2016 65" E6 OLED Thread

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ill post updates as it moves along.

My order with Value Electronics was processed (took the QC service where they check the panel for uniformity; the panel break in with HD/UHD HDR calibrations) and the panel looked fine in QC. They are breaking in now for calibrations, and it should ship 1/23.

Looking forward to watching UHD + HDR!

E6 OLED 4K HDR Smart TV - 65 inch Class (64.5 inch Diag) - OLED65E6P.

Key Features:

- Perfect Black.

- Cinematic Color.

- OLED HDR with Dolby Vision*.

With Picture-on-Glass design, HDR with Dolby Vision* and individually-lit pixels, the E6 OLED 4K TV delivers over a billion rich colors and perfect black for the best picture quality ever. The viewing experience is further enhanced by its ultra-premium styling and Harman Kardon sound bar stand.

Runs about 55lbs with stand.

Attachments

• 61-O4biOi1L._SL1500_.jpg
    61-O4biOi1L._SL1500_.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 71LkVmRa6XL._SL1500_.jpg
    71LkVmRa6XL._SL1500_.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 91CMcuNAqIL._SL1500_.jpg
    91CMcuNAqIL._SL1500_.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 91dn4PHUFLL._SL1500_.jpg
    91dn4PHUFLL._SL1500_.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 249
Got an update on the cal'd modes it will have:

ISF Night at 150 (44fL) nits
ISF Day at peak panel luminance
HDR mode, which once the panels peak luminance in that mode is figured out, they map the EOTF to it (should be around 700 nits peak)

My current all the time mode on the OLED I have is about 46fL, so that Night mode will be perfect.

Looks like Monday delivery!

Got to speak with the calibrator, he actually posts at AVS. Very knowledgable and it sounds like they have a good system in place, especially for calibrating the HDR mode. He owns an E6 as well, so between owning it and doing all their Cal's, should be great experience. I am always a little skeptical of calibrators I am not familiar with.

John Reformatio

ISF II and I think has some relationship with a couple of the AV guys who handle the shootout. One maybe being Joel Silver.

Cal'd really nicely. Interesting. My person mentioned that these manufacturers are pushing the green/yellow. Might be a compensation. We didn't get into too much detail as we were discussing other things. I saw the same thing on my 940C when we cal'd.

S~

I can say one thing for sure, ordering from VE has been the best online experience so far with regards to a display shipment. Even down to their tracking of the freight. The company they use shows me what major city the trailer is by at all times. In the past, Amazon, even Cleveland Plasma orders, it kinda shipped, and eventually it would arrive. And then a day or more later they would call you for delivery, it was kinda wishy washy because nothing was very exact. Be curious to see how the process goes of it arriving in town, and them scheduling a time. Ive had a display delivery where they never called, just showed up once the freight arrived in a nearby town.

It's by Charlotte, NC right now.

I can say one thing for sure, ordering from VE has been the best online experience so far with regards to a display shipment. Even down to their tracking of the freight. The company they use shows me what major city the trailer is by at all times. In the past, Amazon, even Cleveland Plasma orders, it kinda shipped, and eventually it would arrive. And then a day or more later they would call you for delivery, it was kinda wishy washy because nothing was very exact. Be curious to see how the process goes if it arriving in town, and them scheduling a time. Ive a display delivery where they never called, just showed up once the freight arrived in a nearby town.

It's by Charlotte, NC right now.
VE?

Two weeks ago it was $3995, $600 qc, break in and calibrations included. So the 65" E6 base price was $3395. I think they have better deals right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)