2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Regardless of who wins, I'm looking forward to a good game. :D

Buckeyes can't play any worse than they did last year on Defense.
Then again the Offense wasn't very good either ....

So, Yes, the Buckeyes can't play any worse than they did last year ... (in this game)

Their defense wasn't bad last year in that game I thought, the issues they had most was VT's defense was just really really aggressive in that game and anytime they are it causes problems no matter what offensive line you have. They did it to Alabama a few years ago but special teams killed VT in that opener. Expect to see a ton of shifting and quick reads by the VT defense in this game to keep the confusion on as you will see some very good players on the hokie secondary doing their job to stop the big play. If it was me... I would put not stop pressure on the OSU offense and QB to not allow no time to throw or react just pack the box and make the QB think or force the O-line to hold.

Their defense wasn't bad last year in that game I thought, the issues they had most was VT's defense was just really really aggressive in that game and anytime they are it causes problems no matter what offensive line you have. They did it to Alabama a few years ago but special teams killed VT in that opener. Expect to see a ton of shifting and quick reads by the VT defense in this game to keep the confusion on as you will see some very good players on the hokie secondary doing their job to stop the big play. If it was me... I would put not stop pressure on the OSU offense and QB to not allow no time to throw or react just pack the box and make the QB think or force the O-line to hold.
Buckeyes Defense continuously gave up 3rd and long pass plays, that is what killed them on D*.

The young Buckeye O Line was a real problem for them last year not allowing any time to set up to throw, let alone throw. I believe they started 4 new guys on the line last year.

Don't forget the corn dogs ;)
homemade-corn-dog.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-state-loses-wr-brown-season-left-leg-012102052--ncaaf.html
Ohio State wide receiver Noah Brown injured his left leg during practice Wednesday and will miss the season.

Ohio State released a statement saying Brown would have surgery Thursday and is expected to make a full recovery.

The 6-foot-2, 222-pound Brown saw limited playing time in 13 games as a freshman last season and had one catch for 9 yards. But he was vying for a starting spot for the defending national champions and having a strong preseason. Coach Urban Meyer said last week Brown was one of the most improved players in training camp.

And when I walked away I didn't think it posted at all. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which year? The one Bama won 35-10 or the 34-24 game that was no where as close as that score indicated? ;)

Lol well the most recent game but hey that was years ago...special team screw ups cost alot in that game but as I said that was years ago no biggy.

I did see the article about osu losing another receiver big loss there as they just suspended another for the opener. If anyone things this game is going to be easy for either team regardless of who plays they got another thing coming...lots of upset talks are firing up all over but lots of talks about VT losing close and still going on for a big season.... 11 more days and we will find out.

If I had to pull for another team this year as I always pick.. I'm going with TCU. After that I'm pulling for Tenn to do good this year to make next years Tenn vs VT game even bigger as it will set a world record in attendance for a college football game.

Well, TCU's season is now shot...

;)

meh! I really dislike GT but I'll pull for them till they play VT cause well that option offense is annoying as hell to play against however its fun to watch when they play any other team. They are going to need some help this year though in depth which I'm not sure their QB can do it all alone as it seems sports writers peg them to be.

meh! I really dislike GT but I'll pull for them till they play VT cause well that option offense is annoying as hell to play against however its fun to watch when they play any other team. They are going to need some help this year though in depth which I'm not sure their QB can do it all alone as it seems sports writers peg them to be.
If we can lock down our defense, we'd be a monster. Unfortunately, as always, our defense never knows whether to show up or not. Lack of a defense is what killed us against FSU. They couldn't stop us, but we couldn't stop them either.

One more week till College Football Saturday.

Well college game day is on tomorrow at 11am so I'll be watching that and of course all the hype build for the Labor Day night I'm sure. ESPN loves to hype up games a week down the road while other games are playing.. I just wish they would stop talking about other games during the game you are watching and stay focused on what is going on then not later.

Technically today starts college football

on right now on ESPN is North Dakota State (the FOUR time defending champs) traveling to Montana to take on the Griz!!

Reactions: mccoyrj