2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Did anyone see the Oregon bowl game? Their main guy on offense sat out. Then he gets them together for a pep talk later on. It looked like a douche move.

Look if you want to set out fine but don't try to fire up the team. You lose that right when you opt out. Their coach should have left him at home.

You don't want to take part fine. Stay home.

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas Holiday or whatever you celebrate.

This has been talked about a lot, and here is my stance:

• If you are going pro, and it is a toilet bowl, I get not playing
  • If you are going pro, and it is a NY6 or playoff bowl, I will criticize you
  • If you opt to not play, you do not get to go and are done

This has been talked about a lot, and here is my stance:

• If you are going pro, and it is a toilet bowl, I get not playing
  • If you are going pro, and it is a NY6 or playoff bowl, I will criticize you
  • If you opt to not play, you do not get to go and are done
I agree with everything you said.

I wonder how long they are gonna end up having the early signing day ....

You would have thought they would have thought all this stuff thru before making the Early one.

How is a team suppose to know how many they can sign at this early date ?

Think about it ....why would you put a Signing day in the middle of the bowl season for starters ?
Teams should be focused on getting ready for thier bowl game, I know they are n o t all major games but they still have to prepare .... meanwhile, you have coaches that now have to be gone reciting at the same time they re getting ready for thier game.
Many have said the the extra 15 practices you get when in a bowl are invaluable in getting new stuff in and more practice time.

You really don't' know how many scholarships you have to work with because no one know for sure how many are turning pro.
I can see this being a huge issue ...

Kids have what is it, a week after the end of the bowl games to declare, many don't know till then.

After Kirby Smart twisted rules to somehow say a 3rd arrest isn't really a 3rd arrest and therefore triggering the requirement to be kicked off the team. Starting linebacker Natrez Patrick failed his court ordered drug test (tested positive for marijuana and opioids), thus violating his probation (from his last arrest), and therefore has to go to rehad (in order to avoid jail) and thus will miss the Rose Bowl.

So basically Kirby Smart trying to turn Georgia into an Auburn (where rules don't matter) backfired on him. He should have learned that lesson from when Alabama took a woman beater who was kicked out of Georgia and proceeded to beat on women in Alabama.
Georgia LB Natrez Patrick faces court hearing after failed drug test
UGA’s Patrick enters treatment, out for Rose Bowl

ATHENS

Georgia starting linebacker Natrez Patrick has resolved his probation violation case stemming from a drug arrest and entered in-patient treatment.

But Patrick, who was not at Georgia’s practice Thursday, won’t play in the Rose Bowl, according to his lawyer, Billy Healan.
Supposedly Georgia drug tests the players, but I think everyone in the State now knows that's a joke. They may test them, but the don't look at the results, at least for the starters. Especially seeing how he "passed" the test given by the school right after the arrest, but fail the one by the police.
Georgia?linebacker Natrez Patrick, who had a misdemeanor drug charge dropped earlier this week, also faces a January court hearing for an alleged probation violation after he tested positive for marijuana, a solicitor told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

According to the report, the drug test was administered after Patrick, who was on probation for an October misdemeanor marijuana arrest in Athens, Georgia, was arrested in nearby Barrow County, Georgia on Dec. 3 for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

That charge was dropped Thursday, and Patrick's lawyer,?William Healan III of Winder, Georgia, told the AJC that Patrick passed a UGA-administered drug test within hours of the arrest.

So, FSU isnt really bowl eligible. lol
Florida State never actually earned bowl eligibility

Florida State is slated to take on Southern Mississippi in the independence Bowl Dec. 27, but according to Reddit College Football, the Seminoles never actually earned bowl eligibility.

Yes, they are playing anyway, and it was a issue that should have been caught by several different people. No big deal really I guess, but there are a few bowl eligible teams that did not get picked that are probably a little peeved about this today.

Its more on Delaware St, prob gonna hurt their chances at playing P5 teams in the future pulling this crap. Regardless of making a big deal, everything I read is if they had known before know, a simple waiver with the NCAA would have fixed it. Nothing to see here, just news making news.

Oh it is on them. FSU didn't really do anything wrong.

But they aren't eligible, and it should have been caught. There are other teams that were eligible that didn't get picked because of the FSU brand. For them I can see it being news.

I've mentioned this before, but, there are way too many bowl games to start with and it just keeps increasing ....

Personally, I think you should have to be at least 2 games over .500 to go to a bowl game ...
Right now Bowl games are a Participation award kind of game.

It takes next to nothing to get in one now ... if we are gonna keep the bowl games, lets make it something to achieve ... something you have to at least have a decent record, not just a pedestrian .500 record.

Quit watching espn and tell them to quit making bowl games up and paying teams.conferences with our subscriptions to play in empty stadiums. The Bahamas Bowl was on tv while I was at lunch today and I bet there wasn't 2000 people in the stadium

Oh it is on them. FSU didn't really do anything wrong.

But they aren't eligible, and it should have been caught. There are other teams that were eligible that didn't get picked because of the FSU brand. For them I can see it being news.

Always the bama bitch with no research behind ya, its fine. If you actually spent time and learned the situation, you would understand it was on Delaware state, not FSU. Bu troll tide for the sh*t house rednecks that live here

Always the bama bitch with no research behind ya, its fine. If you actually spent time and learned the situation, you would understand it was on Delaware state, not FSU. Bu troll tide for the sh*t house rednecks that live here
What is your problem? I agreed it's on Delaware state and said FSU didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps I could , or should have been a little more clear.
In any case, there is no need to get personal with it. It's only football.

What is your problem? I agreed it's on Delaware state and said FSU didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps I could , or should have been a little more clear.
In any case, there is no need to get personal with it. It's only football.

LOL, you are the one that is sad, one level above the Va Tech guy. You always act like mr innocent posting sideways BS, then act like the victim when you get called out for being a homer. I don't play that, I will tell you exactly what i think.

Yeah, you agreed, then threw shade at FSU, mr victim.

1. It is on DS to be open with FSU, FSU can't verify it!
  2. It equals ONE scholarship, who gives a crap with everything the NCAA lets slide?
  3. Does anyone at the NCAA really wanna scream fraud and make DS payback the 1.3 mil or whatever we paid them for the game? NOPE.
  4. This more affects anyone P5 who has them scheduled for NEXT year.
Go be a Bama homer and stop reading reddit for you facts.

Here ya go, non reddit REAL news for the homers. Don't speak on situations when you are a fan of another school and do not understand... Fake news day driven by a Gator or Hokie for sure.

"Statement from Florida State Athletics

Florida State has received confirmation from Delaware State that the 90 percent requirement is satisfied for the 2017 season, allowing the victory to be used in determining bowl eligibility.

Media reports suggesting otherwise failed to account for a long-standing NCAA rules interpretation that permits institutions to use academic scholarships and other forms of non-athletics institutional aid received by student-athletes in the computation of this requirement. These media reports represent incomplete information, as they only reflect athletics scholarships received.

Florida State departs Saturday for the Walk-On’s Independence Bowl, marking the Seminoles’ 36th consecutive postseason appearance."

LOL, you are the one that is sad, one level above the Va Tech guy. You always act like mr innocent posting sideways BS, then act like the victim when you get called out for being a homer. I don't play that, I will tell you exactly what i think.

Yeah, you agreed, then threw shade at FSU, mr victim.
Go be a Bama homer and stop reading reddit for you facts.

Posting a news story is "throwing shade"? I even stated that it was in fact not a big deal and FSU did nothing wrong.

I did find it a humorous story, and noteworthy, as I can't recall a situation in the recent past that was similar.

In any case, it's been resolved. They are playing.
Congratulations.

There are other teams that were eligible that didn't get picked because of the FSU brand.
I don't think it was because of the brand. Pretty much any school would get the waiver, as it wasn't their fault.

Same as Ga Tech got one the year they got bumped into the ACC Championship game (due to North Carolina and Miami breaking rules and going on probation), which resulted in them losing and dropping to below .500
Ga Tech hasn't been a brand name since Bobby Dodd died.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts