22KHz signal coupling through dual LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
- eh?

No, I'm not very satisfied with the "non-answer", either.

Sorry we couldn't come up with a solution for ya. - :rant:
At least the multiswitch seemed to work as advertised, but that's small consolation. :rolleyes:

With the dropped costs of FTA receivers on ebay, looking to bid on an HD unit in place of the old Pansat. That would allow playing the AC3 audio music channels on G-17, the HD channels, and with diseqc 1.2 can even interface with the GBOX 3000.

Have you tried the blind scan suggestion to determine what or if anything is coming down the coax when this issue occurs?

Last night I noticed a problem with the setup using a third receiver for just C band in the bedroom.

I had the living room TV on a Ku satellite and was planning to watch a show in half an hour on C band. On a trip to the bedroom, decided to go ahead and move the C band dish to the satellite I'd be watching in half an hour. When I did, the signal on Ku in the living room started freezing. Moved the C band dish back and the living room unit runs right again.

My speculation is the third receiver does the user a "favor" and when signal is lost; starts looking for it by trying different diseqc switch settings until a signal is found, and this signal was getting coupled to the living room diseqc switch, changing it, and freezing the picture.

So this morning took one of the 2x4 multiswitches and inserted it in place of a barrel connector in the C band coax direct to the bedroom receiver. My previous experiments with the multiswitch showed nearly no 22KHz signal coupled through the 2x4 switch.

Well that seems to have cured the lost of signal condition interference I was getting.

cobwebs of my mind:

After 40-some posts in this convoluted thread, I've kinda lost track, but let me bring up this one tidbit we once found . . .

A user would lose his Ku signal from his Ku dish, if his C-band dish were parked on a particular satellite.
It turned out that his diseqc switches did not sufficiently attenuate the hot signal coming in from the already powered C-band LNBf.
His solution was to find better switches, turn off C-band power when not using it (not helpful in his mult-receiver setup), or...
...it's been a while since I read the thread, so I don't recall what the -or- actually was. - :rolleyes:

Sorry if this idea is of no help at all, but it came to mind and I thought I'd bring it up.

Actuator is controlled by GBOX 3000 in stand alone mode, not connected at all to the receivers.

Actuator is controlled by GBOX 3000 in stand alone mode, not connected at all to the receivers.
Sorry I was thinking the Gbox might be in diseqc mode. I am still wondering whether you have a 22khz signal from the Gbox when dish moves. As the C band LNB shares a common ground with the motor and actuator. I prefer to insulate the LNB at the horn clamp for a number of reasons.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts