2015 NCAA football discussion thread

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/105126/sec-preseason-position-rankings-running-back

After getting things started on Monday with the quarterbacks, we continue our SEC preseason position rankings on Tuesday by examining one of the conference’s most potent positions: running back.

i
1. Georgia: Is there any real debate here? Nick Chubb ranks among the nation’s best tailbacks, and he has plenty of talent supporting him in the Bulldogs’ backfield. Sony Michel was actually rated higher than Chubb when they signed with Georgia last year, and Keith Marshall is a former five-star recruit himself. Georgia is legitimately five players deep at tailback, which places the Bulldogs among the deepest, most potent backfields in the country.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/105065/sec-pre-season-position-rankings-qb

With the season rapidly approaching, it's time to take a look at our yearly preseason position rankings in the SEC. We're kicking things off with quarterback, which isn't exactly the strongest position in the conference.

i
1. Mississippi State: When you return the SEC's best quarterback, senior Dak Prescott, you have a pretty good chance of taking the top spot. Last season, the Heisman Trophy candidate broke 12 school records, including rushing yards by a quarterback (986), total offense (4,435 yards), total offense per game (341.2) and touchdowns responsible for (41). Backup Damian Williams has 434 career passing yards and three touchdowns to his name.

If Dak is #1 still that does not bode well for the rest of the group...

Official FSU end of regular season record guess, 10-2.
We plan to be part of the 2 ;)

We have everything lined up for a perfect season, the big name teams are in transition (FSU, Notre Dame, UGA) with their quarterbacks, so things look really good. Which of course means we'll trip up with North Wichiwa Appalation A&M Tech. :oops:

I agree Smith, that is what I meant too. if he is #1 at the end, it really doesn't bode well...

Derwin, GT is one of my question marks for sure. I expect a much improved D and a premier running game for Fsu, but we could be a 9-3 team or an 11-1 team depending on how the new O-line and qb's do.

USC is a fav of mine and one of the two Pac12 teams I actually pull for (Stanford being the other).

USC eager to test its bountiful talent in upcoming season

''I'm not going to lie, it does feel good to be finally sanction-free,'' said Kessler, who stuck around for his third season as USC's starting quarterback. ''It has been a long time. I don't know if it's necessarily extra motivation, but I think it's an extra push. We're over that. We got through that together. Now it's done.''

Yet the Trojans understand how much work they must do to live up to those expectations that are automatically heaped on their glamorous program. Coach Steve Sarkisian doesn't exactly tell his players to ignore the hype, but they also realize they're on the brink of being a team that lives up to those standards.

The Trojans were a solid 9-4 in Sarkisian's debut season, but it only made the losses more painful. USC lost two games on the final snap and blew a 17-point lead in another.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usc-eager-test-bountiful-talent-upcoming-season-191024934--ncaaf.html

I saw a Headline earlier in the day that said :

Buckeye RB tears Meniscus

I first prayed it wasn't Zeke Elliott ...
Then found out it was the new back up for him, Mike Weber from Cass Tech I think it is, from Detroit ... remember him from signing day, debating on Michigan or Ohio State ... went back and forth,, eventually coming to OSU ...

Anyways, he's out for 3-4 weeks.

Derwin, GT is one of my question marks for sure. I expect a much improved D and a premier running game for Fsu, but we could be a 9-3 team or an 11-1 team depending on how the new O-line and qb's do.
If we could ever lock down our defense consistently, we'd be a beast. Tech has racked up yards and points solidly, but unfortunately the defense has been consistently sketchy.

I also think just that style of offense you need the Qb to stay healthy. Thats what hurt them against Duke last year IIRC, your Qb was a little banged?

I also think just that style of offense you need the Qb to stay healthy. Thats what hurt them against Duke last year IIRC, your Qb was a little banged?
True, but also true for most offenses. Only problem is that he's more likely to get banged up in an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)