2015 Sunday Ticket Deals/Offers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thought I'd share my experience.

I have an HR44 Genie DVR with 3 mini-Genies, Premier plan and Sunday Ticket.

Called last night to see what could be done. Did the whole "when does my contract end?" at the automated prompt to get to retentions.

I talked to a very nice lady who was eager to help. I told her my wife saw the bill and was extremely unhappy, and that we may have to consider cancelling since our bill has gotten out of control (which it has). She was very willing to toss some promos/discounts my way. Asked if I liked football, yadda yadda yadda, shot the sh*t for a bit and she offered half off for the season. I asked if there was anything else that could be done, and she "decided to give it to me for free". Thanks! She followed that up with offering half off all movie channels for 6 months. I checked my account and see another $20 discounts for 12 months tacked on.

So I got:
PREMIER - Save$7/6moSTARZ ($7.00) $0.00
PREMIER - Save$7/6moCMAX ($7.00) $0.00
PREMIER - $10/6mosSPORTS ($10.00) $0.00
PREMIER - Save$7/6moSHOW ($7.00) $0.00
PREMIER - $5/6mValueDisc ($5.00) $0.00
PREMIER - Save$7/6moHBO ($7.00) $0.00
PREMIER - $10/12moBasePkg ($10.00) $0.00
Advanced Receiver-DVR - 12moCrdtAdvRcvr ($10.00) ($0.89)
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2015 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00

$43 off for 6 mos (the movie/sports packs)
$20 credit for 12 mos
Free Sunday Ticket Max (my 6 payments for $41.99 each)
And she credited the two $41.99 payments I've already made for STMAX.

Awesome. I'm pretty stoked about all that, and it only took a 15 minute call and being extra friendly I guess.

New to this site but thought I'd also share my experience from today. Been with Directv since 2008. Current contract expires November 2015. Called to ask for contract end date and was directed to retention. Explained that since I last renewed contract when bill was around $100, bill has now gone up significantly, particularly since a lot of the prior bill credits have dropped off. Wife not happy, we literally hardly ever watch either HBO or Showtime, etc. and are trying to see what the options are and when contract ends. Received following offer: $30 off/mo x 12 (requires 1 year contract); $10 off/mo x 12; $5 off/mo x 6. Talked more about how we never really watch HBO or Showtime and I was prepared to give up Showtime until I realized Homeland is about to come back. Added the following to the offer: $7 off/mo x 6 for HBO; $7.50 off/mo x 6 for Showtime. Asked if anything else they could do and he said no. I then said that with the contract expiration coming up was really thinking about dropping convention tv and going to netflix, hulu, etc., as my kids also watch a lot of on demand movies and Directv doesn't offer a subscription model like netflix. Asked again if anything else. Before he answered asked if there was anything else he could throw in relating to their NFL packages. Offered NFL Sunday Ticket for FREE (also requires 1 year contract but doesn't duplicate contract extension required by the $30/off x 12). Literally, the very last thing I mentioned was anything about the NFL and didn't even specify what I was looking for. Total savings: $594 in bill credits PLUS $241.49 for the free Sunday Ticket ($835 total). All in all a good day! I love Directv and always have -- just wished they wouldn't require us loyal customers to jump through these hoops every year.

Reactions: tony_s_fan
New to this site but thought I'd also share my experience from today. Been with Directv since 2008. Current contract expires November 2015. Called to ask for contract end date and was directed to retention. Explained that since I last renewed contract when bill was around $100, bill has now gone up significantly, particularly since a lot of the prior bill credits have dropped off. Wife not happy, we literally hardly ever watch either HBO or Showtime, etc. and are trying to see what the options are and when contract ends. Received following offer: $30 off/mo x 12 (requires 1 year contract); $10 off/mo x 12; $5 off/mo x 6. Talked more about how we never really watch HBO or Showtime and I was prepared to give up Showtime until I realized Homeland is about to come back. Added the following to the offer: $7 off/mo x 6 for HBO; $7.50 off/mo x 6 for Showtime. Asked if anything else they could do and he said no. I then said that with the contract expiration coming up was really thinking about dropping convention tv and going to netflix, hulu, etc., as my kids also watch a lot of on demand movies and Directv doesn't offer a subscription model like netflix. Asked again if anything else. Before he answered asked if there was anything else he could throw in relating to their NFL packages. Offered NFL Sunday Ticket for FREE (also requires 1 year contract but doesn't duplicate contract extension required by the $30/off x 12). Literally, the very last thing I mentioned was anything about the NFL and didn't even specify what I was looking for. Total savings: $594 in bill credits PLUS $241.49 for the free Sunday Ticket ($835 total). All in all a good day! I love Directv and always have -- just wished they wouldn't require us loyal customers to jump through these hoops every year.
Extremely good deal, just be aware that they've noted these discounts on your account & when they expire they won't be so generous. So the bill you had before is what D* wants that to be the norm & not the concessions they've just given you for the year. What you have going for you, which I didn't benefit from when I dropped them to go streaming & OTA exclusively, is that the market should look completely different within the next year when those discounts expire.

Of course it's up to you to keep up with the upcoming market trends, as you've experienced, D* is not going to call you & tell you we're bleeding customers so we're decreasing your bill. Sites like Satellite Guys are worth their weight in gold in keeping you an informed customer.

Reactions: Guest2222
Extremely good deal, just be aware that they've noted these discounts on your account & when they expire they won't be so generous. So the bill you had before is what D* wants that to be the norm & not the concessions they've just given you for the year. What you have going for you, which I didn't benefit from when I dropped them to go streaming & OTA exclusively, is that the market should look completely different within the next year when those discounts expire.

Of course it's up to you to keep up with the upcoming market trends, as you've experienced, D* is not going to call you & tell you we're bleeding customers so we're decreasing your bill. Sites like Satellite Guys are worth their weight in gold in keeping you an informed customer.

Not true, I've been getting discounts over the last 7 years and I've been calling them every year and everytime I always get a great deal...
They have been very generous to me.

Not true, I've been getting discounts over the last 7 years and I've been calling them every year and everytime I always get a great deal...
Same here, I've been able to get discounts almost every year, and definitely since 2010 when I returned to them, just need to be nice, and courteous. Always show respect and they will do something for you.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Same here, I've been able to get discounts almost every year, and definitely since 2010 when I returned to them, just need to be nice, and courteous. Always show respect and they will do something for you.
Same here and I just received the Red Zone Channel Free even though I wanted the games also and was to expecting to either pay something or extend my contract which I don;t have one but they just gave it to me free but debating on whether to call back and see what price I can get for the games also!! :)

Same here and I just received the Red Zone Channel Free even though I wanted the games also and was to expecting to either pay something or extend my contract which I don;t have one but they just gave it to me free but debating on whether to call back and see what price I can get for the games also!! :)
How much are you guys paying for service each month? My suspicion with most cable/satellite providers that they want to be averaging about $150 to $200/mth per subscriber. My bill for 2 tv sets with HBO as the only premium was about $230 without promos which is ridiculous, so it wasn't any big deal to give me discounts to bring my bill down to just over $180/mth, which for me is still ridiculous, especially when I was the only one watching. The wife & kids were watching just the locals, Netflix & Hulu, which was/is costing me a whopping $17/mth. They only realized I disconnected D* a week after when i boxed up the equipment.

My late teens & early 20's kids says none of their friends watch cable or satellite as that's something they look at as for their parents. So as I mentioned in my previous post, you guys should be in luck for future discounts, I'm just sorry for those customers who just continue to pay without calling in for promos, but they probably can afford it anyway, I couldn't.

i got ST max for half off last month and was hoping to get a promo of $20 off for 12 months extended. no dice they sent me packing got $5/6 mo and $25 off nba league pass. still under contract for another 15 months.

How much are you guys paying for service each month? My suspicion with most cable/satellite providers that they want to be averaging about $150 to $200/mth per subscriber. My bill for 2 tv sets with HBO as the only premium was about $230 without promos which is ridiculous, so it wasn't any big deal to give me discounts to bring my bill down to just over $180/mth, which for me is still ridiculous, especially when I was the only one watching. The wife & kids were watching just the locals, Netflix & Hulu, which was/is costing me a whopping $17/mth. They only realized I disconnected D* a week after when i boxed up the equipment.

My late teens & early 20's kids says none of their friends watch cable or satellite as that's something they look at as for their parents. So as I mentioned in my previous post, you guys should be in luck for future discounts, I'm just sorry for those customers who just continue to pay without calling in for promos, but they probably can afford it anyway, I couldn't.
I pay about 95.00 a month with a bunch of discounts and couple referrals and I have the Premier package!! :)

Just ask retention for Red Zone by itself. Usually they will accommodate that request for free
Called and asked for the retention department. I spoke with a very nice women and I nicely asked to get just the red zone channel, and was informed that there is no way to get just the red zone as a stand alone and was then quoted full price for the ST max. Guess I'll try again later......

I pay without the NFL or NBA packages, about, $166.85 before any credits are taken into consideration(Includes Taxes), right now I have credits totaling $27.50 off, plus the new $10 off a month for having 1 bill with AT&T/DirecTV combined.

I also have Hulu and Netflix, pay $11.99 for Hulu, and $8.99 for Netflix per month, plus WWE Network, NJPW World, and Ring of Honor's online service.

If I didn't watch so much sports, and TV in general I might cut some stuff down, but I watch so much, being an avid football fan, I have a draft website for the NFL Draft that I keep updated daily, so it helps having the new College Extra included in Sports Pack. Plus I watch my Rockets, and Irish in both FB and BKB. And of course my 49ers for NFL.

As for what I have for packages wise.

Choice Xtra
HD Extra Pack
Sports Pack (Thought of removing it, but now the college extra makes it worth it)
Starz
Also whole home DVR, 4 TVs set up, Protection Plan, etc....

I don't feel like I get ripped off, I enjoy what I get, for the price, I use to pay in the 250 range for TWC, never again will I do that.

Just ask retention for Red Zone by itself. Usually they will accommodate that request for free
Well, I called again today and spoke with a very nice women from Boise. I called and asked, "when does my contract end" and was transferred. I told her I was having issues with my HR34, which I am, and she asked why I wanted to leave, told her I really didn't except for the HR34 issues. She offered ST for free, $30 off my bill for one year and $24 bucks off my movie package for six months and they are going to roll a truck tomorrow for free to "fix" the genie issue. She was 'pretty sure' the truck would have the HR44, but if they don't, still got a GREAT DEAL!

LOVE this site.

Reactions: dalyew
Well, I called again today and spoke with a very nice women from Boise. I called and asked, "when does my contract end" and was transferred. I told her I was having issues with my HR34, which I am, and she asked why I wanted to leave, told her I really didn't except for the HR34 issues. She offered ST for free, $30 off my bill for one year and $24 bucks off my movie package for six months and they are going to roll a truck tomorrow for free to "fix" the genie issue. She was 'pretty sure' the truck would have the HR44, but if they don't, still got a GREAT DEAL!

LOVE this site.
Suggestion, watch whatever you need to off the HR34, seeing they don't transfer and you can't have more than 1 Genie on an account, hopefully there's not much for you to catch up on.
Really your at a good point because we're pretty much between the new seasons and the end of the summer shows.

Suggestion, watch whatever you need to off the HR34, seeing they don't transfer and you can't have more than 1 Genie on an account, hopefully there's not much for you to catch up on.
Really your at a good point because we're pretty much between the new seasons and the end of the summer shows.
That's the first thing I did after getting off the phone. I can watch using the on-demand service if I get a replacement. Sure hope the truck has an HR44!!

Thanks for the assistance!

That's the first thing I did after getting off the phone. I can watch using the on-demand service if I get a replacement. Sure hope the truck has an HR44!!

Thanks for the assistance!

The new HR44 is very nice, so much faster.

Called in today and talked to customer retention to get my Sunday Ticket deal.

Here is my background --
Customer since 1997
Have 6 active receivers on the account
not under contract
choice package
no premium channels currently, but I do typically sign up for HBO and keep it for a couple months in May for Game of Thrones, True Detective and last year's summer movies

Here is what I got --
NFL Sunday Ticket for free, with a 12 month agreement
$35 off for 12 months
paid $100 for the Sunday Ticket Max upgrade, but got a one time credit of $20
3 months free of Showtime, HBO and Cinemax (because my billing cycle started yesterday, the free months don't actually start until my next billing cycle. So, the customer retention guy gave me a one time credit for something like $45 to make sure I get those pay channels free this month as well. I guess you can count that as 4 months free then.)

After I got that, I decided to accept their offer to upgrade my standalone HD receivers to wireless genie mini's at no charge. That will require a 2 year agreement.

I'm happy.

Just because DirecTV calls you going from standalone HD receivers to wireless mini genie's an upgrade, it doesn't mean it was necessarily an upgrade. How many tuners did you lose? How many of those mini's will work if your genie goes down, zero. Everything else you got was fantastic, but unless you needed the wireless feature of the wireless mini's, you downgraded IMHO.

Reactions: webdog
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)