2013 NHL offseason discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Jersey Devils’ Ilya Kovalchuk stuns NHL with retirement announcement http://nhl.si.com/2013/07/11/devils-ilya-kovalchuk-retires/

Kovalchuk never really wanted to play in North America. Its fair to say he just came over for the $$$. Now that the KHL plays its superstars on-par w/ the NHL (plus tax free), its was just a matter of time before he'd bolt for the mother land. Besides, its been reported he didnt want to come back after the work stoppage so its no surprise.

If something happens to his cash flow in the K, he'll be back..

Cheers, K

the NHL is over doing it with outdoor games! they had something special with The New Year Day Game now they are going to ruin that

The NHL announced their schedule on Friday and also announced the names of the new divisions. Here it is.........

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
Boston
Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa
Florida
Tampa Bay

Metropolitan Division
NY Rangers
NY Islanders
New Jersey
Columbus
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Carolina
Washington

Western Conference

Central Division

Chicago
Minnesota
Nashville
Dallas
Winnipeg
Colorado
St. Louis

Pacific Division
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Edmonton
Vancouver
Calgary
Phoenix

Jarg agrees w/ Devils.

Babcock named Olympic Team Canada head coach.

Team US and Canada anounce 45 player invitees to camp

Anze Kopitar just tweeted the following:

The Lokomativ Yaroslavl plane crash was 2 years ago today. Please share as a sign of respect.

BTiQAsfIQAAa0sn.jpg:large

Training Camp starts today....
One month left before the start of the season. Seems like it was yesterday when we saw the Bruins choke in game 6

OK...I'm ready. It was a long road back for me. To see the Kings have to give up the Cup was more painful for me than I expected it to be. So the wounds are healed. Ready to rumble again!

Status
Not open for further replies.