2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN is reporting that Gordon's legal team will blame second-hand smoke for their client's recent positive test....

z824a.jpg

It is the 'but mom I was barely high' excuse. It was such a close test that one of his 2 samples didn't test positive, was under the threshold of a positive test.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Patrick Peterson signs a five-year contract extension, a deal worth $70M with $48M guaranteed, which makes him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL.

Why do players need to brag about how much they get? This guy posted that on his twitter account.

The fins OL already having a bad start for 2014 :mad: Our Probowl starting center will be out 6 weeks and now the guy who was backing him up was carted off the practice field. :facepalm

Agents cut, taxes, paying for the entourage..buying big house, lady friend on the side....couple of cars and some child support.....it adds up

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Have any of you actually seen how an NFL player's paycheck gets split up? For the big stars it's no big deal but for a bench or practice squad guy it's nothing to brag about. My wife and I are friends with a lady who's brother played at Iowa and then got picked up as an undrafted free agent. His name is Mitch King and is one of my all time favorite Hawkeyes. Well her and her husband would help him with some of his finances and I would ask them about how much he makes and how well he does. It wasn't anything crazy but a decent living. I didn't realize that players have to pay the taxes of whatever state they play their game in. So that money comes out right away when they play in a state. Could you imagine trying to manage your money when you're paying taxes in that many states?

Have any of you actually seen how an NFL player's paycheck gets split up? For the big stars it's no big deal but for a bench or practice squad guy it's nothing to brag about. My wife and I are friends with a lady who's brother played at Iowa and then got picked up as an undrafted free agent. His name is Mitch King and is one of my all time favorite Hawkeyes. Well her and her husband would help him with some of his finances and I would ask them about how much he makes and how well he does. It wasn't anything crazy but a decent living. I didn't realize that players have to pay the taxes of whatever state they play their game in. So that money comes out right away when they play in a state. Could you imagine trying to manage your money when you're paying taxes in that many states?

Yep. That was all over the news last season during the playoffs and SuperBowl as to how it pertained to Peyton Manning and if he would retire. It was a huge difference in taxes because of the SuperBowl being in NJ and the Broncos having to play there again this season.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...p-all-of-peyton-mannings-super-bowl-earnings/

It's really amazing. We have to keep in mind what an NFL player actually gets to keep out of that salary. they have a ton of expenses compared to what we have. The biggest problem is trying to get the players themselves to realize it instead of spending it all right away. They seriously need some guidance.

In other news it looks like David Wilson of the Giants is going to need a lot of luck if he plans to play again. He's have neck issues again.

Yesterday was the last Thursday we'll have without Football until Christmas. Let the football season begin! :crowdbounce

Reactions: Rey
Status
Not open for further replies.