2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Tom beat him 10, 11 times out of the 15 times. Tom has 3 rings, and maybe even 4 if he beats him [Sunday], and [Manning] only has one,” said the NFL Network analyst. “How can we call him the greatest of all time if you’re not the greatest during your time?”
The 3-time Super Bowl champion says Manning knows he needs to win it all and others can’t rewrite history for him.
“He’s a historian of the game. He wore the Johnny U shoes. All of these things and he loves the game, so how this cannot affect Peyt?” said Irvin. “We’re expected to believe he left [the historian of the game] somewhere 5 years ago? No, he still is. That’s the part everybody runs from, we all love him, but the truth is the truth.”
Irvin said at this time he’s more impressed with Brady’s career than Manning’s.
“I always judge men on distance traveled,” said Irvin. “Certainly the journey that Peyton’s traveled is a great journey, but when you talk about where Tom started, where he is, and where even he can project and finish – you say “Wow” to that story. To me [what Brady has done], that distance traveled, is the greatest story in the National Football League period.”

I can't believe of all people, Michael Irvin expressed my feelings better than anyone to date. The part that I highlighted is the key, IMHO.

He must have truly put down the crack pipe.:eek: He does make a lot of sense with that comment.

NFL: 49ers Boldin, Gore fined $7,875
Anquan Boldin was fined for a head butt that did not draw a penalty flag. (USATSI)
Programming note: Watch Friday's 49ers press conferences with Jim Harbaugh, Colin Kaepernick and Justin Smith live on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area at 3:10 p.m. or streaming live right here
Running back Frank Gore and wide receiver Anquan Boldin were both fined $7,875 for separate incidents during the 49ers’ divisional round victory over the Carolina Panthers last week, an NFL spokesman confirmed.Boldin was fined for a head butt that did not draw a penalty flag. Gore was flagged for grabbing the facemask of blitzing Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis in the second quarter.Panthers defensive back Josh Thomas was fined $7,875 for attempting to punch 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton in the fourth quarter.Carolina’s defense was called for unsportsmanlike penalties on the first two 49ers drives of the game, but neither Mike Mitchell nor Captain Munnerlyn were fined. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/nfl-49ers-boldin-gore-fined-7875?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Hairbaugh is a douche bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Hairbaugh is a douche bag.

He really is. I like his brother, and was happy that he beat him in last year's Super Bowl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why all the hate for the Seahawks,and Carrol?Harbaugh is 3 times the jerk that Carol ever was.Then the fact that the Niners only have 5 SB trophies.Personally I can't stand em.2 teams I wanted out of the playoffs this year,SF and NE.If the SB comes down to those 2 will anyone even care?:p:D

So the Niners have only won 5 SBs? WTH is that supposed to mean? They're only behind the Steelers with 6 and tied with the Cowboys with 5. Confused!!!

So the Niners have only won 5 SBs? WTH is that supposed to mean? They're only behind the Steelers with 6 and tied with the Cowboys with 5. Confused!!!

Easy there big guy.I mean that sarcastically.Having already won 5,I sure don't want to see them get a 6th,get it?:D

If Denver wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If New England wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If San Francisco wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If Seattle wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

Sunday will be decided by who executes more and who makes less mistakes.

If Denver wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If New England wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If San Francisco wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

If Seattle wins, it's because they played better Sunday.

Sunday will be decided by who executes more and who makes less mistakes.
Then again, the team that plays better doesn't necessarily win ...

I think it will come down to turn overs ...

Btw, is a T.O. a team making a mistake on Offense, or a team making a play on Defense ?

Really all we can hope for,is that the refs don't help to determine the outcome of either game.

Just a thought: they recently legalized marijuana use in Colorado and Washington state. If the Broncos and Seahawks win today, will they change the name of The Big Game from the Super Bowl to the Smoke-A-Bowl?? :eek: :popcorn :D

Apropos of nothing, but I found this interesting anyway: In the Belichick/Brady era, the Patriots have played in the early game of Championship Sunday four times and are 4-0. OTOH, they are only 1-2 when they play in the late game.

Just a thought: they recently legalized marijuana use in Colorado and Washington state. If the Broncos and Seahawks win today, will they change the name of The Big Game from the Super Bowl to the Smoke-A-Bowl?? :eek: :popcorn :D

I too enjoyed doing power-hits on the bong and rolling cigar-sized joint....but then I turned 18 and grew-up. Stupid potheads! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts