This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

I loved Joe's Heisman speech. What a fine young man. Happy for him and LSU. Both have had a Hell of a season.

Looking forward to the bowls. My wife and I have some time off coming. Both of us looking forward to all the games and the Holidays.

I hope all you guys have a great Holiday season. Good luck to all of your teams!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Jimbo and mccoyrj

Thanks. Same to you!

Merry Christmas everyone and a safe and happy New Year.

I saw where CBS is giving up on the SEC Football after 2023. CBS Sports to End its Association with SEC College Football
They were out bid by ESPN ... just what we need, MORE reason for espn to push the Sec ...

It wouldn't surprise me to see CBS drop out for this round and get back in next time around, depending on how long the contracts are for.
Maybe they pick up another conference in the mean time.

From what I saw, they were out bid by a considerable amount ...

Disney owns ABC and 80% of ESPN. IMO ESPN does an awful job broadcasting especially MNF has become unwatchable with Booger McFarland. As much as I can't stand Troy Aikman, Booger is even worse when it comes to color commentary. I feel like I've been beaten with a stick after a game with Booger.

Good, maybe they will also make SEC football unwatchable ....
I know Disney owns all of that .... so that also means well probably be seeing the Sec on ABC as well ... I hadn't thought about that till now.

I don't know how long the Notre Dame contract goes for, maybe CBS will buy ND coverage instead.

Reactions: camo
NBC signed a new deal with ND. CBS won't give up the SEC game of the week.

I bet CBS would go the game of the week model. Grab a Saturday night game.
Not sure how that would work if the other major conferences are tied to other networks ...

Btw, CBS was outbid by about 250 Million
It was something like 50m vs 300 M
[automerge]1577056876[/automerge]
NBC signed a new deal with ND. CBS won't give up the SEC game of the week.
CBS will give it up, espn outbid them ...

Not sure how that would work if the other major conferences are tied to other networks ...

Btw, CBS was outbid by about 250 Million
It was something like 50m vs 300 M
I can't see them just folding up shop on college football.

CBS will need some kind of Saturday sports programming. PGA will be done and they don't have bowling anymore.

I agree with thee CBS SEC coverage, they do a nice job, sucks for everything pretty much to go
To ESPN.