2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Georgia has decided they want to be the next Tennessee, and have fired their high percentage winning coach.
Good news for GT and the rest of the SEC though.

My guess is they'll be going after Kirby Smart. Though who wants to go to a school that fires someone for only going 9-3 and going to 15 straight bowls.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/georgia-fires-mark-richt

Its official VT has hired Justin Fuente from Memphis to be the next Head Coach.
Looks like a great hire and they will retain Foster for Defense. Its about damn time they got someone in there that will light up the offense!! I see big things over the next year or two for VT!!
Now I'm waiting on bowl game decision so I can decide if I'm going for Beamers last game.

Georgia has decided they want to be the next Tennessee, and have fired their high percentage winning coach.

My guess is they'll be going after Kirby Smart. Though who wants to go to a school that fires someone for only going 9-3 and going to 15 straight bowls.

Word was before this firing Smart was top target for the SC gamecocks.
Funny how many thought he couldn't coach defense last year.
It's about the jimmies and joes folks!

Reactions: fhsucade07
Whens the last time we had 3 Big Ten teams in the top 10 while only having 1 sec team in the top 10 ?
3 BT teams are actually all in the top 6.
Bama is still holding down the fort for the sec at #2.

Btw, this is the AP ranking, not the CFP guys as of yet, but I don't expect much difference when they come out on Tuesday.

Word was before this firing Smart was top target for the SC gamecocks.
Funny how many thought he couldn't coach defense last year.
It's about the jimmies and joes folks!
Its not that hard to look good when you consistently have a top recruiting class. Smart needs to stay far away from SC IMO.

Reactions: tigerfan33
People thought Smart could not coach defense?

Around here bammers were calling for his head the last 2 years. Giving up points to the "spread offense". I didn't agree.
Has better players this year thus a better coach.
I agree with vurbano. He needs to stay away from SC.
Unless he can bring that defense with him. Even that may not be enough there.

Coaker has much improved, but I still hate that we go through the same QB competition next season.

As a Dawg it's funny that the number people calling for Richts head are back tracking. He should have gotten another year with the recruiting class coming in and the return of Chubb.

Rumors have said Tom Herman is interested in the Job. Who wouldn't want to take over a 9-3 program and recruits to improve the team next year.

As a Dawg it's funny that the number people calling for Richts head are back tracking. He should have gotten another year with the recruiting class coming in and the return of Chubb.

Rumors have said Tom Herman is interested in the Job. Who wouldn't want to take over a 9-3 program and recruits to improve the team next year.
Houston coach Tom Herman said Monday that he has agreed in principle to a new contract to stay with the Cougars.

Problem for Georgia is, who do you go after? Georgia is not the "dream job", and it's powers that be just fired their highest winning coach for "only" going "9-3". What A list coach would go to that?

Back to the Ray Goof years it will be, worse yet the Derek Dooley day's of Tennessee. The UGA athletic association will regret this for a long time. Mcgaritty should be the one fired. He's killed all the non-football sports where they had perennial contenders.

Meanwhile I see Richt headed to either Miami or worse for Georgia, to South Carolina. Might even take Eason with him along with a good chunk of the recruiting class. Dark days ahead for the Dawgs.

Actually, I think Georgia is one of the top jobs to have, although the firing a successful coach is never good for the incoming leader.

Richt, he will be sought after but does he want another position ? I could honestly see him retiring.

To this weekend.

I know Florida is not the Florida of the past, but it's always something special when it is Bama vs Florida for the SEC. It's the traditional sec championship matchup and as a Bama fan, when we play this game, that's who I want to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I figured a 9-3 regular season after losing Chubb would KEEP his job. With the Rb this team could be a one loss crasher. Not living up to expectations in years past are what finally did mark in imo. Not this year.

Actually, I think Georgia is one of the top jobs to have, although the firing a successful coach is never good for the incoming leader.

Richt, he will be sought after but does he want another position ? I could honestly see him retiring.

To this weekend.

I know Florida is not the Florida of the past, but it's always something special when it is Bama vs Florida for the SEC. It's the traditional sec championship matchup and as a Bama fan, when we play this game, that's who I want to play.

Go Gators !
Go Tar Heels !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)