2013 NHL offseason discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Columbus Blue Jackets sign Nathan Horton to a 7 year contract per the CBJ twitter feed.

I remember a time when free agents would stand in line to play for the wings, now there just one of the teams. It's been a while since they signed a free agent who can make an impact

Columbus Blue Jackets sign Nathan Horton to a 7 year contract per the CBJ twitter feed.

Well he said he wanted to go to a nontraditional hockey market with less pressure. I guess he did just that.

I appreciated what he did for the Bruin in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons. But, for that kind of money he better show up in the regular season, which he never really did in Boston.

Well he said he wanted to go to a nontraditional hockey market with less pressure. I guess he did just that.

I appreciated what he did for the Bruin in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons. But, for that kind of money he better show up in the regular season, which he never really did in Boston.

The one piece that I really like about this signing is that it seems to be the CBJ turning the corner finally. Last year it was Gaborik waiving his NTC with the Rangers to head to Columbus and now Horton picks the CBJ in free agency. Players are now seeing the CBJ as a potential destination and it feels good as a fan. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum over the last 1/2 of the season.

The one piece that I really like about this signing is that it seems to be the CBJ turning the corner finally. Last year it was Gaborik waiving his NTC with the Rangers to head to Columbus and now Horton picks the CBJ in free agency. Players are now seeing the CBJ as a potential destination and it feels good as a fan. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum over the last 1/2 of the season.

GM John Davidson will do wonders for Columbus. He's done a great job wherever he's gone, including St-Louis

RW Ryder deciding between Bruins and Devils (Devils offering more $$$ and years).

C Derek Roy talking w/ Ducks.

Well you got another OLD player. Not sure I really like the signing for the Wings but what do I know. I would much rather go for a longer term player than a 1 year agreement with a 40 year old at the end of his career.

After not getting the ones they wanted LAST year, they probably figured they better get this one....

The more I think about it, I'm ok with it, your gonna be getting rid of some of the old when Samulson and Burtuzzi leave and Colco is leaving and I think Ian White is gonna as well.

Gonna need a scorecard come next season.

Late Pat Burns gets robbed again. Whoever the hell votes in HoFamers should be ashamed of themselves.

Stanley Cup winner, record 3 times Jack Adams winner (on 3 different teams).

Cheers, K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts