2014 NFL off-season thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans rookie sucker-punched in a Nashville bar. Congratulations on reaching NFL celebrity status, Zach.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cker-punch-nashville-bar-restaurant/12957301/

[QUOTE}"I know in 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard. I don't care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody's buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there."[/QUOTE]

its a logistical nightmare for west coast teams and the London teams playing on the US west coast. ANYONE who does not see this a JUST a money grab by the owners is naive. The "expansion" of the sport is not needed in Europe because it will NEVER unseat THEIR football/soccer. It's a niche sport to Europeans from friends, family and work colleagues that I have spoken to. It's cool and all, but to expect 75k+ every year at every game after the 1st year or two is reaching.
That's why I said that the NBA would have a far better chance of being successful if they expanded into Europe than the NFL would.

2 games for knocking the f* out of your wife for Ray Rice, yet Mathis gets 4 games for using an infertility drug a full year for smoking pot.... SMH.

2 games for knocking the f* out of your wife for Ray Rice, yet Mathis gets 4 games for using an infertility drug a full year for smoking pot.... SMH.

That's the PA's fault for negotiating those street drug penalties.

But, 2 games for Ray Rice is a joke.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's looking like Gordon could be suspended the entire year.

That's the PA's fault for negotiating those street drug penalties.

But, 2 games for Ray Rice is a joke.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I agree. Should have been more than 4 at the least.

Probably would have been closer to that (he's suspended 2 games plus 1 game check) of him and his wife didn't resolve things and the legal case went another direction. The incident will cost him north of $500k. In salary.

After a good meeting with Goodell what was expected to be a 3-5 game suspension was reduced.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Should have been more than 4 at the least.

What all happened with that though? Did he admit to hitting her and did she say anything about it? I think the domestic stuff is a more personal thing and should be handled by authorities. The drugs can actually have an affect on performance, not so much pot but other drugs. To me it makes sense for the NFL to have steep penalties for drugs. The NFL can enforce their own rules since it is their league and if players can't follow them they can go play in a different league.

Reactions: Jimbo
Probably would have been closer to that (he's suspended 2 games plus 1 game check) of him and his wife didn't resolve things and the legal case went another direction. The incident will cost him north of $500k. In salary.

After a good meeting with Goodell what was expected to be a 3-5 game suspension was reduced.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Maybe Goodell had access to video from inside the elevator and saw something we haven't, something that may have helped Rice. Don't know but it's possible.....

Maybe Goodell had access to video from inside the elevator and saw something we haven't, something that may have helped Rice. Don't know but it's possible.....
TMZ was probably on site when it happened ... :eek:, they probably have cameras in the elevator already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)