22k switch problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dchenders

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
NE
Hi

I have a chieta diseqc 4x1 switch, on port 1 I attached a new dms sw-21k going to a invacom qph I put the circular side on the 22k port and linear on the other. when I did this most of the time the motor wouldn't move the dish if I switch between ports sometimes I could get it to move but I couldn't get any signal.

Remove the switch and it's fine, are these switches any good or is there an incompatibility between chieta/sg2100/sw-21k.

Thanks

Hi

I have a chieta diseqc 4x1 switch, on port 1 I attached a new dms sw-21k going to a invacom qph I put the circular side on the 22k port and linear on the other. when I did this most of the time the motor wouldn't move the dish if I switch between ports sometimes I could get it to move but I couldn't get any signal.

Remove the switch and it's fine, are these switches any good or is there an incompatibility between chieta/sg2100/sw-21k.

Thanks
What is your order from the receiver? I would suggest you put the motor between the receiver and the switches.

Al

that's how I have it setup reciever->motor->chieta->lnbs

reciever->motor->chieta->22ksw->lnbs is the problem

I have used a similar setup before:

Code:
Receiver -> Motor -> Chieta -> 22KHz -> ON (Standard LNB) 
                                     -> OFF (Standard LNB)

In the receiver settings are you remembering to set the correct LO Frequencies for each part of the LNB (Linear 10750, Circular 11250) and 22KHz option ON or OFF for the right part of the LNBs?

I have used a similar setup before:

Code:
Receiver -> Motor -> Chieta -> 22KHz -> ON (Standard LNB) 
                                     -> OFF (Standard LNB)
In the receiver settings are you remembering to set the correct LO Frequencies for each part of the LNB (Linear 10750, Circular 11250) and 22KHz option ON or OFF for the right part of the LNBs?

I double checked this they were set correctly

my whole setup is as follows

receiver -> motor -> chieta p1 -> 22khz -> off linear
-> on circular
p2 -> dish2 70' away
p3 -> 22khz -> off c-band
-> on linear (not in use, exibits the same symptoms as p1, I just use it for aiming the 1.2m c-band dish)

p4 -> universal lnb (the whole reason for adding the 22k sw)

all rg6 quad with compression fittings

Do you think it could be a power issue or lack of it?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)