2015 NCAA football discussion thread

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/...ia-tech-must-figure-out-braxton-miller-riddle

Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster put together a sterling game plan to stop Ohio State last season.

This time around, he has to scheme for a player who was on the sideline during their matchup a year ago. So perhaps the biggest question heading into their Labor Day game in Blacksburg is -- How do the Hokies account for quarterback-turned-receiver Braxton Miller?

My personal opinion is the result at the end is a lot different and VT gets rolled.

Even more hype for this Labor Day game....

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20150819aaa.html

Brad Paisley's 'Country Nation College Tour Presented By Zaxby's' to kick off with visit to Virginia Tech

As the 2015 college football season kicks off, country music superstar Brad Paisley and IMG will be taking his show to select universities to provide free entertainment for the campus community. The tour kicks off September 6 at Virginia Tech.

The “Country Nation College Tour presented by Zaxby’s” will roll into Blacksburg, Virginia on September 6 and set up on the Virginia Tech campus. Breakout country artist Eric Paslay will be the special guest.

Reactions: Jimbo
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...on-position-rankings-receivers-and-tight-ends

After spending the first two days ranking quarterbacks and running backs in the SEC, today we move to the receivers and tight ends in our preseason position rankings:

i
1. Texas A&M: Thanks to the recruiting job done in recent years, the Aggies are loaded at this position. Josh Reynolds, who caught a school-record 13 touchdowns last year is back. So are former ballyhooed recruits and uber-talented athletes Speedy Noil and Ricky Seals-Jones, both of whom could be on deck for breakout seasons. True freshman Christian Kirk(2015 ESPN 300 prospect) all but solidified a starting job since his January arrival after earning extremely high praise from coaches this offseason.

I still do not think it will matter this year. I feel bad for VT because what I see in Beamer and the program now I went through first hand as an FSU supporter in Bowden's last years. But that is just my $0.02.

I still do not think it will matter this year. I feel bad for VT because what I see in Beamer and the program now I went through first hand as an FSU supporter in Bowden's last years. But that is just my $0.02.

This year is really a better year for VT - the Defense will be a top5 for sure, the offense is a much better side of the ball than it was last year. QB has been there for a good year now vs 2-3 months prior to last years game with alot of experience around him. Beamer is about done - he knows it and will stay with VT in the program once he retires from HC. I see it next year after Bristol that he retires.

As for the Ohio State game, its gonna be closer than it was last year unless they push it again and VT gets ball hungry and grabs another pick 6 to end it again.

QB Thomas, Georgia Tech looking to build on 11-win season

ATLANTA (AP) -- Even with 11 wins in 2014, Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson kept thinking his team was living on the edge
He points to a 49-34 Orange Bowl win over Mississippi State as evidence.

''We won the Orange Bowl by two touchdowns and we set an Orange Bowl record for passing yards against us, so you can't live like that forever,'' Johnson said.

''I think we've just got to be better. You can talk about it until you're blue in the face. You've got to see it. You've got to do it on the field.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qb-thomas-georgia-tech-looking-build-11-win-162128574--ncaaf.html

Jimbo has done well with bringing in speakers during his tenure, another good one last night.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...asks-players-develop-interests-other-football

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Maurice Clarett shared his story of on-field triumph, off-field trouble and personal redemption with Florida State's football team Wednesday night, imploring players to develop themselves beyond football.

Clarett, a former Ohio State star running back who served nearly four years in prison for aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon, spoke to the Seminoles for more than an hour in the team's auditorium, stressing themes of personal development and accountability.

"Coming from a single-parent environment, coming up in the hoods, sometimes, we're undeveloped," Clarett told the players. "We're great football players, but we're s--- people. We don't have the skills to perform.

This year is really a better year for VT - the Defense will be a top5 for sure, the offense is a much better side of the ball than it was last year. QB has been there for a good year now vs 2-3 months prior to last years game with alot of experience around him. Beamer is about done - he knows it and will stay with VT in the program once he retires from HC. I see it next year after Bristol that he retires.

As for the Ohio State game, its gonna be closer than it was last year unless they push it again and VT gets ball hungry and grabs another pick 6 to end it again.
Buckeyes Defense will be MUCH better than last year when the teams played ...

Offense is well, just ... loaded.
They may have the problem of trying to divvy up the plays so everyone can be active in the game.

Looking forward to the college football season, love the Saturdays when you can go from morning to night with games, from the big program to the small programs

Reactions: nvsundevil
Buckeyes Defense will be MUCH better than last year when the teams played ...

Offense is well, just ... loaded.
They may have the problem of trying to divvy up the plays so everyone can be active in the game.
And coming off the high that was winning the championship could play a big part too.

I wonder how the team handles it? If they do it right, they will be a team to watch. If not, then it could bite them bad.

Hard to maintain the "want" after winning a Natty, all teams have been thru that lately. You also tend to get every teams best shot. Noles "D" last year had tons of talent but didn't show up until they were behind, and a couple of them already had eyes on draft day (as seen how they are doing in the NFL...).

Hard to maintain the "want" after winning a Natty, all teams have been thru that lately. You also tend to get every teams best shot. Noles "D" last year had tons of talent but didn't show up until they were behind, and a couple of them already had eyes on draft day (as seen how they are doing in the NFL...).
I disagree to a point .... IF your a top team, you get everybodys best shot all the time, after all YOUR the Big team.

Don't disagree, but teams will scheme for you as a national champ from the previous year and you are likely to see unexpected things because they want to be able to say they beat you or gave you a good shot. Jimbo discussed this a bit last year.

When you play Bama for example, you give them your best shot every week, the same goes for THE OSU .... been happening for awhile now, mainly since Urban took over .... also, there are a lot of YOUNG guys on the team that will want to get thier piece of the pie, as well as the potential for going Back to Back ... that doesn't happen very often.

I personally think it is two different things. Sure, a brand name team gets effort from the staff and players, but a brand name reigning champ gets even more effort. Several teams ran schemes on us that Jimbo had never seen them do. I think most every play run by NC St in the 1st half was some variant of something new. You think any of their other opponents, brand name or not, other than an FSU coming off a natty gets that? I dont think so.

A few coaches in the ACC admitted scheming new stuff up in the summer for late in the year against FSU. And then being undefeated the entire follow up season means we got a bigger shot.

College football is so even now, it's hard for folks to do two in a row.

I was more referring to the time after bamas last run. Things have changed, I mean not much has changed at bama recruiting wise it coaching but look at their last few bowl losses. Lot of equality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts