2015 AL Central

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's time for Playoff baseball and also time for the Tigers to begin house-cleaning thanks to Dick Dumbrowski, Buddy F'er and Hand Biter Extraordinaire.

So whose going and whose staying? Can the Tigers retool and be competitive next season or are they in for a years-long rebuilding process? In other words, are those 4-Straight AL Central championship and 2 World Series loses as good as gets or will they be back next season? Offhand, the Tigers stars are aging...Dombrowski didn't get it done with the re$ource$ and talent at his disposal...Tigers couldn't retain some key talent (e.g., Fister and Scherzer)...and, finally, Dombrowski screwed the Tigers and their fans by giving-up on this season on his way out the door.

GM Avila? I'm leaning towards his departure...although he may stick-around if Ilitch cannot find someone better.
Ausmus? Gone faster than a fart in a hurricane.

So, I'm predicting a new GM and Manager. I'll have to mull-over the roster.
From what I'm hearing, Al Avila Sr is here at least thru his current contract.
Looks like Alex will be gone.

A few weeks ago I was talking with a friend that told me he heard that Illitch had every plan to pay Price whatever he needed and Dombroski went ahead and traded him anyways, that led to Dombrowski's dismissal.

Price and healthy Verlander would have been MUCH better than what they have now.

Reactions: riffjim4069
In regards to Avila, he is sticking around and last week he publicly said that Ausmus will be back next season, which was very surprising

If you'd asked, on opening day, if I would be happy that the Twins were still fighting for a playoff berth on the penultimate day of the season, I would have said I'd be thrilled. Next week I will be. I was disappointed they couldn't make that last step, but I'm not disappointed in their body of work for the year.

If they can pick up or develop a starter and figure out how to keep Perkins healthy all season, next year has much upside.

Reactions: riffjim4069
Now that the Tigers have Norris, who has actually pitched decent, and Verlander bounced back nicely (as I said would while others said he was washed up) and they back on the market and RE SIGN Price, who it sounds like didn't want to leave and Mr. I wanted to keep, I think ther rotation is much better, still need to get rid of Simon and Greene, they are nothing more than 4-5 pitchers.

Going back to Price, Verlander, Sanchez would be a huge start, I hear Fister is interested (Washington removed him from the rotation and I believe that his contract is up)

Oh, congrats to the Royals faithful for bringing back the World Series to the AL Central. Hopefully, the Tigers can get back on track and we'll have us a real humdinger of a race to win the AL Central next season. We shall see...

Oh, congrats to the Royals faithful for bringing back the World Series to the AL Central. Hopefully, the Tigers can get back on track and we'll have us a real humdinger of a race to win the AL Central next season. We shall see...
Only if the Tigers actually make the right moves and FIX the Bull Pen and Re Invest in the Rotation ... to do this they will have to go way over the Luxury Tax limit, but then again, many do.

Only if the Tigers actually make the right moves and FIX the Bull Pen and Re Invest in the Rotation ... to do this they will have to go way over the Luxury Tax limit, but then again, many do.

Absolutely...but I don't think they have the talent/leadership in the front office to make this happen. Moreover, Miggy and Victor are quickly aging and, as you know, are prone to injury as we've seen the past two seasons. Both need to be healthy and productive if we're going to turn things around. We shall see. Dumbrowski really screwed-up and left the cupboards bare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)