2013/14 NCAA Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? How did a 2-loss (easily could have been 4) team, who lost their Rose Bowl game, finish ahead of Michigan State, a 1-loss team who actually WON their Rose Bowl game. Are these eFing pollsters brain dead? (rhetorical question)
Only one of them played in the Rose Bowl game. The other played in the BCS Championship game. By definition, the winner is #1, the loser is #2.

WTF? How did a 2-loss (easily could have been 4) team, who lost their Rose Bowl game, finish ahead of Michigan State, a 1-loss team who actually WON their Rose Bowl game. Are these eFing pollsters brain dead? (rhetorical question)
Because SEC schools are better than everyone else, except in the Sugar Bowl that is where they've lost 4 of the last 5 they were in. ;)

Auburn made the championship game. Whoever loses that game deserves to be #2 regardless of any other teams records.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

By my recollection it very rarely if ever happens that way though. This was an odd placement for the loser of the game IMO. While I could see the argument being that the game was so close, Mich State has a very strong argument to claim the #2 slot as well.

Only one of them played in the Rose Bowl game. The other played in the BCS Championship game. By definition, the winner is #1, the loser is #2.
Notre Dame wasn't
Oregon wasn't
Texas wasn't
Oklahoma wasn't

LSU is the only one I can think of that didn't drop below #2, and they were #1 going in. But that was probably because one had a better record.

In this case Michigan St. had a better record than Auburn. Even the resident SEC Bammer Jammer agreed earlier. Granted that could be Aubarn bias ;)

Only problem with conference (SEC SEC SEC), is that Louisville in a few years can say they own the SEC after playing Kentucky every year :p

Things like that tend to be tossed back into ones face. sorta like Michigan owning the SEC on the strength of them playing Vandy a dozen times in the past.

Seriously, did you just something about Michigan owning the SEC based on them playing Vandy? Perhaps you've complete forgotten how Michigan won 5-out-of-6 Bowl Games against the SEC back in the days when they still had a Head Coach, and not a Rich Rod or Brady Joke:

Jan. 1, 1999 Citrus Arkansas W 45-31
Jan. 1, 2000 Orange Alabama W 35-34
Jan. 1, 2001 Citrus Auburn W 31-28
Jan. 1, 2002 Citrus Tennessee L 17-45
Jan. 1, 2003 Outback Florida W 38-30
Jan. 1, 2008 Capital Florida W 41-35

Why Michigan ever went with Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke, when they should obtained the services of a Les Miles or Jim Harbaugh, is a complete mystery and the reason they're sucking a@@ these days.

Honestly who cares who is #2?

Do MSU fan want to buy "We're #2" T-Shirts?

Maybe UCF should be #2 they also had 1 loss and won a different meaningless BCS bowl game against a 1 loss conference champion.

Auburn made the championship game. Whoever loses that game deserves to be #2 regardless of any other teams records.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not really. Their rankings are based on this week, not last week. Mich St had one less loss and won their conf and bowl game.

I wish Miami would've been #2 :D . I'll take that in a second hehe.....

I recorded the one with the guys talking during the game, who's stupid idea was that, I turned the station to see the winner.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I don't think it was a bad idea. It was the biggest event on their airwaves last night and I think it's cool that they were trying to do something different with it. I could understand being mad about it if the regular broadcast on ESPN was gone but it was still there. I preferred the more traditional broadcast myself but I am glad to see them trying new things.

This is me after the kickoff return for TD
thepassion_medium_zpsb9e8a77d.gif

This is me after the TD with 13 seconds to go
SDpTT.gif

And today
dlzoZIt_zps13f1e560.gif

Man that was a fun game.

AJ McCarron's mother ignited a firestorm by tweeting "Am I listening to English?" During Winston's post-game interview.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/aj-mccarrons-mom-apologizes-for-tweet-deriding-jameis-winston/
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/tweet_from_aj_mccarrons_mom_ab.html

I didn't think he was bad at all, you could tell how excited and tired he was at the beginning. And as he caught his breath, his speaking got better.

What's ironic is that her "apology" uses really awful grammer/typing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not bad. Kid is just hyper, excited and understandably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts