2016 65" E6 OLED Thread

Real happy with the HDR calibration so far. I've watched Deepwater, The Accountant and John Wick in UHD and they all looked great. Marked improvement over the 2015 model HDR mode.

Finally sold the EF9500 65", so my dining room is back to normal lol.

I'm sure the 4K content looks amazing. Can you comment on the non-4-K? What TV provider do you use as your source? How does motion on 1080i or 720p look, especially with sports? I have heard some say that it just "doesn't look right' with the OLEDs.

• Near black and overall noise are fixed from the 2015 I had, so things look very good. Not sure it as clean as my VT50, but it looks dang good considering I’m using Mediacom Cable. Their locals look almost as good as OTA, but their channels like History, not so much. Using that same content as comparison, the E6 makes Mediacom look better than the EF9500 did, so I think that is the lack of noise that was introduced by the panel.
  • As far as motion, I have settled on Dejudder 0 (anything higher gives artifacts that I can see) and Deblur 10 (650 lines of motion rez). I’m happy with this and it is improved over the EF9500. I can’t say it is as good as my VT50 motion wise, but I’m perfectly happy now because I can leave it on all the time (24hz, 60hz, 1080p, 2160p) where with the EF9500 I could only use it on 24hz Blu-ray.
  • Basically, my three large complaints on the 2015 (Motion, video noise and near black issues) have been corrected and I am very happy. Bad content, good content, it just looks clean to me. Now I do think motion could be improved with slight use of the DJ controls, but LG seems slow to work this out, but when I watch a UHD Blu-ray I don’t see anything in motion that is a problem for me, it looks very nice.
  • Also, the calibration ability in HDR looks outstanding, blows the 2015 away in HDR mode. I noticed this yesterday when I sold my EF9500. I used my thumb drive with the LG HDR demo’s to impress the buyer, and the E6 whoops the EF9500 when playing those back, lot more WOW factor. Some of I guess is better near black, HDR cal control, and 390 nits vs 720 nits.

Caught up on some episodes of Supernatural which can be problematic with compression and near black issues. E6 handles it great, clean, high contrast image.

Well, the E6 passed the final test the EF9500 had issues with, that is Blindspot on NBC. This one was notorious for blocky minecraft blacks due to compression. The E6 isn't quite late gen Panny plasma clean, but it looks fine IMO especially since I don't have to crush 1% black like I did on the EF9500 to cover much of the issue up.

• Near black and overall noise are fixed from the 2015 I had, so things look very good. Not sure it as clean as my VT50, but it looks dang good considering I’m using Mediacom Cable. Their locals look almost as good as OTA, but their channels like History, not so much. Using that same content as comparison, the E6 makes Mediacom look better than the EF9500 did, so I think that is the lack of noise that was introduced by the panel.
  • As far as motion, I have settled on Dejudder 0 (anything higher gives artifacts that I can see) and Deblur 10 (650 lines of motion rez). I’m happy with this and it is improved over the EF9500. I can’t say it is as good as my VT50 motion wise, but I’m perfectly happy now because I can leave it on all the time (24hz, 60hz, 1080p, 2160p) where with the EF9500 I could only use it on 24hz Blu-ray.
  • Basically, my three large complaints on the 2015 (Motion, video noise and near black issues) have been corrected and I am very happy. Bad content, good content, it just looks clean to me. Now I do think motion could be improved with slight use of the DJ controls, but LG seems slow to work this out, but when I watch a UHD Blu-ray I don’t see anything in motion that is a problem for me, it looks very nice.
  • Also, the calibration ability in HDR looks outstanding, blows the 2015 away in HDR mode. I noticed this yesterday when I sold my EF9500. I used my thumb drive with the LG HDR demo’s to impress the buyer, and the E6 whoops the EF9500 when playing those back, lot more WOW factor. Some of I guess is better near black, HDR cal control, and 390 nits vs 720 nits.
Thanks for the update. I am really interested in what the Sony OLEDs are going to look like with the LG screen and the Sony engine. I may be crazy, but I think that is going to be the best of all worlds.

I expect their Motion Flow to handle interpolation better than Trumotion. I mean I can run deblur 10 and get the full 600+ lines of motion, but Id prefer to run dejudder 1 or 2 but cant with the artifacts. Motionflow usually has a Standard mode that does not have too much SOE, if any, but full motion rez.

Reactions: lakebum431
The more DVR'd shows I watch off the cable DVR I realize how good this display is. Sure, blu-ray looks great, but the compressed stuff can be rough on some displays, and this thing is a large improvement over the EF9500.

I finally setup the LG apps for Netflix and Amazon, since disc player support is so wishy washy. Ran an optical cable back to the preamp from the LG for Dolby Digital, and ran a cat 6 cable from the LG to my cable modem.

Amazon UHD and 1080p works great, and Netflix Dolby Vision looks very very good. Will prob just stream from the tv going forward.

After some more back and forth, I swear the Dolby Vision version of Iron Fist looks better than the HDR10 version. Its crazy too, I mean there aren't really any calibration controls in DV mode, it just looks good. Kind of makes me excited about the discs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)