2013 Ram 1500 cannot refresh Sirius channels.

nogeek43

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
Covington, LA
I lost all channels except 0 and 1 on my XM truck radio. SiriusXM cannot refresh after many many attempts.
Sirius tech says to bring to my dealer to check the receiver. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did the
dealer do and how much did it cost?

If you're getting channels at all, it almost certainly isn't the antenna. I'm guessing it is going to be something with the radio not being able to store the authorization data.

Reactions: Jimbo
Typically you'll get 0 and 1 when the unit has not been authorized yet.

I think its a programming issue on SXMs side or things.

Call back, you'll talk to someone different, maybe they can get you going ..

Not sure but I was experiencing the same issues. Each tv I got in my car a update was in process, then finally would not work. Car battery was going, after replacement Sirius radio in my Lincoln worked fine again. May want to check this out. Hope this helps you.

I had a 2015 ecodiesel that had a recall where someone could hack into the truck and take control . The radio seemed to be working ok when I took it in for the recall but they replaced the radio. I do not recommend anyone to buy an ecodiesel. I traded it with 19.000 miles and the engine was ready to blow up. Mains ticked when first started. I put a claim in the class action law suit in may 2019 and didn,t receive my payment till January this year.

Not sure but I was experiencing the same issues. Each tv I got in my car a update was in process, then finally would not work. Car battery was going, after replacement Sirius radio in my Lincoln worked fine again. May want to check this out. Hope this helps you.

This has been going on for 2-3 months. I have been talking to tech support many times with no success. My contract expired in February so I called to cancel. They offered me another free Sirius radio (not a car radio). I guess they expect me to activate that radio. I'll see what I get and decide then whether to activate that radio.
I may be trading in the 2013 Ram so don't want to pay the dealer for a new SiriusXM radio.

This has been going on for 2-3 months. I have been talking to tech support many times with no success. My contract expired in February so I called to cancel. They offered me another free Sirius radio (not a car radio). I guess they expect me to activate that radio. I'll see what I get and decide then whether to activate that radio.
I may be trading in the 2013 Ram so don't want to pay the dealer for a new SiriusXM radio.
Let me see if I got this right ....
Your Car Radio doesn't work, SXM can't fix it and want to offer you a portable radio and expect you to use that in the car ....

Ya, thats gonna work ...

Tell them again, that its a CAR radio and if they want your service, to replace it with a CAR radio ...

If your going to get rid of the car, its a non issue though.

Let me see if I got this right ....
Your Car Radio doesn't work, SXM can't fix it and want to offer you a portable radio and expect you to use that in the car ....

Ya, thats gonna work ...

Tell them again, that its a CAR radio and if they want your service, to replace it with a CAR radio ...

If your going to get rid of the car, its a non issue though.
I am thinking that the radio itself doesn't have the Sirius XM built in, there is a secondary device, probably in the trunk, that livens the satellite radio. My 2010 Elantra is set up that way.

My two cents. Sirius locks you into 1 subscription, 1 radio. That sucks. One of their external radios that plugs into a aux in connector on anything that has one and lets you take the radio with you.
I haven't dived in deep but I suspect that the data connector on Sirius radios would have the same protocol.
Meaning a little geekery should let you interface a dock to your OEM radio. I dunno...
Also Sirius receivers "should" be an external radio. Although I'm not sure if there are integrated radio's in OEM head units.
Salvage yards are full of them.
I haven't subscribed to Sirius for a few years now since they slammed me with an unauthorized $214 auto draft renewal.
It was like pulling teeth to get the funds returned and then they started flooding me with 5 buck a month deals.
But I do know that they almost monthly turn mine on for free for a few weeks.
And the disconnect the antenna for a month or two (my car it's in is stored for the winter) thing really does work. Enough of that.

I don't have the radio yet, but the picture they sent shows a radio with touch screen which mounts on the dash with velcro or ???. A wire goes to the cig lighter and another wire goes to an external antenna which you throw on the dash I guess. Looks like a rats nest of wires on the dash board and a flying missal if you have to stop short or get rear ended. Not a good solution!!! Kind of looks like my old Garmin GPS dash mount unit.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
You have a cig lighter?
I don't have the radio yet, but the picture they sent shows a radio with touch screen which mounts on the dash with velcro or ???. A wire goes to the cig lighter and another wire goes to an external antenna which you throw on the dash I guess. Looks like a rats nest of wires on the dash board and a flying missal if you have to stop short or get rear ended. Not a good solution!!! Kind of looks like my old Garmin GPS dash mount unit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts