's see what the wings go in game 2. Though with no Helm, that makes things more difficult

The funnier thing is the 2500 dollar fine? Wow way to male a statement with no suspension. Let's see what the wings go in game 2. Though with no Helm, that makes things more difficult

I'd like to see Shanahan suit back up, the Wings really need a healthy body.

Watching bruins/Caps right now, 0-0 in the third. Remote getting a bit of a workout with hockey and some baseball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts