$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jedi76 said:
You all make me lol do any of you even care what you do to the stocks of a company when you take advantage of the offers the company makes for a retention offer by threat of disconnecting if you do not get the offer you hear from non official website such as this one? When you know you have no real intentions of disconnecting cause you know you already have the best service there is for you out there.

Do you even know how much it cost to provide the technology and how much the company has to pay for the contractors that do the installs for the equipment that most of you should never even have qualified for, In the first place.

If i was directv i would let each and almost every one of you disconnect your accounts and loose any offers they do make you. and then when you call back to get the services because you realize that it was the best services you could possibly have. that you do not get squat.

They make those offers for a reason and it is to reward Long term customers with a special offer that no one else qualifies for.

Do any of you even know how much it probaly cost the company to get one new customer?

They pay for the advertiments, the technology (satellites, launching the satellites) Equipment, Labor to install it, Negotiate with the television providers people like viacom, espn to provide tv for thier customers at the best lowest rate.

heck directv has only had 4 price adjustments in 11 years. Thats pretty damn good.

So when you all see your prices sky rocket for programing just remember you only have your selfs to blame for taking advantage of a companies kindness.

heck when a company gives you an offer that you do not qualify for I hope you all take that to heart when you see the changes the company has to make to make up the loss in cost.

:wtf: Can you really be serious with this quote?
If D* couldn't offer these prices, they WOULDN'T! If it were something that D couldn't afford, they would never let it happen more than once! Let's face it, with the volume of recievers that D* orders from it's suppliers, they are probably getting them for a dirt cheap deal anyway... Not to mention that anytime one of these things is activated, they will recieve additional subscription $$$ and that is what they are really after anyway. Yea, we're really taking advantage of D*.... Do the math... $5/month DVR fee. $10.99/month HD fee, and $5/month additional reciever fee.
No, they won't get this out of everyone, but there are plenty of folks who just promised D* an extra twenty bucks monthly. That's what the game is all about, my friend.... Subscriptions. Ever bought a cell phone? Did you pay the $300-$500 retail price for it? Probably not. Cell phones and D* recievers are both subsidised purchases.

Get real, and take the deal.
/soapbox :trolls:

OK, I just got off the phone with Directv and here is what they did for me.

HD-Tivo for $299.00-$100 rebate

Half off the HD package for the first 6 months
Free Showtime for the next 6 months
$2 a month HBO for the next 6 months!

Here's the funny thing. The CSR just asked me if I had Showtime right now and when I told her I didn't she started coming up with free stuff! I didn't ask for half off anything or free Showtime or anything other than the HD Tivo!

All I can say is call that retention number if you're even remotely interested in an HD-Tivo at a great price and maybe some freebies thrown in too. BTW, my install is set for this Tuesday morning.

Oh yea, for the whining fanboys. I never threatened to leave Directv. I merely asked the rep what the best deal they had on an HD-Tivo was.

OK- I've read the thread, but are there any new subcribers getting this deal?

I've got E* with HD now (no HD-DVR, but 2 SD-DVRs). I'd really like to get the HD-DVR and NFL-ST... think they will combine offers like the free Total Choice & the $299 HD-DVR less rebate?

Wondering how far they'll go to steal a Dish customer... ;)

Maybe I am wrong, but this is just like buying a new car. If your neighbor got a great deal on a new car, one that you have always wanted, wouldn't you be talking about the same deal and trying to get it for yourself. Hell, the auto makers are losing fortunes every year and they are offering employee pricing. Should I go to the car dealer and say I don't want the special pricing because I shouldn't take advantage of them?

Well I just called the retention (or maybe anti-retention is more appropriate) line and I was basically told to stick it! I was told that the deal wasn't real from the beginning and people only got it through "nefarious" ways (photo-shopped pictures on the web, lies, deceit, etc.) But after several hundred people got the deal, they've now decided to quit giving in to the pressure of people threatening to go elsewhere. At least that's what the loser I spoke to had to say!

canesfan said:
Well I just called the retention (or maybe anti-retention is more appropriate) line and I was basically told to stick it! I was told that the deal wasn't real from the beginning and people only got it through "nefarious" ways (photo-shopped pictures on the web, lies, deceit, etc.) But after several hundred people got the deal, they've now decided to quit giving in to the pressure of people threatening to go elsewhere. At least that's what the loser I spoke to had to say!

just try again, it is all about who you talk to

canesfan said:

Strange. I called three times and got the same deal from all three csr's. They seemed happy as hell to be doing it too.

I have left 2 e-mails concerning this so called deal... got 2 calls from D* and nothing except the offer of 100.00 mir.

I will be leaveing D* as soon as Charter has HD available in my area

Have had satellite here in East Tn since Oct 1978 in one form or another but it's time to look to cable.

First antenna was a ADM 11' steel fixed mount antenna looking at F3 satellite at 128 degrees with a Glissippi receiver and a 120 degree lna and chapperral feed horn cost $3200.00 and do it your self install.

Had about 16 channels and was happy then. One of the first in Blount County Tn with satellite.

Toddytime said:
I have left 2 e-mails concerning this so called deal... got 2 calls from D* and nothing except the offer of 100.00 mir.

I will be leaveing D* as soon as Charter has HD available in my area

Have had satellite here in East Tn since Oct 1978 in one form or another but it's time to look to cable.

First antenna was a ADM 11' steel fixed mount antenna looking at F3 satellite at 128 degrees with a Glissippi receiver and a 120 degree lna and chapperral feed horn cost $3200.00 and do it your self install.

Had about 16 channels and was happy then. One of the first in Blount County Tn with satellite.
STOP EMAILING THEM! You need to "CALL" the Customer Rentention line (1-800-600-8977). This is how and where you get the deal. Emailing will not work plus you are only dealing with CSR who are trained to be confused. Call dude! Its not that hard! :no

I told a coworker with D* about this deal. It took 3 calls...and the third try required a lot of a$$ kissing...but he got it for $199 (MIR), HBO/Showtime for half off for 6 months, plus the NFL fan package free (which he had already signed-up for). Needless to day, he was very happy with the deal.

ive been with D* for about 8 months. I called the Retention number and politely asked:

"I heard a rumor there was a good deal on teh HR10-250 is this true and what is the deal"

to which she replied

"Yes Sir as a special pricing we are offering the HR10-250 to all customers at 299 with a 100 dollar MIR."

I asked if there were any special terms

"No sir other than the 2 year commitment"

"Where do I sign up"

"With Me"

and I ordered it.. it was delivered and all is good.

You know, I was happy with about 30 channels too once. If the cable company would reintroduce a corded cable converter like they used to have back in the 70s (with the up and down rocker switch on the left and the fine tuning knob on the right and the row of 15 pushbuttons which were used to receive up to the 30 stations depending on if the rocker switch was flipped up or down and the wood grain panel on the convert and the gold-plated channel listing - very classy), had 30 HD channels and integrated TIVO software into the box somehow, I'd go back to it in a heartbeat. ;) The channel listing would ideally be all digital: SciFi-HD, HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, CineMax-HD, The Movie Channel-HD, Starz!-HS, TCM-HD, USA-HD, TNT-HD, The Horror Channel-HD, ABC-HD, NBC-HD, CBS-HD, FOX-HD, WB-HD, UPN-HD, Discovery-HD, TLC-HD, TWC-HD, ... all delivered in native HD format. ;) Heck at this point, it could be cordless too as long as they used the same large box I described as the remote. Due to it being an all digital service, the fine tuning knob would just be there for cosmetic posterity, it wouldn't have to do anything. ;)

And I finally gave it up and cancel the whole deal. It seems that it is only good for existing costumers. Every time it was the same: for me the deal was $499 after $100 rebate. Should I have had them install just the regular box, wait a week and ask for the deal? was I too impatient??? :eek: Any other new costumer whom got it? How did you do it? :confused:

Fgsilva said:
Update:

Called a few hours later. All that the CSR could offer me was $100 rebate for a the HD DVR priced at $649!!! :shocked what the f(*&????
she also seemed a bit grumpy with my request since the system is not yet activated. I guess I'll have to wait till Sunday after the installation is complete! oops. :eek:

Fgsilva said:
And I finally gave it up and cancel the whole deal. It seems that it is only good for existing costumers. Every time it was the same: for me the deal was $499 after $100 rebate. Should I have had them install just the regular box, wait a week and ask for the deal? was I too impatient??? :eek: Any other new costumer whom got it? How did you do it? :confused:

See my earlier posts in this thread.

Fgsilva said:
thanks! SO did you get it? Wasn't today (Monday) the day you were supposed to call them back to get the deal?

Installation guy's truck broke down. New install date Wednesday. Will advise.

I received my HD dvr yesterday.
$489 from Ebay
+$48 shipping (overnight, didnt want DTV installer in my house.)
-$100 credit from DTV
-$120 Premier pack for -$20 for 6 months
-$100 MIR (I hope, hate those things)

$217

jguy said:
I received my HD dvr yesterday.
$489 from Ebay
+$48 shipping (overnight, didnt want DTV installer in my house.)
-$100 credit from DTV
-$120 Premier pack for -$20 for 6 months
-$100 MIR (I hope, hate those things)

$217

How can you get the rebate if you bought the receiver from ebay? Was it new from an authorized dealer on there?

ramy said:
How can you get the rebate if you bought the receiver from ebay? Was it new from an authorized dealer on there?

the rebate doesn't care where you got it from as long as you activated it and got the DVR service

Jedi:

What a moronic analysis. Are you really suggesting that we should not accept deals from companies that offer them?

D* will be fine, D*'s stock will be fine. The average retention cost is 11.5% and this deal has a two year commitment attached. This isn't going to hurt them at all. It will do exactly what they are hoping - slow the HD churn a bit to offset the delayed rollout of their more aggressive HD plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)