2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge Desean fan but, how the Eagles can just release him is beyond me.Wtg Howie Roseman.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What else would explain the fact that Jackson was released outright?? If it was a matter of not getting along with the coaches, don't you think they could have worked a trade??

You just don't give talent like that away unless there are underlying issues....

Did you notice the money the Eagles would have to pay if he was on the roster? Next 2 years $12 million+ per year hit(9 mil base, 3 mil bonus). That's alot of money... Less players making less money have been released for how much less.

Until a police or FBI report with a name is tied to that "reliable source"..it's BS to not pay the man. Just say you're gonna cost us to much instead of throw that gang BS out there.

Only a few teams could/would take on that contract, Oakland was rumored at one point.

Raiders ($$) and Chiefs (Reid) would seem to make sense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am hearing your Chiefs are a front runner because of the Reid connection. As well as the PATS now... great!:rolleyes:

Did you notice the money the Eagles would have to pay if he was on the roster? Next 2 years $12 million+ per year hit(9 mil base, 3 mil bonus). That's alot of money... Less players making less money have been released for how much less.

Until a police or FBI report with a name is tied to that "reliable source"..it's BS to not pay the man. Just say you're gonna cost us to much instead of throw that gang BS out there.
Coming off a career year and in his prime he was probably worth that much. Players are cut for money reasons towards the end of their careers.

No reason for his release was given by the Eagles: "After careful consideration over this offseason, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today."

Yep sheer conjecture,so lets give him the boot,yet they had no problem signing Cooper to a new contract.Supposedly they had trade offers on the table for him,if so how stupid does that make them look,to simply cut him?Didn't want to trade a player and his problems to someone else....What an idiot Roseman.Even better lets sign Mr.Butt Fumble at QB.

I swear it just irks me about this whole deal,hard to take as a die hard Eagles fan.They better have solid proof that he is connected to gangs and crimes,otherwise they will feel the wrath of philly fans.Big blow to the offense,they think they can solve it via the draft and Jeremy Maclin,who is coming off a season ending injury from last year.What's even worse is if the Giants or Cowboys pick him up and he burns them a new buuthole.

I want him in Charlotte....Uhhhh we need him in Charlotte...Hey if the Panthers can draft Rae Carruth they can easily deal with this guy.

Reports are the Panthers have zero interest.They plan on letting Cam throw it to himself.

He's a pain in the ass but I'll take Jackson over any of the receivers the Fins have on their current roster.

waste of tax payer money....... no witness = no chance in court. if they get married charges dropped soooon

Tweet from Adam Schefter:

RB Ray Rice got married Friday night to Janay Palmer. Ceremony had been planned for couple of weeks. Got indicted Thursday, married Friday.

She must not be too afraid of Rice then.Either that or she knows she has him by the nads.

He seems to be the arrogant kind of person who would think he could.
No no no...He has matured..Go back and look at interviews how his father and brother would take him into film replay and show his actions as an arrogant person.They set him down and it has sunk in!.Cam is just fine!..We cant base that arrogance from yrs ago..Hey he is still growing and am happy he is on the Panthers.

Now was there a rift in the locker room between him and Smitty?..Who knows and nothing has ever leaked from either side.Ron Rivera feeling the heat from upset Panthers fans released a statement about why they let Smith go...Myself I think it is a pile of BS..Rivera stated he would rather release Smith a yr early rather than a yr to late.Makes no sense at all.!!.Releasing him only clears up his wages and roster spot!!!...The guy took a pay cut to stay in Charlotte!!..So is Jerricho Cotchery an equivalent or better receiver at 3 yrs younger?...I don`t think so!.

Geez this is like trading baseball and football cards when I was growing up..Panthers did not get a better card with Cotchery!

No no no...He has matured..Go back and look at interviews how his father and brother would take him into film replay and show his actions as an arrogant person.They set him down and it has sunk in!.Cam is just fine!..We cant base that arrogance from yrs ago..Hey he is still growing and am happy he is on the Panthers.

Now was there a rift in the locker room between him and Smitty?..Who knows and nothing has ever leaked from either side.Ron Rivera feeling the heat from upset Panthers fans released a statement about why they let Smith go...Myself I think it is a pile of BS..Rivera stated he would rather release Smith a yr early rather than a yr to late.Makes no sense at all.!!.Releasing him only clears up his wages and roster spot!!!...The guy took a pay cut to stay in Charlotte!!..So is Jerricho Cotchery an equivalent or better receiver at 3 yrs younger?...I don`t think so!.

Geez this is like trading baseball and football cards when I was growing up..Panthers did not get a better card with Cotchery!

He just isn't mouthing off as much and is careful of what he says during interviews. I still think he's pretty arrogant. Enough of the superman crap. I'll give him some credit and say he has improved but we'll see how modest he is when the team isn't doing well. When the sh*t hits the fan will he be a leader or will he throw others under the bus?

I'm a Bears fan and the same can be said about Cutler. I like him and feel he has improved but the majority of the public thinks he is still an ass.

I swear it just irks me about this whole deal,hard to take as a die hard Eagles fan.They better have solid proof that he is connected to gangs and crimes,otherwise they will feel the wrath of philly fans.Big blow to the offense,they think they can solve it via the draft and Jeremy Maclin,who is coming off a season ending injury from last year.What's even worse is if the Giants or Cowboys pick him up and he burns them a new buuthole.

I am going to assume that there is no solid proof. IF there was, they would have never signed him to that big contract a couple of years back. ALL OF A SUDDEN, after playing all these years in the NFL and NOW there are gang ties? Not 2 years ago? IF as a kid, you grew up in a crappy neighborhood with gang related issues...and you think none of the players in the NFL are not going to know KNOWN gang affiliated kids/young men?

This smells of the NEW head coaching not liking him and the brass NOT wanting to pay him the money.

I am going to assume that there is no solid proof. IF there was, they would have never signed him to that big contract a couple of years back. ALL OF A SUDDEN, after playing all these years in the NFL and NOW there are gang ties? Not 2 years ago? IF as a kid, you grew up in a crappy neighborhood with gang related issues...and you think none of the players in the NFL are not going to know KNOWN gang affiliated kids/young men?

This smells of the NEW head coaching not liking him and the brass NOT wanting to pay him the money.

Thats what it smells like to me.Furthermore, they have all but got Jackson blacklisted now.If they have proof, show it now, if not be honest, just say we Didn't want him anymore.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)