240cm Fortec prime focus performance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I'm looking for some feedback on the 240cm Fortec prime focus solid panel dish. I am having a hard time finding a supplier for a commercial grade c-band dish at a reasonable price, and am wondering if the 240cm Fortec will work for my needs.

I live in the midwest (mid/southern Iowa) and want to pull down a single C-Band digital channel from 97W. I have had no problems using my old beatup winegard mesh 7.5ft dish and my old 10ft unimesh dish for personal use, but this setup would have to be reasonably "solid" and not require a lot of tweaking to keep performing throughout the year as I'm looking to set this dish up to feed the channel to a local cable outlet. I realize that there are larger dishes out there (although I'm having a hard time finding a large fiberglass dish, and my install really needs to be all "new equipment"), but I need to keep my expenses down since there will be no profit involved in adding this channel to a lineup.

So, is an 8ft solid dish of this caliber actually going to perform well for my needs, or should I be looking elsewhere? And is the construction of this unit going to be durable enough to hold up for several years? Also, what sort of weight should I be looking to tether this down with in order to ensure that it doesn't move over time (It'll be on a flat commercial building rooftop)?

thx

Looking through our review section, I ran across this interesting discussion of the GeoSatPro 2.4m dish.
I was so impressed, if they made a 1.8m version, I'd have one by now!

Perhaps by reading a review of a similar dish, you could gain some insight into the one you are considering.

And however it turns out, do post some pictures (and a mini-review) once it's installed.
We can all learn from your experiences.

Thanks for pointing that review out. I'll give it a read and see if that sways my opinion one way or the other :)

I'll definitely keep the group informed (via review/pics/etc) if I do proceed with the project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)