2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good Sunday of football, the Bungles lost in the jungle and the overrated packers lost.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

At a bar watching the LA Charger fans cheering on the LA Chargers before the LA Niner fans arrive to cheer on the LA 49ers.

Go LA!!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Maybe if your city builds a Stadium you can have a team. Two teams left there for a reason.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Gumbel and Dierdorf will be doing the Pats game on Saturday night which is bittersweet. It's Dierdorf's last game but that means I have to listen to him one more time.

Since CBS took over the AFC package in 1998, the Patriots have played 20 postseason games televised by CBS (including SB 38 vs. Carolina) and Phil Simms has called ALL of them (with either Greg Gumbel or Jim Nantz). It will be strange to have someone else doing the color.

Bad loss for the pats with Brandon Spikes out. I think they'll still win this game.

Bad loss for the pats with Brandon Spikes out. I think they'll still win this game.

Spikes is great against the run, but is awful in coverage. He wasn't a good matchup against Luck and the Colts.

"Next man up" has been the Patriots' mantra during this injury riddled season.....Jamie Collins and Dane Fletcher, are you listening?

The NFC's least penalized team- 5-10-1 Minnesota.

Last year's SB champ Ravens 2nd most penalized while clown car Tebow Jets were 3rd least penalized.

Proving if you're good enough you can over come the penalties. If you're not then forget about it.

No surprises here....Fans comfortable at home must really enjoy watching cold weather games...

There appears to be no end in sight to the National Football League’s ratings dominance, as its opening round of the playoffs drew huge numbers across three networks over the weekend.
The four NFL Wild-Card games averaged about 34.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen, more than the combined 2013 averages for the NBA Finals (17.5 million) and World Series (14.9 million)
Fox’s coverage of Sunday’s NFC Wild-Card game between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers, decided on a field goal as time expired, averaged a whopping 47.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen — the largest audience for the first round of the postseason in at least 25 years. This was a 24% improvement over last year’s game on Fox (38.1 million for Seattle-Washington).

49ers-Packers Game Draws Whopping 47.1 Million for Fox

As seen on ESPN.com:

Six of the past eight Super Bowl winners did not have a bye week to start the postseason: a good omen for Indianapolis, New Orleans, San Diego and San Francisco.

Out of that list I'd put my money on San Francisco to have the best shot.

As seen on ESPN.com:

Six of the past eight Super Bowl winners did not have a bye week to start the postseason: a good omen for Indianapolis, New Orleans, San Diego and San Francisco.
The last 4 Superbowl winners were the Eagles opponent in the Eagles home opener. Go Bolts!

Out of that list I'd put my money on San Francisco to have the best shot.

I'll take that bet! With potentially 3 more games left, am sure teams will devise a plan to contain CK. Playoffs are a different beast..he's just going to get hit harder everytime he leaves the pocket.

I want to like the 49ers. But I work with about 3 49er fans and they have become SO obnoxious that it makes it difficult to root for them. I have found myself sort of rooting for the Doltz for some reason.

That's an amazing stat, which is why it can't happen again this year.
But if you look at what happened in the last three weeks, they were relying on 6 other teams to loose in the final two weeks and look where they are.... If they beat Denver again this week, then I am going to put my wager on the bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)