2015 AL Central

Well, I don't expect Alex Avila to go anywhere in the off season now .... there was talk of Seattle.

His Father has been names teams GM , as Dave Dombrowski has been released to pursue other opportunities.

Ridiculous. Dombrowski is one of the of the best GMs in baseball.

Also, they are asking Al Avilia to negotiate against his son since he becomes a free agent at the end of the season. That's not fair to either of them. I hope they just tell him to go sign somewhere else because it's impossible to be objective in that situation.

Ridiculous. Dombrowski is one of the of the best GMs in baseball.

Also, they are asking Al Avilia to negotiate against his son since he becomes a free agent at the end of the season. That's not fair to either of them. I hope they just tell him to go sign somewhere else because it's impossible to be objective in that situation.
Thats why I was hoping that Alex would have been moved before the deadline.

Personally, I liked Dombrowski, he has a pretty good track record ... I'm thinking he wanted to move on .... hopefully not to another team, however, Toronto has been rumored .... it's no wonder Price and the young 2B they have now got sent that way.

I'm sorry, but Dombrowski is a Dumb Polack who FUBAR'd the Tigers. He gave up on this season (BTW, I noticed Price won yet another game for another team) and made the most boneheaded maneuvers of any GM I've seen in quite awhile. And this blunder was merely the latest of a series of boneheaded acts from a GM who has amassed a less-than-stellar, less-than-average, sub .500 Win-Loss record in his nearly 14 seasons with the Tigers. Yep, a sub .500 means he has a losing record while heading this organization for more than a decade so, be definition, he's a loser. You cannot argue against this fact.

So why the praise for a loser whose only claim to fame was a fluke 1997 World Series title while in Florida, from a team that barely early the Wild Card spot? Oh, and let's not forget his World Series fluke team was soon in the cellar. Also, his 2003 claim to shame is when the Tigers amassed one of the worst records in baseball history. Over the past few years he finally arguably assembled the best pitching rotation, the best team with two MVPs and two Cy Young winners...yet, he produced exactly zero (0) Championships; zilch, zip, nodda, nil, none! Sure, he could swing a deal and get some good players...but he couldn't hold onto them. Where's Scherzer? Where's Fister? Where's Price?

Moreover, we're still paying for that Prince Fielder contract. And why do we forget all the money he blew on Todd Jones, Valverde, Joe Nathan and others? Moreover, let's not forget that he traded-away one of the best pitching prospects to get Soria....and then released Soria last month for a pair of double A prospects. WTF? The net return on our investment is similar to feeding gold coins into a slot machine and having it payoff in turds.

These were some very dom moves Dombrowski. There is no wondering why Ilitch was pissed and fired dumb Dumbroski...he sh*t-canned this season for a handful of prospects. Prospects? A half-dozen prospects and $5 will getcha a latte at the local Starbucks. Prospects, Schmospects! The Tigers are now the laughing stocks of the Central Division. Thanks, Dave...you Dick! And thank-you Mr. Ilitch for disposing of his sorry ass...you really screwed us over good, and left us none the richer - certainly not in Championships.

Oh, and before anyone gets their panties in an uproar about my use of the term Dumb Polack...although I'm three-quarters German, my grandmother was a Golembiewski and she ran the family as though we were in Little Warsaw. I ate more pierogies, galumpkis, kielbasa, kishka and kapusta than anyone here so I am entitled to call Dumbroski a Dumb Polack. (lol) Just last week I had a discussion with a gentleman in Livonia MI who was upset with Ilitch firing bonehead Dave...solely because he is also Polish. I asked him to explain why Ilitch shouldn't fire a sub .500 GM, who can't hold onto his players, signs bad deals, and then gives away the season in order to start to a rebuilding phase? He didn't know what the hell I was talking about since I was spoke to him in Polish. So I told him if he's going to make such as lame defense of a Dumb Polack, he should at least learn how to speak a little bit of the Polish language. Ugh! And they ask me why I drink.

Farewell Dombrowski...he accomplished nothing meaningful while in Detroit and he is a turd of epic proportions for bastardizing the Tigers here in 2015. I predict his horribly inexperienced and under-qualified Manager, Brad Ausmus, will be released after this season. But don't worry Tiger fans...we have prospects.:( Thirty-one years and counting...

I'm sorry, but Dombrowski is a Dumb Polack who FUBAR'd the Tigers. He gave up on this season (BTW, I noticed Price won yet another game for another team) and made the most boneheaded maneuvers of any GM I've seen in quite awhile. And this blunder was merely the latest of a series of boneheaded acts from a GM who has amassed a less-than-stellar, less-than-average, sub .500 Win-Loss record in his nearly 14 seasons with the Tigers. Yep, a sub .500 means he has a losing record while heading this organization for more than a decade so, be definition, he's a loser. You cannot argue against this fact.

So why the praise for a loser whose only claim to fame was a fluke 1997 World Series title while in Florida, from a team that barely early the Wild Card spot? Oh, and let's not forget his World Series fluke team was soon in the cellar. Also, his 2003 claim to shame is when the Tigers amassed one of the worst records in baseball history. Over the past few years he finally arguably assembled the best pitching rotation, the best team with two MVPs and two Cy Young winners...yet, he produced exactly zero (0) Championships; zilch, zip, nodda, nil, none! Sure, he could swing a deal and get some good players...but he couldn't hold onto them. Where's Scherzer? Where's Fister? Where's Price?

Moreover, we're still paying for that Prince Fielder contract. And why do we forget all the money he blew on Todd Jones, Valverde, Joe Nathan and others? Moreover, let's not forget that he traded-away one of the best pitching prospects to get Soria....and then released Soria last month for a pair of double A prospects. WTF? The net return on our investment is similar to feeding gold coins into a slot machine and having it payoff in turds.

These were some very dom moves Dombrowski. There is no wondering why Ilitch was pissed and fired dumb Dumbroski...he sh*t-canned this season for a handful of prospects. Prospects? A half-dozen prospects and $5 will getcha a latte at the local Starbucks. Prospects, Schmospects! The Tigers are now the laughing stocks of the Central Division. Thanks, Dave...you Dick! And thank-you Mr. Ilitch for disposing of his sorry ass...you really screwed us over good, and left us none the richer - certainly not in Championships.

Oh, and before anyone gets their panties in an uproar about my use of the term Dumb Polack...although I'm three-quarters German, my grandmother was a Golembiewski and she ran the family as though we were in Little Warsaw. I ate more pierogies, galumpkis, kielbasa, kishka and kapusta than anyone here so I am entitled to call Dumbroski a Dumb Polack. (lol) Just last week I had a discussion with a gentleman in Livonia MI who was upset with Ilitch firing bonehead Dave...solely because he is also Polish. I asked him to explain why Ilitch shouldn't fire a sub .500 GM, who can't hold onto his players, signs bad deals, and then gives away the season in order to start to a rebuilding phase? He didn't know what the hell I was talking about since I was spoke to him in Polish. So I told him if he's going to make such as lame defense of a Dumb Polack, he should at least learn how to speak a little bit of the Polish language. Ugh! And they ask me why I drink.

Farewell Dombrowski...he accomplished nothing meaningful while in Detroit and he is a turd of epic proportions for bastardizing the Tigers here in 2015. I predict his horribly inexperienced and under-qualified Manager, Brad Ausmus, will be released after this season. But don't worry Tiger fans...we have prospects.:( Thirty-one years and counting...
Whats Dombrowski's record since '06 when he was given the ability to get enough players to make a difference ... I bet it's not losing from that point forward.

I do agree with a lot of what your saying, but he did get a lot of studs to come to Detroit when Detroit really WAS the laughing stock.
Pudge Rodriguez, Magglio were a start, before them NO ONE wanted to come to Detroit, from '08 till '13 or so people wanted to come to Detroit.

I am disappointed that they gave up on the season ... I really wanted Price to stay, however the Tigers say his figures were way more than they would be able to afford.

If thats the case, then Mr. I also has changed his tune.

While they didn't win any Championships, they were in Playoffs and did quite well till they got to the Final series.

Personally, I think if I had seen this coming as most of us did if were were realists, they should have cut Dombrowski BEFORE the trade deadline, not after when he could tear apart the team and then walk away ...
Fwiw, Dombrowski may go to Toronto , where he'll be re antiquated with several Tigers he traded away.

I couldn't disagree more. Dave Dombrowski is one of the smartest people in baseball. Under his watch the team went from a record 119 loss season to making the playoffs 5 times and making it to the World Series twice. His moves took us from the laughing stock of the league to a contender every year. Before that he won a World Series with the terrible Marlins.

Whats Dombrowski's record since '06 when he was given the ability to get enough players to make a difference ... I bet it's not losing from that point forward.

I do agree with a lot of what your saying, but he did get a lot of studs to come to Detroit when Detroit really WAS the laughing stock.
Pudge Rodriguez, Magglio were a start, before them NO ONE wanted to come to Detroit, from '08 till '13 or so people wanted to come to Detroit.

I am disappointed that they gave up on the season ... I really wanted Price to stay, however the Tigers say his figures were way more than they would be able to afford.

If thats the case, then Mr. I also has changed his tune.

While they didn't win any Championships, they were in Playoffs and did quite well till they got to the Final series.

Personally, I think if I had seen this coming as most of us did if were were realists, they should have cut Dombrowski BEFORE the trade deadline, not after when he could tear apart the team and then walk away ...
Fwiw, Dombrowski may go to Toronto , where he'll be re antiquated with several Tigers he traded away.

The reason they had him handle the trade deadline is because they clearly trusted him to make good moves more than Avilia. Making Avilia's first week on the job the trade deadline would have been throwing him in over his head.

Not only that but I think they were all good moves. We weren't going to make the playoffs this year and we clearly weren't going to sign Price. By letting these players go 2 months early we got 2 high end pitching prospects that will probably be part of our starting rotation for the next 5+ years.

I couldn't disagree more. Dave Dombrowski is one of the smartest people in baseball. Under his watch the team went from a record 119 loss season to making the playoffs 5 times and making it to the World Series twice. His moves took us from the laughing stock of the league to a contender every year. Before that he won a World Series with the terrible Marlins.

The reason they had him handle the trade deadline is because they clearly trusted him to make good moves more than Avilia. Making Avilia's first week on the job the trade deadline would have been throwing him in over his head.

Not only that but I think they were all good moves. We weren't going to make the playoffs this year and we clearly weren't going to sign Price. By letting these players go 2 months early we got 2 high end pitching prospects that will probably be part of our starting rotation for the next 5+ years.
We can hope, but no one knows for sure ...
Norris looks good so far, but hes young, unproven, there is no record saying he's gonna be any good.
The other guy they didn't even expect to be in the majors ...
Look at the guys we got, was it last year that they said were gonna be in the pen and rotation, Think it was Ray, he was terrible with the Tigers, haven't heard from this year.
Over all I like what Dombrowski was able to do while he was in Detroit with the exception to not being able to put together a REAL bullpen, he's always had a few good guys and a bunch of scrubs.

Last year, with Nathan, you can't blame Dombrowski for that, Nathan had been stellar the year before.
That said, the same guy got rid of a VERY good starter in Fister for NOTHING, never will understand that one...
Going into last year, figuring we would have either Scherzer or Price, whats wrong with having both, salary, can't have everyone making over 20 M ...
I don't know how many HIGHLY paid players these other teams have, but they seem to get it done ... Cards, Giants type of teams .... how are they doing it, they go out and trade for players just like the Tigers have.

Once again Verlander is strong, goes 7 innings, only 3 hits and no runs ...
Leaves leading 1-0, Hardy pitches the 8th, Rondon the 9th ... Rondon gives up a huge HR and the game is tied and Verlanders win goes by the way side once again.
Tigers managed to win tonight in the 11th.

Saw a stat that Verlander has 4 starts going 7+ innings, giving up 1 or less runs and has No Wins to show for them.
If I'm not mistaken, he only has 1 win this year .... remember, he's been out for most of it.

Justin Verlander throws a 1 Hitter tonight against the Angels.
He gave up his only run leading off the 9th Inning, a drive down the LF line that hit the chalk.

Well done Mr. Verlander, well done !

I was there. Felt sorry for Justin as the hit was only an inch off. Looked fowl from my seats
I was wondering if you were there tonight .... What a game for J.V. :D

Unfortunately the hit in the ninth clearly hit the chalk ...

I don't think any spectacular plays had to be make to preserve it.

The Detroit Tigers have the fourth (4) highest payroll in 2015...yet, this ball club has amassed a whopping 60-70 record and stand 20-games out of first place in the AL Central. Unfortunately, everything I said about Dombrowski, and his well-deserved firing, is coming to fruition and being supported by the facts. Next to go will be Avila and Ausmus. Time to clean house. I cannot wait for this fiasco of a season to end. Speaking of fiascos...I attended two Washington Nationals games last week and they're not playing up to their potential. But that's another story.

The Detroit Tigers have the fourth (4) highest payroll in 2015...yet, this ball club has amassed a whopping 60-70 record and stand 20-games out of first place in the AL Central. Unfortunately, everything I said about Dombrowski, and his well-deserved firing, is coming to fruition and being supported by the facts. Next to go will be Avila and Ausmus. Time to clean house. I cannot wait for this fiasco of a season to end. Speaking of fiascos...I attended two Washington Nationals games last week and they're not playing up to their potential. But that's another story.

Avila the GM will be back, the son don't think so, and I do think Ausmus is gone as well.

Twins had a nice win last night agains the White Sox and Sale. They really have his number this year.

It's time for Playoff baseball and also time for the Tigers to begin house-cleaning thanks to Dick Dumbrowski, Buddy F'er and Hand Biter Extraordinaire.

So whose going and whose staying? Can the Tigers retool and be competitive next season or are they in for a years-long rebuilding process? In other words, are those 4-Straight AL Central championship and 2 World Series loses as good as gets or will they be back next season? Offhand, the Tigers stars are aging...Dombrowski didn't get it done with the re$ource$ and talent at his disposal...Tigers couldn't retain some key talent (e.g., Fister and Scherzer)...and, finally, Dombrowski screwed the Tigers and their fans by giving-up on this season on his way out the door.

GM Avila? I'm leaning towards his departure...although he may stick-around if Ilitch cannot find someone better.
Ausmus? Gone faster than a fart in a hurricane.

So, I'm predicting a new GM and Manager. I'll have to mull-over the roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)