2014 AL Central

As far as I know Verlander is still going tomorrow. Price is a great pitcher but he is known to give up a lot of homers. I think the plan was to have him pitch in spacious Comerica park instead of Baltimore's home run friendly park.
You make a very good point ...

Tigers on the brink of elimination, thanks again to the Explosive Bullpen they have, the same situation they have had since 2006, a bullpen that lights fires ...
Sad as this team is very good outside of the pen.

The Tigers have a curse appearantly, as they can bring in very good pen guys from other teams and they blow up when they get to Detroit ... Nathan, Soria to name a few ... Johnson hasn't been as bad, but also hasn't had enough time to get acclimated.

Thier best pen guy right now is a Starter Sanchez looked great, but has been injured and can't pitch too much due to just coming back from the injury.

Explain, if you can, how Chamberlain gets run out there on consecutive days. I know the stat is a fluke, but an ERA of 108.00?!?!?

Unfortunately it feels like the season is over. I'm fully expecting to win with Price on the mound tomorrow and the team has definitely won 3 straight this year. It's possible to come back and win this but in the first two games the offense and starting pitching was pretty good and we still found a way to lose. eventually a starter is going to have a bad game or the offense is going to fall asleep. Even if they don't we have learned that no lead is safe with our bullpen.

Explain, if you can, how Chamberlain gets run out there on consecutive days. I know the stat is a fluke, but an ERA of 108.00?!?!?

The problem is that everyone they have thrown out of the bullpen has been almost equally terrible. Sanchez has been the only real exception and he's actually a starting pitcher. I'd love to bash Asmus for using him again but I can't say that I would feel any better with Nathan, Soria, or Coke out there either.

At this point we kind of need the starter to go 7 or 8 innings and let Sanchez finish the game.

Tigers & Fans get NO Respect AGAIN ...

Open game 1 at a semi reasonable time, 5:30, at least most are able to get home from work to see at least a portion of it.
Then, the next day, Friday they get stuck with a NOON game time, NO Fans can see it if they have jobs.
Sunday is a 12:30 game on a weekend, which is fine I guess.
Game 4 IN Detroit is another DAY time game at NOON.

So in all, 4 game scheduled and the avg fan can see 1 in it's entirety and 1 on a weekend, the rest are No Go's for fans ...

This is UNACCEPTABLE ....

Tigers & Fans get NO Respect AGAIN ...

Open game 1 at a semi reasonable time, 5:30, at least most are able to get home from work to see at least a portion of it.
Then, the next day, Friday they get stuck with a NOON game time, NO Fans can see it if they have jobs.
Sunday is a 12:30 game on a weekend, which is fine I guess.
Game 4 IN Detroit is another DAY time game at NOON.

So in all, 4 game scheduled and the avg fan can see 1 in it's entirety and 1 on a weekend, the rest are No Go's for fans ...

This is UNACCEPTABLE ....

Agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)