2013/14 NCAA Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the noles.
Looked like my Tigers had a chance even though a nole fan on here said "the barn has no chance" :)
Still great to be an Auburn Tiger!!

It had to be something. There was no way he was going to admit that an SEC team lost the BCS championship fair and square.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Playoff panel doesn't want rematches

Updated: January 6, 2014, 6:07 PM ET
Associated Press

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- BCS executive director Bill Hancock says the selection committee for the College Football Playoff will try to avoid rematches, but not at the expense of the integrity of the seedings.

Hancock spoke to the Football Writers Association of America on Monday. He says the top priority of the selection committee will be to make sure the No. 1 team plays close to home and the teams are properly seeded.

Using this season's final BCS standings, and next season's semifinal sites, the final four would have been No. 1 Florida State playing No. 4 Michigan State in the Sugar Bowl and No. 2 Auburn playing No. 3 Alabama in the Rose Bowl.

Hancock says seeding adjustments will only be made if teams are considered even.

It had to be something. There was no way he was going to admit that an SEC team lost the BCS championship fair and square.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Listen it's not the reason Auburn lost, they also missed a horse collar on Auburn on the last drive.

I just like to see players decide the game. I looked at it again it looked to me that their feet got tangled and the player sold the interference it didn't look like he tugged the waist.

Listen it's not the reason Auburn lost, they also missed a horse collar on Auburn on the last drive.

I just like to see players decide the game. I looked at it again it looked to me that their feet got tangled and the player sold the interference it didn't look like he tugged the waist.

Officials missed a too many guys in the backfield around the 5 yard line as well ... FSU after that got a 5 yard penalty for delay I think it was ... so it should have been from about the 18 yard line instead of the 13 ... but the PI negates that because it's a 1st down at the 2 regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)