2015 AL Central

Should Tigers Throw in Towel?
Tuesdays with Brownie: From recent success to possible seller
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tuesda...ent-success-to-possible-seller-142827511.html
Theres all kind of speculation about the Tigers at the moment .

Should they sell off thier major assets .. MY opinion, NO.
IF, they can resign Price, they need too.
Theres talk about trading Price and Cespedes ... you NEVER get back anywheres near what you gave up.

Tigers don't have much of a Rotation at the moment, Price and Sanchez, JV is mainly a 3 or some nights a 4 currently (still hoping he comes around)

The Tigers have been maddening this year, when they pitch, they can't hit, when they hit they can't pitch.

Price has lost 2-3 while giving up 2 or less.

Can they turn it around ?
Sure, when they get Cabrera back in game shape and the way V. Martinez has played since he's been back.

They are only 4 back in the WC ... I hate the 2nd WC, but this year it may help.

KC is showing that last year was No Fluke, thats good for them ...

Minnesota is still hanging in there as well.

Tigers Can turn it around, will they, I don't know but my gut says No.

Then again, lets see what they do at the trade deadline.
Buy or Sell.

Theres all kind of speculation about the Tigers at the moment .

Should they sell off thier major assets .. MY opinion, NO.
IF, they can resign Price, they need too.
Theres talk about trading Price and Cespedes ... you NEVER get back anywheres near what you gave up.

Tigers don't have much of a Rotation at the moment, Price and Sanchez, JV is mainly a 3 or some nights a 4 currently (still hoping he comes around)

The Tigers have been maddening this year, when they pitch, they can't hit, when they hit they can't pitch.

Price has lost 2-3 while giving up 2 or less.

Can they turn it around ?
Sure, when they get Cabrera back in game shape and the way V. Martinez has played since he's been back.

They are only 4 back in the WC ... I hate the 2nd WC, but this year it may help.

KC is showing that last year was No Fluke, thats good for them ...

Minnesota is still hanging in there as well.

Tigers Can turn it around, will they, I don't know but my gut says No.

Then again, lets see what they do at the trade deadline.
Buy or Sell.
When do Cespedes & Price become unrestricted free agents? That will factor in if the Tigers trade them away or not.

Verlander and Price both were excellent this last time around ... Price has been very consistent and good, Verlander is doing much better, both should have won thier last 2 outings, both lost .... No offense. both gave up 2 or less runs and loss ...

Got a feeling Price may move on just to get some offensive support.

I get the feeling that the Tigers have NO Idea whats gonna happen at the trade deadline...
One minute they are buying to make a run, the next they are selling off thier BEST player, then the next they may be buying again.

I have never seen the Tigers and Dombrowski is such a situation ...

Typically, when Dombrowski is making a big trade, No one knows about it ahead of time ... currently theres plenty of talk about Price .. because of this, I would not be surprised if he stays ... and hopefully signs.

If they trade Price, they will get Nothing close to him to fill his spot in the rotation, theres only so many Price, Kershaw types out there.

I really would hate going into next year with No #1 pitcher ... JV is gonna end up being a 2-3 as is Sanchez.

The Tigers/Dombrowski blew it when they blew up the great rotation they had.

Price is officially gone. We got 3 pitching prospects from Toronto for him. Daniel Norris is the #3 left handed pitching prospect in all of baseball according to what I read.

It sucks to be in sell mode but I think it's the right move. The Tigers aren't playing well enough to make the playoffs right now and in exchange for 2 months of Price we got a lefty who will probably be part of our starting rotation for the next several years. If either of the other 2 prospects pan out this will be a pretty good deal.

I expect Cespedes, Simon, and Soria to be gone by tomorrow afternoon too. Rajai Davis and Avila are both free agents that could be traded as well if they don't want to resign them. I'm ready to move on to McCann as our every day catcher.

If they are going to start selling they may as well go all the way and trade all the guys who will be free agents next year unless they are sure they can resign them. No point in letting them go 2 month from now when they will get nothing back from them.

Price is officially gone. We got 3 pitching prospects from Toronto for him. Daniel Norris is the #3 left handed pitching prospect in all of baseball according to what I read.

It sucks to be in sell mode but I think it's the right move. The Tigers aren't playing well enough to make the playoffs right now and in exchange for 2 months of Price we got a lefty who will probably be part of our starting rotation for the next several years. If either of the other 2 prospects pan out this will be a pretty good deal.

I expect Cespedes, Simon, and Soria to be gone by tomorrow afternoon too. Rajai Davis and Avila are both free agents that could be traded as well if they don't want to resign them. I'm ready to move on to McCann as our every day catcher.

If they are going to start selling they may as well go all the way and trade all the guys who will be free agents next year unless they are sure they can resign them. No point in letting them go 2 month from now when they will get nothing back from them.
While I agree on the McCann instead of Avila, however theres also thoughts that they may be looking at Avilla Sr as being the GM if /when Dombrowski leaves, his contract is up shortly as well.

Do we have enough players to fill the 9 man requirement if we trade all those guys, major league ready I'm talking about.

I would really hate to see the Detroit Mud Hens the rest of the way.

Norris will make his first start for the Tigers this Saturday.
I think I heard Sunday, but anyways .... they make him out to be this superstar ....
I hate moving STARS for HIGHLY UNKNOWNS when people make the new guys coming in to be GREAT now.
You NEVER get as much quality or any where near when you trade a star.

Norris is looking good in his debut with the Tigers. He's pitched a solid game and made a great diving catch.

Tigers and Royals open a 3 game set tonight ...
Now that the Tigers traded their season away, it would be interesting to see if they can play well and climb back into contention.

Well, I don't expect Alex Avila to go anywhere in the off season now .... there was talk of Seattle.

His Father has been names teams GM , as Dave Dombrowski has been released to pursue other opportunities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts