2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Bob Glauber of New York's Newsday, longer extra points will be tested in teams' first two preseason games in 2014 by placing the ball at the 20-yard line rather than the 2-yard line. Two-point conversion remains at the 2-yard line

Next, Roger will want to put a Basketball hoop on the goal post, if the kicker can boot the ball thru it's an extra 6 points... :rolleyes:

But you still can't dunk the ball over the goalpost after a TD.

Btw, what makes dunking the ball over the post that big of a deal ?

I say give the scoring player :30 seconds after the TD to do whatever he wants, however, it will NOT be allowed to be shown on TV.

But you still can't dunk the ball over the goalpost after a TD.

Btw, what makes dunking the ball over the post that big of a deal ?

I say give the scoring player :30 seconds after the TD to do whatever he wants, however, it will NOT be allowed to be shown on TV.

Consistency, sportsmanship. It's a prop.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In a way,I see their point about the possibility of messing up the goal posts doing it & then having to delay the to repair the goal post,like in basketball when they shatter the backboard & glass flies everywhere. However,if Roger wasn't such a tyrant & killjoy,this would have gone through with minimal press. What ever happened to players having to keep their jerseys tucked in,or their socks up? Roger can come up with the weirdest things & the weirdest things to ban.

In a way,I see their point about the possibility of messing up the goal posts doing it & then having to delay the to repair the goal post,like in basketball when they shatter the backboard & glass flies everywhere. However,if Roger wasn't such a tyrant & killjoy,this would have gone through with minimal press. What ever happened to players having to keep their jerseys tucked in,or their socks up? Roger can come up with the weirdest things & the weirdest things to ban.

Make stronger goal posts ...

Players have been doing this with the goal posts for years now ... how often does the game have to be stopped to repair the goalposts ?

This is the only time I can remember ... basically its acting like it ruins the post every time, while in reality, it doesn't.

What happens when the player now goes up and acts like he's dunking the ball, if he doesn't have the ball (prop) is it still illegal ?

Make stronger goal posts ...

Players have been doing this with the goal posts for years now ... how often does the game have to be stopped to repair the goalposts ?

This is the only time I can remember ... basically its acting like it ruins the post every time, while in reality, it doesn't.

What happens when the player now goes up and acts like he's dunking the ball, if he doesn't have the ball (prop) is it still illegal ?

No, why would it be?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

College and HS players have adapted to not being able to spike or dunk the ball after scoring. Maybe its time for the NFL to do the same....

Btw, what makes dunking the ball over the post that big of a deal ?.

Am going to guess...

1- Possible damage to goal post
2- Possible injury
3- Unsportmanlike- showboating

What if... they go for a dunk and get rejected by the goalpost? Still a penalty even though a dunk never happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts